• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, it's kinda funny how that gif in the OP kinda looks like Cyberpunk 2077, especially that daytime shot. With all the awesome destruction I think it actually holds up pretty well compared to what we saw of the city in Cyberpunk. Obviously Cybeprunk will propably have some higher resolution textures and be technically more advanced, but it doesn't look much worse in that shot!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Not a fan of the visuals but that's not exactly the main reason I'm picking up this game.

Should be a nice, brainless romp until DMC5 comes out.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I'm definitely a big fan of the neon lights in the game. Particle effects for explosions look pretty cool as well in both wrecking zone and singleplayer.

PlaintiveAlertKoi-size_restricted.gif

VariableSmallDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gif

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect it's another game, like SoD2, that will look totally fine on X or PC, and get complaints from base xbox players

all trailers have been too close up, these views make the game feel grander

Apophis

Nov 6, 2017
Germany
Heh, it's kinda funny how that gif in the OP kinda looks like Cyberpunk 2077, especially that daytime shot. With all the awesome destruction I think it actually holds up pretty well compared to what we saw of the city in Cyberpunk. Obviously Cybeprunk will propably have some higher resolution textures and be technically more advanced, but it doesn't look much worse in that shot!
Watch the trailer again. It's not even close

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me a bit of Sunset Overdrive with those sharp, vibrant colors and futuristic feel. Looks good.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I hope DF does a run down on the tech. I already see alot of tech in it, SSAO, SSR, dynamic lights everywhere, particle effects, impressive draw distance, etc. Even the character models are really good

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Cyberpunk manages a beautiful world with a lot of life in it tho. Big difference with Crackdown.

Still, the 'looks like a 360 game' noises should be gone now. This does in no way look like a 360 game.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Given the games we've seen over the past couple of years, I just don't think Crackdown can compete with them, visually speaking.
And I think it's weird that Microsoft(previously) or rather Xbox Fans(now) try to push this game into the role of a visual showcase.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I understand people saying it looks like a last gen game. I can see the art style not being for everyone, but it looks really sharp.

Looking forward to giving it a play! Even if it ends up not being great, i'll download it on Game Pass just to mess around with a new Crackdown game for a bit.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Given the games we've seen over the past couple of years, I just don't think Crackdown can compete with them, visually speaking.
And I think it's weird that Microsoft(previously) or rather Xbox Fans(now) try to push this game into the role of a visual showcase.

Let's all be fair. This game is not going to win any awards for its visuals. But it doesn't look as bad as most people are suggesting it does. There is some middle ground, you know.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excuse my god damn french, but all I see is old gen. That visuals are not even comparable with tons of old generation games. Sad thing is, the first version of C3 was more great than this.

Superb...

qqqfqkn6.png

qqq1pgk14.png

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Super clean, cannot wait to get my hands on this.

Now I have Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Crackdown 3 and between Anthem and Division 2 to contend with. Ooooooof!

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Visual showcase? lolol. Nah.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I think it's more so aimed at the people going "lol, 360 game" or "I can make this in dreams". etc.

SystemBug

Oct 25, 2017
The game would benefit so much from per-object motion blur! I hope they think about patching it in the future

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
There are still people in this thread calling this a last gen game lol. Your trolling is transparent.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Let's all be fair. This game is not going to win any awards for its visuals. But it doesn't look as bad as most people are suggesting it does. There is some middle ground, you know.
Yeah, but thats kinda my point. Because this game has been advertised as a technical showcase early on and because this game comes out in an environment where Xbox's marketing focusses a lot on power (and by extension that means visuals), because of all that the game is faced with unfair expectations towards its visuals. And in return its met with exaggerated negative statements about its visuals, because thats how things work in this day and age apparently, stuff is either great or shit.
Its an average looking game, definitely not showing any AAA production values when it comes to visuals, and thats okay. It would be a non-issue for most games.
But not for Crackdown 3...

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
There are still people in this thread calling this a last gen game lol. Your trolling is transparent.
GTA V and The Last of Us were last gen. Not really seeing anything more impressive than those, particularly in that view of the rooftops screencap a few posts above. The city looks so empty and lifeless.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, but thats kinda my point. Because this game has been advertised as a technical showcase early on and because this game comes out in an environment where Xbox's marketing focusses a lot on power (and by extension that means visuals), because of all that the game is faced with unfair expectations towards its visuals. And in return its met with exaggerated negative statements about its visuals, because thats how things work in this day and age apparently, stuff is either great or shit.
Its an average looking game, definitely not showing any AAA production values when it comes to visuals, and thats okay. It would be a non-issue for most games.
But not for Crackdown 3...

