Saya

Oct 25, 2017
vkq4lw5wx9t21.png

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/20190417/nazi-armband-t-shirt-worn-by-pair-in-providence

Everyone in the restaurant turned around, and they were like, 'What? Is that for real?' she said this week.

A beat-up old Cadillac with Massachusetts plates had parked near the front of the restaurant, and a man and a woman wearing Nazi paraphernalia had gotten out.

The man wore a red "Make America Great Again" hat and a red armband with a black swastika on it. The woman wore a matching armband and a swastika T-shirt. The pair crossed the street to the Holocaust Memorial, leaned on the various statues, took pictures and laughed, Pierson said.

″'What the hell do you think you're doing?'" she said she told them. "'How dare you do this?'" The woman responded sarcastically, Pierson said, and the two walked back to their car. Pierson called the police and saw a cruiser drive by a short while later, but didn't think there was much the police could do.

Nevertheless, Pierson said she was horrified by the sight. The man, she said, had swastikas tattooed where his eyebrows should be.

While disturbing, walking around in Nazi paraphernalia is not illegal, Steven Brown, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island, wrote in an email. "It's perfectly despicable and shameful," he wrote, "but also perfectly lawful."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wom...-holocaust-memorial-oh-hell-no-234829640.html

"I said, 'Am I actually seeing this?'" Pierson tells Yahoo Lifestyle. "People around me said the same thing. I took their photo almost to convince myself it was happening."

The couple walked into the Rhode Island Holocaust Memorial dedicated partly to the state's last living survivors. "I was furious — I grabbed my coat and said, 'Oh hell no,'" Pierson tells Yahoo Lifestyle. "My friends yelled at me to come back."

When Pierson reached the memorial site, she saw the couple leaning against statues and laughing. "They were taking pictures of each other and giving the Nazi salute," she says.

According to Pierson, she said, 'What the f*** do you think you're doing? How dare you," and the woman sarcastically replied, "Thank you so much, I so appreciate your input...let me guess — you're Jewish?"

"I said, 'I'm not, just a decent human being,'" Pierson tells Yahoo Lifestyle.

Teens who were skateboarding overheard and filmed the couple. "The woman dared them to put the videos on YouTube," says Pierson. "Then they went to the World War II Memorial."

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't even have a hot take on this. The fact that our current society is able to produce outcomes like this at such a rate is a failure.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
The state of humanity in modern America at its core is an abomination and failure in levels that simply won't be fixable any time soon regardless of the results of the next election

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I could provide you with examples of equally shitty behavior in a dozen far more liberal countries. Don't act the like rise of fascism is an exclusively American phenomenon.
Which does not, for one second. Diminish America being a shithole country. So please spare the whataboutism.

That is the last i'll say about that, so i'm not accused of derailing.

Godbless you for posting this.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Ok, how hard is it to make nazi paraphernalia illegal? Surely there is some precedent to make it illegal to align yourself with the people responsible for the holocaust.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even have a hot take on this. The fact that our current society is able to produce outcomes like this at such a rate is a failure.

Shit like this is exactly why we're doomed to repeat the past. Everyone keeps saying "nah a guy like Hitler could never gain power and start a war these days", but just look at people like that. People who want an excuse to hate, who will do anything and allow anything if it means they can "own the libs", even if that means electing a president that literally ruins their lives.

It's insidious and one day you wake up and suddenly folks think it's actually funny to visit Holocaust memorials dressed with Nazi accoutrements. Then people start handwaving what the Nazis did, giving excuses like "the Jews were greedy and took everything the Germans had", and suddenly a large group of people don't believe the Nazis were as bad as the "fake news" history books claim. The Holocaust never happened, they'll say, or Auschwitz wasn't a death camp but a labour camp and the Nazis fed them well and gave them the same treatment as POWs.

Oh wait folks already say all this stuff. We're so fucked.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Meanwhile doing nothing about it otherwise.

The only thing fuckbags like this deserve is a nap on the pavement.

tumblr_owip7nhlt11uw7ihbo4_400.gif

The way he holds up his hand as if to say "Now sir please calm down we can discuss this like gentlemen....*lights out*" makes me fucking laugh every single time.

Like what the fuck did he expect lol

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
MA plates? Wish they would dress like that and walk down the street I live on. Though they would probably get severely beat before I could get close enough to get a shot in.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really that hard to just be a normal fucking human being these days for people? Man too much shitty news everywhere today it seems,

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am for freedom of speech and against violence. Pretty edgy ideas, I know.

I am not for hate speech. We can decide that this expression is a form of illegal hate speech. Then make it illegal to wear this in public as it inherently incites violence.

Edit: I'd be really interested in hearing all the democratic candidates take on this issue.

Last edited:

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Man, this is very, very sad, the fact that people feel empowered to do shit like that and have no consequences are atrocious to begin with, at least someone should have punched to fucking guy cause punching a Nazi in the face will never get old. But yeah, this is terrifying, not that we don't see terrifying shit everyday, but... this?

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Could be they didn't know who the Nazi's where and now they're desperate to learn about them? right? It's happened before!

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember this everytime somebody says something like "Being too leftist will drive people to the right"

Apparently being too Nazi isn't enough to push people to the left though. Funny how that works.

I also love how no one is surprised the Nazi is wearing a MAGA hat. And yet we are all supposed to play dumb and not call out Trump and his base for who they are.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The south is a shithole, no argument there. But let's not push this like white supremacy, Nazi bullshit isn't acceptable all over the US. I've seen these types of people in Michigan. I guarantee they are in the Midwest. They are everywhere and they are fully empowered.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Meanwhile doing nothing about it otherwise.

The only thing fuckbags like this deserve is a nap on the pavement.

tumblr_owip7nhlt11uw7ihbo4_400.gif

I don't advocate violence but if you're a nazi you deserve everything you get. If someone wants to break your jaw you brought it on yourself and they should get a free pass.