• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Campaign high-quality B-Roll Footage:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/Crackdown-3-Preview-Campaign-B-Roll.mp4
(190 MB; 1080p)

0DK9HEo.gif

The games art style seems to profit a lot from its native 4K resolution (Xbox One X; PC). I think especially the particle effects as well as the vibrant environment look great.

There is also high-bitrate footage available for the multiplayer (Wrecking Zone) featuring lots of destruction:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/Crackdown-3-Preview-Wrecking-Zone-B-Roll.mp4

Last edited:

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
GOTY2019 here we go! I know the game has it's skeptics and naysayers who compare it to other bigger budget AAA-games (which is kinda unfair I think), but the game just looks FUN.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks really "clean" noticed that also last night when playing the MP. This was on X btw.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is not a technical miracle but it also looks very clean and crisp, something I enjoy. Framerate seems smooth enough too. Will be fun to play this next weekend.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Thank you, Influencer! I will make sure to play this on Xbox Game Pass along with a Catalog of 100+ Game Heavy Hitters.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Definitely looks damn crisp. Draw distance is also impressive.
Yeah the style of the game is simplistic, but I don't see how it looks "bad" at all.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Image quality hasn't been my main concern with Crackdown 3, but rather I feel like the city doesn't look exciting to explore. The game seems to be more about facilitating the action rather than facilitating exploration, which is fine, but not my thing. Agents of Mayhem got that same criticism levelled at it, so I wonder what those better informed can tell us about the world of Crackdown 3.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks better when playing it vs. online footage. Technical Test made me more interested in Campaign.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Accusing posters of astroturfing
It really does pop doesn't it! I especially love the night time vibrant colors. Klob did you work on this game at some point? You seem extremely enthusiastic about it.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Man, they need to make a b-roll footage at 4k and let us download it. That 1080p footage looks very clean, would love to see a 4k version of that.

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
Geez I'm going to wake up on the 15th and between this, Anthem, and Apex Legends have a hell of time deciding what to play. First world problems!

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
still sad i can't play as i've moved to playstation. Crackdown 1 & 2 were loads of fun.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
After playing the technical test this kind of footage gets me way more excited, cause I get how it feels to play. Now I hope they didn't mess up the overall game design.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't really say "superb" but looks decent enough

Is the SP supposed to be 30 or 60 fps?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Love the bright colors and the crispness, and it just looks fun to jump around in. Gimme!

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the trailer. Is the old announcer not in it anymore?

Oct 26, 2017
I watched this first on my Surface because I had to download it and man, The IQ indeed is damn good. When I then watched it on my TV it wasn't nearly as crisp but we're talking huge screen size differences here and of course it's not 4K in this video. But the tech test looked great yesterday in SDR on my telly.

The game is not a technical miracle but it also looks very clean and crisp, something I enjoy. Framerate seems smooth enough too. Will be fun to play this next weekend.

But that's the thing. In the preview footage last week all was well in terms of framerate but not here. I clearly see judder when the camera pans over the city, I see the judder at the skyscrapers and it's even much more visible when we see the car. That is far from smooth.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, the game looks really good for all the destruction it's doing with a pretty good image quality, while doing it at 60fps.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh good.

Weird that they don't use him in the launch trailer. I always thought that he was what most people thought of when they thought of Crackdown. The agents were generic player models. The city was a sandbox. The announcer was the only personality the game had.

Its like doing a Halo trailer without Masterchief.

HughJayNus

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 29, 2018
Clearly looks like a 360 game

/s

Don't know how anyone in their right mind was able to genuinely make that claim.