• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who broke the news about this, I assume that it's the Washington Post since it's being sued, but they should've seen all the facts and videos that were out to demonstrate that these kids were minding their own business. The first two or three days that this story went viral this kid's life must've been hell. I've seen lots of people that haven't seen the full story. I edited my post to include the video that I saw.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/covington-boys-video/

you do realize that the existence of video footage where someone is not being a massive douchebag does not magically cancel out video footage where someone is being a massive douchebag yelling hateful garbage at random women, right? like even the worst people are not acting at their worst 100% of the time

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/covington-boys-video/

you do realize that the existence of video footage where someone is not being a massive douchebag does not magically cancel out video footage where someone is being a massive douchebag yelling hateful garbage at random women? like even the worst people are not acting at their worst 100% of the time
And the fact the video he posted is the only video from that channel which was created February of this year. Totally not suspicious as all get out.

LexusRacer

Jan 15, 2018
Miami, Florida
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see that video, but it's not the same kid though, right?

he's in the crowd of kids hollering with them, which is exactly what people are holding against him

the kid isn't being charged with a crime here - people are just correctly pointing out that he joined in with a bunch of his buddies to harass women and minorities and got caught on film doing it

any negative attention is his own fault for forgetting that cameras exist ,making himself the center of attention and forgetting that being in a mob does not make you as an individual immune to scrutiny

also, don't think that i didn't notice that you defended "these kids" as "minding their own business" in your original post, yet you immediately moved the goalpost to "this particular kid" in this post - you aren't slick

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who broke the news about this, I assume that it's the Washington Post since it's being sued, but they should've seen all the facts and videos that were out to demonstrate that these kids were minding their own business. The first two or three days that this story went viral this kid's life must've been hell. I've seen lots of people that haven't seen the full story. I edited my post to include the video that I saw.

if those kids were 'minding their own business' then why were they doing Indian chants during the Native American's performance, goading the Muslim extremists by surrounding them and yelling at them and screaming MAGA shit at passerbys?

cheese toast

Oct 29, 2017

That video is from the kid's lawyer.

schwifty

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate this fucking kid. I can't stand seeing his face for even a second. Fuck his face.

LexusRacer

Jan 15, 2018
Miami, Florida
he's in the crowd of kids hollering with them, which is exactly what people are holding against him

the kid isn't being charged with a crime here - people are just correctly pointing out that he joined in with a bunch of his buddies to harass women and minorities and got caught on film doing it

any negative attention is his own fault for forgetting that cameras exist ,making himself the center of attention and forgetting that being in a mob does not make you as an individual immune to scrutiny

also, don't think that i didn't notice that you defended "these kids" as "minding their own business" in your original post, yet you immediately moved the goalpost to "this particular kid" in this post - you aren't slick

Take a look at the video I posted. They were on the steps waiting for the bus to arrive and Nathan Philips walked towards their group. I don't see "this particular kid" in terms of the Plaintiff that is suing the Washington Post in that video Sianos posted. Also, we don't know when or where that video was shot. I don't remember seeing a kid with a Bengals in the initial video.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can't tell if troll or... Can't tell

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't tell if troll or... Can't tell

CoSl7HU.png

edit: yeah I can't tell if it's a troll either

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018
Take a look at the video I posted. They were on the steps waiting for the bus to arrive and Nathan Philips walked towards their group. I don't see "this particular kid" in terms of the Plaintiff that is suing the Washington Post in that video Sianos posted. Also, we don't know when or where that video was shot. I don't remember seeing a kid with a Bengals in the initial video.

Is this an alt account for the kids' lawyer or something?

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand

There's nothing out of context about this. Kids provoked a known loud mouth group. Guy intervened. Kid could just move out of the way, didn't, instead surrounded the dude.

If you want context, here is context. Those kid went there to protest abortion while cheering for rape.

While the other dude literally was there to advocate for Native American

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
In before Chief Ephraim Israel sues the Washington Post for not defaming his group enough.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what your post is suppose to imply. That I created an account a year ago just to wait for this very moment to troll a random thread?

Watch the videos that contextualize the entire thing. There are links above and below your post. You are either trolling or have been misled by the video you linked to.

If you're not trolling you're sort of compelled to at least concur those videos give more context not different context.

Oh but I will note the video you did post showed a crowd of kids surrounding, crowding an elderly native American man and doing a tomahawk dance and chanting. Ah! But he approached THEM! Is that how catholic boys defend themselves? Oh no wait it's not. I was a little catholic boy but never reached that degree of training. Wait is that how you protest black Hebrew Israelite doctrine? Hmm dunno.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I don't know who broke the news about this, I assume that it's the Washington Post since it's being sued

It wasn't. It was a viral post (I believe on Twitter) that the Washington Post then reported upon. His lawyers are basically lining up to sue any news org who ran a story that didn't have the narrative of "Native Americans bad, white Catholic boys innocent and nice!".

but they should've seen all the facts and videos that were out to demonstrate that these kids were minding their own business

They reported on what allegedly had happened in the video and during the incident, which in itself is not defamation.

