• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
That's not I meant though. Just that it seems good idea to offer weapon to skin to get players to try it out. (if it becomes marketable, it could one day net you some wallet too).

Oh yeah for sure. And I'm sure that is intentional on Valve's part to drag in those that have worked that out

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
I just played a match, and honestly it feels like a custom server on a workshop map lol. Maybe I need to get used to it.

Oct 25, 2017
So you can pay yourself into Prime now? That's really stupid. It used to be so that you had to verify a phone number to become Prime to prevent cheaters from using alts.

Prepare for more cheaters.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It isn't finding any games for me.

The UI and UX of CSGO has been dramatically improved since last I played though, impressive.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
This might be a Battle Royale I actually want to play (and I wasn't even that into CS to begin with). More functional than Plunkbat, more solid gun-play than Fortnite, smaller scale and quicker pace than either... All that sounds good to me! Gonna give it a shot tonight.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
They made regular CS free to play? Welp, matchmaking is going to be even more fucked now. gg Valve

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Watching streams and getting kind of hyped, this might be the short burst BR I've been waiting for.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
VAC works perfectly fine for a mediocre non intrusive anti-cheat client.
You're joking right? You do understand the lengths their AC goes into scanning your PC, it's at most a lowlevel kernel anti-cheat. Nearly every cheat on the market for CS and VAC games, need to be ring0 which basically means get kernel access to bypass VAC. Sure you can cheat with VAC on but you're gonna get banned.

Prime status literally meant nothing.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
Free to play? There will be a lot more hackers in the matchmaking.
Free users are only in matchmaking with other free users until they either pay $15 or hit rank 21 (and have a valid phone # attached to their Steam account). Valve is assuming that cheaters will be caught before then. Sure will suck for free players, though!

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
You're joking right? You do understand the lengths their AC goes into scanning your PC, it's at most a lowlevel kernel anti-cheat. Nearly every cheat on the market for CS and VAC games, need to be ring0 which basically means get kernel access to bypass VAC. Sure you can cheat with VAC on but you're gonna get banned.

Prime status literally meant nothing.
So VAC is good against shitty free cheats but anything that cost money will go undetected for months/years.

Not too many people out there using free cheats still man, it's 2018. CS MM has been unplayable at higher ranks pretty much since it came out, VAC doesn't do a fucking thing against most of the paid cheats. Anyone at LEM or above really ought to be using ESEA, but it's pretty sad that you need to pay a monthly fee to enjoy a game you already paid for.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Yay, there is now enough people in a match that my ineptitude on CSGO will go mostly unnoticed. Will def try it.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Hmm that battle royale mode sounds good, gonna try it out once i am back home.

But i am not sure if giving all existing users prime status is a good thing, and not sure why the need to go f2p considering the playerbase is still relatively healthy?

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Played two games.

This is undercooked as hell and needs loads of tweaks to be anywhere close to enjoyable.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Watching shroud play it at the moment, looks like good fun but I'll be terrible at it probably.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Not that CS:GO needed help on Twitch, but it's the first time in a while that I've seen something pass up Fornite recently, even if it's only temporary.

WB8vR9U.png

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Watched that match from Shroud, it seems like a really interesting take on the genre.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a sucker for source engine games, but I'm no CS player so I doubt I'll hang around for long.

Can't they just attach the entire Half Life 2 areas together and use that for the map lol. That would be amazing.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I've only played a few solo games so far but the late game seems extremely unfun so far, I don't see a reason not to just hide until another player needs to buy ammo or health then get an extremely easy kill on them. I see they wanted to go risk reward on the supply drop thing but it's pretty much certain death, and with how sparse the map is with helpful shit you pretty much have to call one in at some point

I did get a cool axe kill though and it's' probably a lot better with 1 or 2 friends

glasiche

Avenger
Feb 12, 2018
So far came in 3rd after shooting at really only 1 person (the guy who came in 2nd).

It's OK. Matchmaking is shaky. As of now I think I still prefer pubg, which i still haven't played in like a year, and people who like fornite will keep like that

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The title kept me confused for a moment, I thought it was going to be a mobile CS port or something.
I mean, people always say Counter Strike Global Offensive, or CS:GO.
Never Counter Strike Go.