• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
0dyv66ijhpmf.png

Might as well have a thread here, eh? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
So, anyone here have basically no interest in actually playing CS:GO, but still enjoy watching it? I'm enjoying EPICENTER so far, even though I'm sad that Liquid went out so early. Virtus Pro stepping up to beat Gambit and Faze to stay alive in the tournament? That was pretty incredible. And SK has looked really good with boltz in place of felps. I liked felps, but if you aren't having fun, you're not going to do well, and SK is playing like they're having fun again. I actually like G2 to pick this up though, which will be an excellent win for them. They've looked really strong so far, not losing a map yet. I love watching SK play, but I'm skeptical about their ability to anticipate each other's actions incorporating a new team member when they get in a really tough match (granted, boltz has played with more of them before, but it's been a while).

Has the new dust2 gone live yet?

everwake

Oct 27, 2017
So, anyone here have basically no interest in actually playing CS:GO, but still enjoy watching it?

That's me. I used to play all the time in high school but finding time to get gud as an adult has been impossible. I love being around the scene though so I live vicariously through Twitch streams now.

This must be how previous generations felt watching sports.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
That's me. I used to play all the time in high school but finding time to get gud as an adult has been impossible. I love being around the scene though so I live vicariously through Twitch streams now.

This must be how previous generations felt watching sports.
Who do you tend to watch? I've watched some of shroud's streams and they can be hilarious (although he also can act like a jackass at times). I mainly find myself either watching live pro matches or replays on YouTube.

everwake

Oct 27, 2017
Usually just matches or vods on YouTube. I tend to only watch normal twitch streams when I'm falling asleep and gunfire isn't very relaxing.

I don't really keep up with any particular team or promotion. Is there a good news site that covers all the cash leagues?

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
The new dust2 has gone live! It's great looking and feels way smoother to just run around on. I only played it once, though, on deathmatch because the spawn locations were either bugged af or not set properly. Kept spawning in terrain lool. Competitive is likely fine since it has fixed spawns

I really despise Valve for neglecting such a great game, though. I'm assuming they have Riot-level resources but barely roll out new content (and it's usually community made) or quality of life improvements. It's absurd that if you want solid matches you're expected to pay for a private MM system.

Hacking in prime competitive is worse than I ever recall it being in the past few years (played off and on though) and hate speech is rampant. It's not an enjoyable community in what feels like half my games. Valve doesn't seem to take any proactive measure meanwhile the game seems to be more popular than back when I started playing competitive. I was MGE before prime, after prime, then took a long break and see an absurd amount of suspicious behavior. GN3 currently and it's damn near every match I feel like I get a smurf or a hacker.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get it out there!

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Usually just matches or vods on YouTube. I tend to only watch normal twitch streams when I'm falling asleep and gunfire isn't very relaxing.

I don't really keep up with any particular team or promotion. Is there a good news site that covers all the cash leagues?
HLTV is pretty much the tops for the highest level matches (even though their forums are basically a step below YouTube comments). They have links to streams for all the pro matches and generally have links to VODs or demos after the matches have concluded, along with full stats. They even have text streaming of live matches if you're somewhere you can't stream video at the moment.

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017
the cs community on gaf was kind of dead, hopefully it can take off a bit more here.

Last edited:

Xizk

Oct 26, 2017
I'm currently building my new PC and will probably start playing again when it's done. I have a 8700k, 1080ti and a SSD already. Need to pick out the rest of the parts after my exam on monday.

I feel like VP will disapppoint against G2. They are always so good at getting your hopes up only to fall apart.

Milk Lizard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TOBYHANNA, Pa
You should have seen the boost we were doing to try and get you on long

http:///mZ7c.jpg

Instead that ended up being the round where you got your first kill.... on me. :(

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
That's a nice boost to peek long when it's smoked off. Too bad I play... wherever I want! :D

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I think you gave me my first kill by rushing B and... flashing yourself.
Nah u already had some kills before. And it's hard to rush when a teammate blocks u off with a molly. Had to smoke it off first before I could get through it. -_- Still better than getting teamflashed long lol.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
The moment they lost the match was Snax being far too passive when Taz was pinned at rock in one of the OT rounds. It was 2v2 and both Fallen and Boltz were stuck behind fountain and Snax just held the angle between fountain and coop. There was no reason for either SK player to go there. If he pushed out to wall it was GG.

Oct 29, 2017
before, MSL/Hunden era is late 2018. You got on the North train early enough that no one can call you a band wagoner haha

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
I mean there were about 7 or 8 regulars in that thread and I see them all in here. Although that guy Rob above, who is he?

Mtodavk

Oct 27, 2017
I posted a little bit in the other CSGO thread, but excited to see we've got one over here.

What does everyone think of the new sound update?

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
2-4am CS is peak CS. There's only drunk Eastern Europeans playing at that time.