• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Claire seemingly not being tipped off that she'd been made until she saw the (conveniently ajar) drawer full of cigars is ridiculous. Peter wasn't being subtle at all with that 'nostalgic' speech.

Peter obviously handled it atrociously as well.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
In a spy organization, smh...
Well, our Howard was technically part of that same organization, so... I kinda buy it. It's not like they had ever established Peter to be actual spy material.

Claire seemingly not being tipped off that she'd been made until she saw the (conveniently ajar) drawer full of cigars is ridiculous. Peter wasn't being subtle at all with that 'nostalgic' speech.
Yeah, that was a little weird. Maybe one could argue she wouldn't have looked into the drawer without the speech, dunno.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately I don't think it matters that she saw the drawer of cigars. He'd made up his mind to confront her the minute he knew for sure she was a mole even if he didn't realize he'd reached that decision

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, Quayle...

Here's the behind the scenes vid for this week. Wish these were a little longer.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
This fucking series man. I finally caught up, and it's amazing.

I gotta say, their female writers are on freaking point. The best episodes (Emily crossing the first time, and Clare's background) are written by them.

I'm glad Quayle went to Howard immediately. That's the kind of plot point a lesser show would needlessly drag out.

Totally, Quayle knows he was over his head. He was clearly in denial when Howard came.

Combining alcohol with the whole thing didn't help him. Peter's arch was pretty much said when his father-in-law said that he had met the right people and done the right things at the right time to get where he was, but he still "didn't have the right to sit on the table". Even his demeanor since the first episode shows amateurish vibes. He wasn't ready to have such a megaton being dropped on him.

But the most surprising part was Clare actually admitting she was a spy, and showing connection to this Side. I know she was already suffering from betraying Baldwin, but it's clear that at this point she's carrying on due to fear of being killed or losing her child.

I have been wondering about the same thing.
The way agents can freely move around and about without any set time limits seems really lazy writing. Also, in the context of the world of the show : Why on earth do they even use the breach and not close the tunnel? They already know the "others" are over here killing our people. Just close the tunnel!

It's not that crazy, Alexander Pope's been helping them and it's been thoroughly implicated and shown the man has contacts everywhere and is always one step ahead.

Also, I don't think either side wants to close it. Both sides want to get information to carry their societies forward. Our side wants more things like HIV treatment and even Hepatitis C vaccine, and their side wants our technology.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Heck no, she backstabbed Baldwin!

But seriously, the characterization in this series has been top-notch. I actually sympathize with her. Hope she gets an out, like Baldwin. (I'm also hoping that the Bury Your Gays trope doesn't occur here).

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
When they said they were going to break her legs I was like wtf...then imidietly realized why they were going to do it.

Each episode gets better and better

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Howard 1 laying down some truth.

You think I didn't FUCKING know!?

Last edited:

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished EP8.

The ending killed me.

:[

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!

Love the Lie

The aftermath of the Indigo school discovery takes an emotional toll. Quayle grapples with his wife's new identity.

Remember to spoiler tag discussion until the episode officially airs.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
That scene between the two Hanks was dynamite!

Also, Peter WHATTHEFUCKAREYOUDOING

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone watch the post episode extras by the producers? One thing that bugs me is they have the word "prime" backwards. They use "prime" to refer to the Howard that is in the darker world so to speak. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the comic book sense, the Howard that is in experienced should be the Howard prime, right? His world is closer to our world with the smart phones and all and without the epidemic that wiped out people.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watch the post episode extras by the producers? One thing that bugs me is they have the word "prime" backwards. They use "prime" to refer to the Howard that is in the darker world so to speak. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the comic book sense, the Howard that is in experienced should be the Howard prime, right? His world is closer to our world with the smart phones and all and without the epidemic that wiped out people.
Prime in the mathematical sense.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God damn, this show is one of the best. JK Simmons is a treasure. Binged 1-7 last week and 8 this morning and I am so impressed at Howard's self-interactions, and original Howard's attempts to repair Prime's relationships. I legitimately got emotional when he wanted to listen to Prime's daughter talk about her life.

I FUCKING KNEW EVERYTHING!

