• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow this mode sounds really cool- like way more survival based than I expected. I might jump into this for the first time.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I think the biggest news here is that the game is going F2P.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I guess that's their solution to the cheating problem. Just make it free so nobody can complain!

Will try out the BR though. Where's baby and udie @

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's only f2p offline before this gets spread too far

owDiJZI.png

I'm not sure about this, the FAQ says it's the full game with matchmaking and limited drops. I think that free version is what was already available prior to this.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
A 16 player 10 minute long match on a small map actually sounds like a cool BR mode to try out.
I was never a fan of the Counter-Strike style of gunplay but I'll check this out with my group of friends.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I guess that's their solution to the cheating problem. Just make it free so nobody can complain!

Will try out the BR though. Where's baby and udie @
From what the FAQ implies, seems like there will be different server pools for Free and Paid users, so yeah, you can expect what will come out of this.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know the Battle Royale mode was known about for some time. Did we know that the game was going Free to play? I don't follow Counter Strike all that much. Might check this out. Could be pretty fun.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
I think they made a good decision to make the game F2P, but still seperate players with paid prime status. Also 10 minute Battle Royale matches? I'm in.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Counter-Strike counting to keep itself relevant into its 20th year makes me extraordinarily happy.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Finally free to play. All Gaas games should be free to play. Glad i waited, because i knew would happen.

Congratulations on saving 15 bucks while losing money by not selling crates for years.

Player count is disappointing but it is still Source engine I guess (Source 2 WHEN)

but it does seem pretty unique from other Battle Royales

Source is pretty capable, see both Titanfalls. They should be able to expand but I haven't played yet, might not make sense to have much more but admittedly 18 players sounds quaint.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
it's only f2p offline before this gets spread too far

owDiJZI.png

So what do they mean when they say "matchmaking"? Why would it be neccesary with bots?

What is included with CS:GO?
CS:GO (now available for free) is the full game. New CS:GO players will receive access to all game modes, matchmaking, and a limited set of item drops and weapon cases.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
just started getting back into it as well. now I get to see how terrible I am in a BR mode too.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
From what the FAQ implies, seems like there will be different server pools for Free and Paid users, so yeah, you can expect what will come out of this.
Looks like it's just charging money for Prime matchmaking? That's kind of hilarious if they're not gonna upgrade the tickrate, but Valve gonna Valve.

Battle Royale mode is the only good news of this. I don't see how f2p is benefitting anyone. People will try it and be turned off by the massive amounts of cheaters in the casual servers.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
So what do they mean when they say "matchmaking"? Why would it be neccesary with bots?

What is included with CS:GO?
CS:GO (now available for free) is the full game. New CS:GO players will receive access to all game modes, matchmaking, and a limited set of item drops and weapon cases.
This is the older system which was offline mode only, but after this update it is completely F2P.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
The player count is a bit low but 10 minute matches is pretty nice. That's one of the things that turned me off from playing so many other BR games for extended periods, sometimes matches can take FOREVER depending on where you drop with pretty much the only action going on being running to the next circle, PUBG being the worst of the bunch. Going to try this out, hopefully they up the player count soon tho.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like it's just charging money for Prime matchmaking? That's kind of hilarious if they're not gonna upgrade the tickrate, but Valve gonna Valve.

Battle Royale mode is the only good news of this. I don't see how f2p is benefitting anyone. People will try it and be turned off by the massive amounts of cheaters in the casual servers.

Anyone that already owns the game (ie has paid) is auto-granted Prime status.
You can grind your way to it as well.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
16-18 player battle royale is the funniest shit i have seen all day. I'm sure if i would even call it a BR at that point, it's just a 16 player free for all. CS:GO going free i don't care for considering the amount of cheaters and sandbagging alt accounts in competitive play. Thankfully i don't play competitive anymore and just play on a casual level.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. Totally not doing it to potentially cash in on that reward skin for reaching 250xp :D

It's a dumb argument that a company is not after money. Big fucking surprise.
IIRC, they were working on BR very quickly after PUBG got popular, so they've taken their time with it vs others. Whether its any good, I'll have to see for myself

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
16-18 player battle royale is the funniest shit i have seen all day. I'm sure if i would even call it a BR at that point, it's just a 16 player free for all. CS:GO going free i don't care for considering the amount of cheaters and sandbagging alt accounts in competitive play. Thankfully i don't play competitive anymore and just play on a casual level.
It's not a joke lol, have you not seen Hunt Showdown or Dying Light's Bad Blood?

Battle Royales don't need to be 1000 against eachother it just needs to be done well. Also if this mode works on customer community servers which at one point it will you're gonna have all types of sizes for these modes then.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It's not a joke lol, have you not seen Hunt Showdown or Dying Light's Bad Blood?

Battle Royales don't need to be 1000 against eachother it just needs to be done well.
I don't consider either of those Battle Royales. They are Battle Royale lite at most.

But i also don't consider Destiny an MMO.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if I'll end up playing it, but this is a rad announcement.

We've come a long way since the HL1 mod days....

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
F2P will basically fill the game with cheaters. lol

18 player BR seems to fit CSGO's gameplay more than just forcing a huge number.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
F2P will basically fill the game with cheaters. lol

18 player BR seems to fit CSGO's gameplay more than just forcing a huge number.

And I imagine that is why Prime status exists and previous (paid) CS players are all good there.
Even still, I would bet that you can expect an increase in.. well everything - good players, shity players, cheaters, you name it - just potentially lessened by having a paid matchmaking area

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to play it? It lets you match make in game so I assume it is live, but I haven't been able to find a server/players.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Giving everyone Prime Status is probably the biggest mistake. Non-Prime matchmaking was full of cheaters and flamers. This is going to be completely unplayable. What the fuck was Valve thinking?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
It's a dumb argument that a company is not after money. Big fucking surprise.
IIRC, they were working on BR very quickly after PUBG got popular, so they've taken their time with it vs others. Whether its any good, I'll have to see for myself
That's not I meant though. Just that it seems good idea to offer weapon to skin to get players to try it out. (if it becomes marketable, it could one day net you some wallet too).

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Economy seems really odd so far. Getting a Mac-10 with 12 bullets feels like you've won the lottery.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played csgo in a long time because it was a bad habit but i can totally do a few rounds of battle Royale with the csgo shooting