It is a technical showcase though, in it's multiplayer. I've taken a look at Red Faction, and nothing I see compares to the level of free form destruction found in Wrecking Zone.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Take a look at Battlefield Bad Company 2
I just did lol, and it's all prerendered locations and pieces of the walls that blow up. There's nothing dynamic about it at all. Not to mention most of the debris immediately disappears.

This is what you're comparing to Crackdown 3?

Edit: to show, compare this video:

to this (or even the gif): https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/Crackdown-3-Preview-Wrecking-Zone-B-Roll.mp4

UnfitRedFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

Credit to Slicer Dyster.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What are AAA looking visuals? I think people often time get stuck on the fact that not every game has to have a hyper realistic art direction is BOTW not AAA because it doesn't look like Red Dead 2?

Oct 26, 2017

Jesus, hell no. Let's first see the game do 30fps without any issues. Judging by preview footage that seems fine, sadly in this b roll footage judder is clearly visible. But I'm starting to believe I'm the only one seeing it. I'm just a little worried and fuck it I don't want to be worried about that because I look forward a lot to playing around in that city.

It's really disappointing that the single player physics are pared back so much.

You mean how in the previous games enemies would get thrown backwards more when you punched and kicked them? That definitely seems toned down compared to that. The game is crazy, so I would like for baddies to start flying when I kick them.

Excuse my god damn french, but all I see is old gen. That visuals are not even comparable with tons of old generation games. Sad thing is, the first version of C3 was more great than this.

Superb...

qqqfqkn6.png

qqq1pgk14.png

What first version of C3 though?

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
What platform are you playing on?

PC is the largest version. Normal Xbox One is the smallest version.

Windows 10 campaign: 21,73GB.

Don't know how big the multiplayer game will be, but yesterdays test was 4GB.
That's good. That's not to bad. I might just go digital with this then so I can do the multiplayer on PC when I don't have access to live.

Apophis

Nov 6, 2017
Germany
I just did lol, and it's all prerendered locations and pieces of the walls that blow up. There's nothing dynamic about it at all. Not to mention most of the debris immediately disappears.

to this (or even the gif): https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/Crackdown-3-Preview-Wrecking-Zone-B-Roll.mp4

Credit to Slicer Dyster.

The same goes for crackdown. It's nowhere near the first footage and it's impossible to destroy the whole building, foundation can't be destroyed.

Memory Refresh

https://youtu.be/EWANLy9TjRc

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

Superb...

qqqfqkn6.png

qqq1pgk14.png
There's almost no aliasing in those images. Although I wish they used the comic book shader on more than the characters.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
The same goes for crackdown. It's nowhere near the first footage and it's impossible to destroy the whole building, foundation can't be destroyed.

Memory Refresh

You mean the tech demo? Aye, so that's not the final game, that doesn't mean the tech wasn't used. You can still bring entire buildings down, you need to simply aim for the foundations. The very base of the buildings are indestructible, yes.

Also, nice goalpost shifting.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

Credit to Slicer Dyster.

There's nothing else doing what CD3 is :) Wonder if DICE will use the tech for a Bad Company successor

Memory Refresh

What are you talking about? CD3 is no where near scripted as bad company destruction. It's all run in real time via cloud processing. All the debris and pieces react in real time to damage and interact with one another. Nothing like in bad company

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Small detail - have we seen any impact damage from an agent falling in any of the trailers or footage? In the first game when an agent lands from a high fall there is a very satisfying impact crunch on the floor and a texture alpha swap.

Apophis

Nov 6, 2017
Germany
You mean the tech demo? Aye, so that's not the final game, that doesn't mean the tech wasn't used. You can still bring entire buildings down, you need to simply aim for the foundations. The very base of the buildings are indestructible, yes.

Also, nice goalpost shifting.
Pre alpha footage. No tech demo.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Someone on my friends list last night was playing the Crackdown 3 Campaign. I sent him a message to ask how the game was but have not received a reply. Was shocked to see someone already have the game.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looks so clean.

I'm definitely playing Crackdown, but I would hope if there isn't a 4th game MS would still work with Sumo Digital on a game that has this crisp clean, cell shaded aesthetic.