• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
The effect looks cool, but is it really needed? Do you have a device that collect all that crumbles and use them to build something new?
In multiplayer it plays in to destroying or creating line of sight. You could for example blow the floor from under the enemy while they're shooting at someone else which totally screws their aim up because they're now falling a floor (or more) down (happened to me many times). Or you can destroy the cover the enemy is behind.

Mud

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Why does "cloud power" get a pass? How so many gobbled up that pr spin I'll never know. Malarkey. Just like all that kinect nonsense.

This doesn't look good. Most (if not all) bought the first game for the halo 3 demo/beta. Never saw the appeal myself.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That looks good but you can also see that it's largely smoke and mirrors...

Is not even remotely on the same level as CD3.
Smoke and mirrors? Red Faction Guerilla has real time destruction. From what I've seen of CD3 destruction doesn't look any better or more detailed than Red Faction's, in fact, debris seems to stay on the ground and remains interactive a lot longer in Red Faction.

I sense you are downplaying Red Faction's destruction out of spite or because it's an older game. Old doesn't mean bad. And new doesn't mean good.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This content seems highly unlikely to produce anything other than system warring. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.