The first two or three days that this story went viral this kid's life must've been hell.

Man sure must suck to have your life become hell from something you could have easily walked away from at any time.

I've seen lots of people that haven't seen the full story. I edited my post to include the video that I saw.

You've included a heavily edited propaganda piece created by this shit's lawyer.

Good job, you've been duped.

LexusRacer

Jan 15, 2018
Miami, Florida
Is this an alt account for the kids' lawyer or something?
There's nothing out of context about this. Kids provoked a known loud mouth group. Guy intervened. Kid could just move out of the way, didn't, instead surrounded the dude.

If you want context, here is context. Those kid went there to protest abortion while cheering for rape.

I"m not defending anyone's actions. I'm just looking at this objectively. I seriously believe that the media should've gotten all the facts prior to releasing a story.

The other videos where there's a group of kids from Covington Catholic making rape jokes and calling women that walk by sluts shouldn't be considered in viewing whether or not Nick Sandman, the guy that was face to face with Nathan Philips, has a chance of winning. I can't tell whether he's in those videos or not, but I remember when I first saw the clip, I did want to punch his punchable face. Only when I saw that there were several videos showing different viewpoints was when I saw that we didn't get the complete story.

Like I said before, I'm looking at it objectively and not trying to be argumentative. I realize that people see him as the face of the entire Covington Catholic student body including the videos that were posted. I don't know if that will further his claim of defamation or not.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I know there are more videos out there showcasing the boys before and after the event saying and doing some stupid things. If people had the time they should acquire and compile all the videos and share them with the Washington Post's lawyer just to end the trial swiftly.

Darknight34

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
I do think there is some detective work to do here, but he's not winning anything unless they just want to get rid of a headache and pay him off.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to hear how they came up with $50 million in compensatory damages.

Did this ruin his career as CEO for a Fortune 500 company?

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
I know there are more videos out there showcasing the boys before and after the event saying and doing some stupid things. If people had the time they should acquire and compile all the videos and share them with the Washington Post's lawyer just to end the trial swiftly.

The lawsuit is specifically about the Washington Post claiming in their newspaper that Nick Sandmann (the boy) instigated the conflict with the Native American, when in fact it was the Native American elder who approached Nick. What the other boys did before and after the event is not relevant to this lawsuit.

I don't have a copy of the newspaper and so I can't verify if the case has merit, but I would not be surprised if they did in fact make that false claim.

Make no mistake, the media fucked this story up and It's not just the alt-right morons who think so. There's an On The Media podcast that has a good summary of the journalistic mistakes that were made, and also this article by The Atlantic: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/media-must-learn-covington-catholic-story/581035/

Also, to note the obvious: a quarter of a billion dollars is a ludicrous sum of money to sue for in any case.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
This kid instigated the stand-off by remaining in the way of a bunch of people trying to walk up the public steps through the crowd he was part of.

He had ample room to move out of the way, but he chose not to. It's that simple. Whatever his intentions were secretly, his actions are that of instigation and most media outlets correctly reported on the story that had previously gone viral. The visuals did most of the initial talking though, so perhaps he should sue the person who uploaded the highly suggestive original footage?

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
190119194820-maga-teens-native-american-march-super-tease.jpg

It's not really defamation if people just feel like punching him after looking at this image.
Even if he wins, he'll still be forever remembered as that douchebag who went to an anti-abortion rally wearing a stupid MAGA hat.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that is what I thought. NY Times is sneaky Trash, and WSJ is blatant Nazi Trash.

Uhhh, no. The Post, the Times, and the Wall Street Journal are the three most reputable news sources in the entire country. The Times and the Post have upheld the rights and the duties of the press time and time again, and they arguably have the most nuanced, least sensational takes on most news stories. I think that the Times has less of a slant than the Post does, and tends to have better reporting. My statement was that the Post is more liberal, which is not synonymous with "More Correct," as liberal as I am myself.

The Wall Street Journal is the closest thing that we have to a moderate, balanced, conservative newspaper. If more conservatives got their news from there rather than the likes of Fox News, Facebook, or Breitbart, we wouldn't be seeing the blind acceptance of psuedo-fascist policy that we have been.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
He is worried about negative effects his actions have on his life?
Yeah, not learning a lesson doing this then.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt WaPo owned by Bezos? Good luck kid.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
You wear MAGA hats to pick a fight

These fuckers were there all day

Yeah Mr. Phillips did Approach them but they arent some innocent group of school kids and they have a very nasty history and reputation

Unfortunately i dont see the proper outcome being reached regardless since this whole thing has been blown up into chaotic proportions

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Trump chiming in on these situations hurt the case?

That's what I was thinking, the same Bezos who didn't bow down to an embarrassing blackmail attempt.

This is a war taking place between Bezos and Trump, the richest man in the world vs the most powerful. Partly to do with Saudi critic Khashoggi (who was WaPo journalist), which Trump swept under the carpet most likely due to Saudi money and WaPo investigation of other"special interests" between Trump and his friends, ie the owner of The National Enquirer who tried to extort Bezos. You'd be forgiven if you thought this was a script from complex political drama.

Last edited: