• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Just announced via twitter I think?

http://www.counter-strike.net/dangerzone

Introducing Danger Zone - a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on CS:GO's tactical gameplay where players use their wits, skill, and resources to fight to the finish.
Drop into Blacksite
Enter a match with up to 18 players. Find what you can, order what you need, prepare for the unexpected.
Fight or Flight
Check your tablet for intel, choose to engage or live to fight another day.
No Time to Waste
Test your skills, make the most of your equipment, and make every moment count.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/

[FREE TO PLAY]
– CS:GO is now free to play. For more details, visit the F2P FAQ.
– All players who played CS:GO before the Danger Zone update will receive a commemorative Loyalty Badge they can display on their profile.
– All current CS:GO Players have been upgraded to Prime Status
— Prime Status continues to match you with other Prime Status players
— Additionally, your Prime Status will give you access to the new Souvenir MP5-SD | Lab Rats (available by earning XP while playing Danger Zone matches) and the new Danger Zone case.

leg me if old.

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
http://counter-strike.net/dangerzone
bg_08.jpg

Introducing Danger Zone - a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on CS:GO's tactical gameplay where players use their wits, skill, and resources to fight to the finish.

Lots of detail on the page:
120hp for players, weapons have the same behaviour, 16 player mode, can be played with friends, has xp, drone deliveries, etc.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
"Where is Half-Life 3?" is curiously absent from the "Frequently Asked Questions" section.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this will move the needle much. CSGO has been on such deep discount so many times that I have to imagine most of the people that would be interested in it would have picked it up by now.

sanhora

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised it's free to play. 18 player seems a bit low too but I'll give it a shot for sure.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Most surprising thing is that CSGO is now completely free-to-play. Took them long enough lol.

EDIT: The Steam Store is not yet updated, F2P FAQ states that the whole game is free-to-play.

Edit 2: Already Updated, everything is there.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
16 player might actually work in their favor. Although I would like to see that number a little higher. 25 would be the sweet spot.

I like the idea of sharp, short 10 minute games. It would also attract a lot of players that normally dislike the idea of spending 20 minutes in a BR game and dying to the first enemy they see.

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like it should be a big deal, but 16 players only seems a bit small-scale. Are they launching new maps for this mode?

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finally free to play. All Gaas games should be free to play. Glad i waited, because i knew would happen.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This appeals to me. I'm a gun game casual though.

Edit: 18 players? 😹

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
10 minute matches with a low playercount (and assumedly a smallish map) sounds good. Sprawling 30-minute PUBG matches are just kind of tedious for me.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
With how fast CS's gunplay is, I don't think they could do much more than 18. A quicker, more condensed battle royal probably suits Counter Strike better.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I feel like at that player count you can't really call it BR. It's more of just a single life elimination mode.

Still sounds good, will try.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
edit*well turns out i was entirely wrong it's totally free to play.

Last edited:

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Player count is disappointing but it is still Source engine I guess (Source 2 WHEN)

but it does seem pretty unique from other Battle Royales

AkimboChainz

Oct 28, 2017
https://support.steampowered.com/kb...PD-8554&auth=6b8e3c97cfdea74dc9c40fa966e4bab8
What is included with CS:GO?
CS:GO (now available for free) is the full game. New CS:GO players will receive access to all game modes, matchmaking, and a limited set of item drops and weapon cases.
What is Prime Status and how do I get it?
Prime Status is an upgrade available to all CS:GO players. When you have Prime Status you are matched with other players who also have Prime Status, and Prime users are eligible for Prime-exclusive souvenir items, item drops, and weapon cases.
There are two ways to upgrade your account to Prime Status; reach Rank 21 by earning XP and add an eligible phone number to your Steam account, or purchase the CS:GO Prime Status Upgrade in-game or through the Steam Store.