• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Also waiting for the "think of the devs" appeals when it comes to looking at early pre-patch leaks of the game as opposed to when people are concerned about issues of transphobia. Bizarre lack of them 🤔

CTRON

Jul 16, 2020
592bdf14cc0979de9.gif

This moment felt janky.

lol yup, that's a CD Projekt Red game alright.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think the gameplay is on PS4Pro and looks pretty decent as far as quality of the performance goes. It should be pretty damn good on PS5 day 1 for those who have the console.

Still curious about the base console models.

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019
People saying it looks bad graphically need to understand its the base ps4 version... before thier day 1 patch...

Linkie3

Feb 8, 2019
I'm stull curious about the ps5 upgrade sticker on the case? Weren't there rumors about two next gen patches where the first is just basic next gen stuff, and the second adds ray tracing?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm stull curious about the ps5 upgrade sticker on the case? Weren't there rumors about two next gen patches where the first is just basic next gen stuff, and the second adds ray tracing?

I believe the game will have minimal improvements on next gen consoles out the box and the big, real next gen patch will come later.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
The game will probably be in backwards compatibility on PS5/XSX at launch and a full next gen version next year.

tioslash

Oct 29, 2017
Looks to run OK, from the seconds that person did actually move during 20min anyway.

Menu song is cool.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Yeah, the driving looks really good actually. I'm very happy about that. Now only thing left is the combat.. Apparently that one is just alright and nothing special.

Most of the previews from last week mentioned that the people who played the preview version were actually pretty satisfied with the gunplay and weapons
For example PC Gamer preview had this to say about the gunplay: "...the shooting is great—the guns feel nicely weighty and powerful..."
GameInformers preview was really positive too when it came to the gunplay and weapons

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
So there doesn't seem to be any footage of the city, thats the only part I'm really interested in from a performance pov

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Also to keep in mind that this is the first leak, but how these tend to go over next few days more leaked copies will crop up and we will start to get more detailed leaks. Better quality, story leaks etc.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At 11:23 it takes like 6-7 seconds for a car to pop in. Seems pretty brutal.

Obviously there's gonna be a giant day one patch here, but it's almost impressive how useless this footage is. 20 minutes long...but the guy stands around constantly doing nothing, blasts through the character creation, starts as a damn nomad in the wasteland instead of seeing how the console handles the city. Like damn, man.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I believe the game will have minimal improvements on next gen consoles out the box and the big, real next gen patch will come later.

Yea people speculate there will be somekind of very basic "upgrade" to a next gen version out of the box but this has never been confirmed and is all speculation by the wording CDPR has deliberately used.

They never once mention its using the backward compatible functions of the consoles and yet there is no PS5 or Xbox Series branding on the boxes aside from that sticker we can now see on the PS4 box

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope the PS5 version runs on a bit higher settings on day 1. Like higher textures, shadows, AF etc. I know the big upgrade coming later but i also hope its not the exact same as the pro version besides ress and stable framerate. Why CDPR hasnt given us a proper info about this?

Oct 27, 2017
London
The guys playing it were fucking annoying idiots, standing around doing nothing, skipping the whole character creation and dialogue. Couldn't have asked for worse footage. Game looks good but bro actually test the game and not chat shit.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
This actually didnt look too bad for PS4.
However:
Is it me or does the environment looks very sterile? By that I mean that nothing is moving. Not even the grass or anything. Everytime he stood still it looked like the game froze. If the wind hadnt moved the dust I really would have thought it was frozen.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope the PS5 version runs on a bit higher settings on day 1. Like higher textures, shadows, AF etc. I know the big upgrade coming later but i also hope its not the exact same as the pro version besides ress and stable framerate. Why CDPR hasnt given us a proper info about this?
It's probably gonna be the same version, just with a more stable frame rate.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Looking at this stuff I feel id didn't really NEED to be delayed, it looks decent graphics and performance wise. Just really empty without other cars.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Not enough time i suppose. They are probably working as hard as possible to polish and to make the game playable for PS4 and Xbox One. CDP has never been very good at developing on console to be fair. TW 3 was a semi disaster at launch.

Dunno the stream is bad quality but the textures/shadows etc looks better in the X/series X video

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Guess that it's a bit challenging to QA such an ambitious and complex RPG for 8 platforms at the same time. So you might end up with two versions now: console and PC. Maybe there are some differences in texture resolution and such but I wouldn't expect anything substantial unless CDPR confirm so.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Just rewatched the X/series X video and the series X definitely looks better to me. So i think the nextgen versions will look better than the currgen ones on day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.