• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
This looks fantastic on PS4, way better than expected!

Bodes well, I tried out GeForce Now for the first time yesterday and it runs like a dream for me. I now cannot wait for that 60fps RTX goodness 😀

Preatorian60

Nov 19, 2020
I almost wish he could have explored the character creator a little, I'm disappointed that we haven't seen it in motion as far as I know

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So as a PS5 owner who also owns an older gaming PC with a 1080 GPU and a i7 6700k what platform would you guys recommend getting this game on?

Ill be playing on an LG CX if that makes any difference.
As someone with a 980ti and i5 6600k, I say PC. More open and flexible, moddable, and always have upgradability as an option.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It the start of the game on the outskirts of the city. Offcourse less demanding probably until you come to the city.
Still looks allright. And this is without the whole patches that delayed to game to get extra optimization for the last gen consoles.

Oct 28, 2019
So as a PS5 owner who also owns an older gaming PC with a 1080 GPU and a i7 6700k what platform would you guys recommend getting this game on?

Ill be playing on an LG CX if that makes any difference.

PC cause that CPU will be more than enough to crank up the NPC density

On the PS5 you'll be playing the PS4 version for now and we all know that's gonna be dead on the streets

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The Ps5 will run the pro version and the Series X the One X version right? Curious to see how that translates. Maybe the Series X will have higher resolution again with dips and the PS5 lower res with more steady fps. Have they already announced if they will have a patch day one for the next gen consoles with some improvements? Or will it be plain BC mode.

If it dips with the pro settings on PS5 with 30 cap than they should work on it more before releasing it...

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
The Ps5 will run the pro version and the Series X the One X version right? Curious to see how that translates. Maybe the Series X will have higher resolution again with dips and the PS5 lower res with more steady fps. Have they already announced if they will have a patch day one for the next gen consoles with some improvements? Or will it be plain BC mode.

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Look Better on PS5 At Launch, Will Get a Free Next-Gen Update in 2021 - Push Square

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
At least we now know ps4 didn't catch on fire running this game

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Runs better than I was expecting. After Witcher 3, I didn't have high expectations.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
This is better than I was expecting from any Jaguar CPU console, Pro/X much less the base machines. I'm now even more optimistic about the next-gen versions, even before the dedicated update.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Surprised how smooth the driving looked, especially at speed. I'm not touching this game until they get the PS5 patch out either way though. Just doesn't seem to be much point.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Looks great on PS4. Weird shadow glitches aside. Is this how people normally play games? Was painful to watch

KevinHelpUs

Nov 18, 2020
Welp, time to stay the hell off these forums for the next few weeks. I'm not worried about glitches, etc., because the day one patch *should* address those, but with a game this massive, there will likely be some noticeable wonkiness for the first month or so.

Ad-Infinitum

Nov 1, 2017
PC cause that CPU will be more than enough to crank up the NPC density

On the PS5 you'll be playing the PS4 version for now and we all know that's gonna be dead on the streets

I don't believe this will be the case myself. The presence of the "upgrade to PS5 version" sticker on the box indicates that a separate PS5-specific SKU will be downloadable at launch (much like they talked about earlier this year, yet failed to elaborate upon). All other PS4 games featuring said label on the front of the box have allowed the immediate download of a dedicated PS5 version via insertion of the PS4 disc (Dirt 5, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, etc) - thus discounting the theory that the label is merely referring to next year's big PS5 upgrade.

That said, I'm simply expecting a sort of PS5 "version 1.0" at launch with various tweaks made to ambient lighting, reflections and resolution (much like the differences exemplified in their recent Xbox One X to Xbox Series X video). I feel the Digital Foundry/ NX Gamer videos are going to be quite interesting with this one. 🤔

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
i mean outside of the cutscenes it looked ok

but holy hell when he looked at the car engine it looked so bad compared to earlier footage of the same engine

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
There is some detail completely absent on PS4 like the mechanic's tools on the wall at the work bench.

May 19, 2020
I imagine this game will be as rough as Witcher 3 was at release. I'm going to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.

Aug 4, 2020
Looks like it can run on base consoles bruh. Maybe my PS4 will survive bruh. Probably a huge patch coming day 1 bruh.

How did these dudes end up with a copy?

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
i mean outside of the cutscenes it looked ok

but holy hell when he looked at the car engine it looked so bad compared to earlier footage of the same engine
I noticed that too. The B-roll footage was not using RTX as far as I remember.

Denkvbg.jpg

7aoYTBX.jpg

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Texture quality is what I am most concerned about with the console versions. If texture quality is fixed to low PC settings until the next-gen patch next year that would suck.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we all are willing to engage with the themes of CP77 (body autonomy, body ownership, and more) with the context of CDPR anti-trans actions, since I expect this to be a huge focus on the story.

The game is dropping big Naturo-Kurama vibes.

Last edited:

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Does anyone know what the Google Stadia graphics settings will be / most likely be?
Nothing yet, but I wouldn't expect too much beyond console performance, given previous games on the service have been hit or miss.

I would seriously recommend you check out GeForce Now though. Confirmed to be 1080p60 with RTX.

I tried the service last night for the first time of 5ghz wifi and had a ridiculously good experience - image quality was pristine in a number of games I tried. I played Hitman 2 on ultra settings with supersampling cranked-up and it was glorious!

Needless to say, I have now pre-ordered Cp2077 though Steam and am really looking forward to December 10th now. My poor old laptop barely even meets the minimum spec otherwise, so I'm stoked at the prospect of playing this with visuals and performance cranked up at launch!

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing yet, but I wouldn't expect too much beyond console performance, given previous games on the service have been hit or miss.

I would seriously recommend you check out GeForce Now though. Confirmed to be 1080p60 with RTX.

I tried the service last night for the first time of 5ghz wifi and had a ridiculously good experience - image quality was pristine in a number of games I tried. I played Hitman 2 on ultra settings with supersampling cranked-up and it was glorious!

Needless to say, I have now pre-ordered Cp2077 though Steam and am really looking forward to December 10th now. My poor old laptop barely even meets the minimum spec otherwise, so I'm stoked at the prospect of playing this with visuals and performance cranked up at launch!
This is very interesting, I wonder will it work with the GOG version. My GPU should run it at that level of performance anyways, but I want that raytracing...

Edit: Turns out it's coming (presumably ahead of launch?).

phaze

Oct 26, 2017

Huh, I wasn't even aware much of this Nvidia thing. I've kept streaming at cyber-elongated arms length and never really trusted it's ability to deliver fluid uninterrupted gaming but seeing impressions like these makes me waver. If this would enable an Ultra settings CP experience it warrants investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.