Peter is such a fuck up. You'd think his first instinct would be to flip his wife to their side.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
It's
Howard Alpha and Howard Prime

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first episode where I found it slightly disorienting to remember which world was which from scene to scene. Maybe it was just an off moment for me but I also attribute it to having that great episode last week that was mostly flashback. I wonder if the show will have more problems differentiating from scene to scene as it goes on, as they've been way more subtle with difference than something like Fringe.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Or we could come up with clever names akin to Fauxlivia and Walternate for the other side versions.

Go!

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up. I really like how the show gave us world-building and background through the unsettling lens of a child soldier sleeper agent school. I particularly love how the show is handling its parallel universe shenanigans from such a bleak, dark, and realistic angle. For all of Fringe's emotional weight, its parallel universe stuff was always kind of cool. Not here. It's bitter and brutal.

Kalamour

Oct 25, 2017
This show is really, really good. The conversation scene in ep 8 was great. Kudos to JK Simons, he has a great chemistry with himself :)
I see a lot of talk about Fringe here. I have never watched it because I usually avoid broadcast tv shows, unless they are really good, like Person of Interest. Is it on that level?

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
This show is really, really good. The conversation scene in ep 8 was great. Kudos to JK Simons, he has a great chemistry with himself :)
I see a lot of talk about Fringe here. I have never watched it because I usually avoid broadcast tv shows, unless they are really good, like Person of Interest. Is it on that level?
The first two seasons or so of Fringe were not bad although it's only mildly comparable to Counterpart. It more or less started out as something along the lines of The X-Files / Alias and then turned into this multiverse thing which they ended up overdoing quite a bit -- I stopped watching during season 4, I think, when all the alternate characters and timelines became too much for me.

Don't think I would personally recommend Fringe but I guess there's no harm in watching a few episodes to find out whether it's your cup of tea or not.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Fringe is fantastic for three seasons. Season 4 starts having some issues, but season 5 (the final season), was pretty good and a fine conclusion for the series.

Kalamour

Oct 25, 2017
The first two seasons or so of Fringe were not bad although it's only mildly comparable to Counterpart. It more or less started out as something along the lines of The X-Files / Alias and then turned into this multiverse thing which they ended up overdoing quite a bit -- I stopped watching during season 4, I think, when all the alternate characters and timelines became too much for me.

Don't think I would personally recommend Fringe but I guess there's no harm in watching a few episodes to find out whether it's your cup of tea or not.

Fringe is fantastic for three seasons. Season 4 starts having some issues, but season 5 (the final season), was pretty good and a fine conclusion for the series.

Thanks for the replies, I guess I will add it to my list of things to check out :)

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Season 4 of Fringe unfortunately suffered from "We're likely to get canceled, so let's cram three seasons' worth of plot in as a precaution." They ended up adding a final scene to accommodate Season 5, which was more focused, but also felt rushed, especially since it was only 13 episodes.

They still stuck the landing though, which is really all you can ask for with a show like that.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Season 4 of Fringe unfortunately suffered from "We're likely to get canceled, so let's cram three seasons' worth of plot in as a precaution." They ended up adding a final scene to accommodate Season 5, which was more focused, but also felt rushed, especially since it was only 13 episodes.

They still stuck the landing though, which is really all you can ask for with a show like that.
It wasn't just a scene, it was an entire episode that started in the style of Blade freaking Runner. I loved that episode.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for letting me know it was on direct tv dvr early

Also, yeah, things are heated up every where. I really thought the kid going into the crossing, was going with a bomb to seal it up.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for letting me know it was on direct tv dvr early

Also, yeah, things are heated up every where. I really thought the kid going into the crossing, was going with a bomb to seal it up.
I thought the same thing, though that would've been more easily accomplished coming from their own side, I think? I'm not quite sure what their goal was? They definitely left Quayle's dad alive purposely, and weren't killing everyone equally.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the same thing, though that would've been more easily accomplished coming from their own side, I think? I'm not quite sure what their goal was? They definitely left Quayle's dad alive purposely, and weren't killing everyone equally.

It definitely appeared that they were specifically targeting people.