• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Calvin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis
I have had Crackdown 3 pre-ordered on Amazon for a few months now with a release date of 4/2 (a Monday?). I just received an email yesterday from Amazon stating the release date has been changed by the publisher, with a new date of 12/31/2018 which is obviously a placeholder. Was Crackdown 3 ever slated for an April release?

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
Only ever heard it being delayed to 2018. Not even a season at that so I dunno where that April date came from. If they said Spring I missed that.

Also like you said the 2nd is a Monday.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I have had Crackdown 3 pre-ordered on Amazon for a few months now with a release date of 4/2 (a Monday?). I just received an email yesterday from Amazon stating the release date has been changed by the publisher, with a new date of 12/31/2018 which is obviously a placeholder. Was Crackdown 3 ever slated for an April release?
No. It was set for a Spring 2018 release. The previous placeholder date was 3/31 and then was moved to 4/2. According to Microsoft its set to release during Spring by the end of June still.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

I don't think it's ever had a release date. That just sounds like Amazon auto updating their system. I've had game pre-orders on Amazon that have had dates in place well before any release date has every been announced and I was notified every time the Amazon system moved the dates around.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think there was ever an official release date but I wouldn't be surprised if it were to be delayed again.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Only ever heard it being delayed to 2018. Not even a season at that so I dunno where that April date came from.

Also like you said the 2nd is a Monday.
Spring is a season which is what it has been slated for. Microsoft had a promo for "the first half of 2018 exclusives" which included Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 last month.

Ehker

Oct 27, 2017
Shannon Loftis, Microsoft Studios Publishing general manager said "Gamers can expect Crackdown 3 in Spring of 2018."

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Sounds like they just moved it from one placeholder date in the near future to one that is further off. But as it never had a concrete date, that is not a delay per se, more like housekeeping on Amazon's side.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised by Crackdown 3 being delayed again, but Amazon placeholders don't really mean all that much.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
Spring is a season which is what it has been slated for. Microsoft had a promo for "the first half of 2018 exclusives" which included Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 last month.
Ah gotcha.

I thought only Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 were in that for some reason.

tilomite

Oct 27, 2017
If it's still gonna be released in the spring, it should get a release date soon. I feel like it's not gonna make a spring release.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
If it's still gonna be released in the spring, it should get a release date soon. I feel like it's not gonna make a spring release.
This isn't true though. Sea of Thieves release date was announced in December for March and God of War (PS4 exclusive) release date was announced just a couple weeks ago for April. State of Decay 2 is also Spring. So SoD2 and CD3 are probably going to be April and May or May and June.

FUNKNOWN iXi

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They better get it out before Red Dead, I'll tell you that lol.

Crackdown 3 is one of my most highly anticipated titles this gen, so hopefully it delivers.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Im hoping for an end of year release so they had time to completely re work what they showed of single player so far.

This game should look spectacular with its destruction and physics.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I remember that promo. I expected it in the first half of 2018 so if it releases after that then yes, techincally it has been delayed. I don't really care how much time they take, a spring seaon to holiday season push back is ok with me just as long as they put out a good game.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
It hasn't even been rated yet. At this point I think it's going to go Sea of Thieves > State of Decay 2 > Crackdown. Wouldn't be surprised if it moves more into summer to give the other two titles room

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it's just Amazon updating a placeholder, if it is coming out in Spring then I would bet on hearing a date in early March.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
It hasn't even been rated yet. At this point I think it's going to go Sea of Thieves > State of Decay 2 > Crackdown. Wouldn't be surprised if it moves more into summer to give the other two titles room
State of Decay 2 I'm pretty sure was confirmed to be the next game to release. Because Undead Labs pretty much said Microsoft is waiting until after Sea of Thieves hype and promotion is over until they release information.

They didn't EXPLICITLY say that. They actually said "Microsoft isn't letting us release information until later in February." but that's what it means to me.

Along with that, the Game Pass Spring promo showed the exclusives in the order of Sea of Thieves > State of Decay 2 > Crackdown 3.

And Sumo hasn't said anything about Crackdown 3, so I definitely think SoD2 is first.

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I wouldn't be surprise if it got delayed again. After-all MS loves cancelling games years into development, I'm surprised this haven't been cancelled yet.

tilomite

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't true though. Sea of Thieves release date was announced in December for March and God of War (PS4 exclusive) release date was announced just a couple weeks ago for April. State of Decay 2 is also Spring. So SoD2 and CD3 are probably going to be April and May or May and June.

Those games got a release date 3 months before release. There's 4 months until the end of spring, so a release date should come within the next month if the same pattern follows.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
State of Decay 2's placeholder date was also replaced with another placeholder date (at Base, not Amazon). What I'm presuming is we might get the actual release dates soon.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
I can see it being in development hell since it had the poor showing last year. Or maybe delayed to add a Battle Royale or something like that.

Microsoft isn't really good at marketing their games. We've heard very little about State of Decay 2 as well. Wouldn't be surprising if they are both pushed to late 2018.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I can see it being in development hell since it had the poor showing last year. Or maybe delayed to add a Battle Royale or something like that.

Microsoft isn't really good at marketing their games. We've heard very little about State of Decay 2 as well. Wouldn't be surprising if they are both pushed to late 2018.

People said this 2 weeks ago of SoT also. And now its the one of the bigger games being talked about.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
State of Decay 2 I'm pretty sure was confirmed to be the next game to release. Because Undead Labs pretty much said Microsoft is waiting until after Sea of Thieves hype and promotion is over until they release information.

They didn't EXPLICITLY say that. They actually said "Microsoft isn't letting us release information until later in February." but that's what it means to me.

Along with that, the Game Pass Spring promo showed the exclusives in the order of Sea of Thieves > State of Decay 2 > Crackdown 3.

And Sumo hasn't said anything about Crackdown 3, so I definitely think SoD2 is first.
Yep I agree with everything you said. Think it was Greenberg who tweeted an infographic saying Sea of Thieves and SoD2 were coming next to Game Pass

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
With Game Pass now a factor it makes it easier to split the release between SP and MP.

Plenty enough time to spruce up the SP presentation, but that cloud based MP is still a mystery 3-4yrs after its reveal.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
With Game Pass now a factor it makes it easier to split the release between SP and MP.

Plenty enough time to spruce up the SP presentation, but that cloud based MP is still a mystery 3-4yrs after its reveal.

They said that they'd given up on that plan, SP and MP should be releasing simultaneously.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Still blows me away that the game is taking this long to make. It really doesn't look like a big budget game. Seems like something that should have been done in a couple years, not 5.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I expect Sea of Thieves late March and then maybe Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 in late April/May respectively to keep people invested in Game Pass. Feels like Sea of Thieves is the start of a big push for the service. One big game per month would be good to keep people using the service.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Was it Miyamoto that said a delayed is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad?
I hate that they have delayed it so much, but glad they've opted not to outright cancel it and give it the extra attention it needs. Can realistically see this coming in June or around that period.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I expect Sea of Thieves late March and then maybe Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 in late April/May respectively to keep people invested in Game Pass. Feels like Sea of Thieves is the start of a big push for the service. One big game per month would be good to keep people using the service.
As nice as this would be, that isn't going to happen in the near future. Currently Microsoft seems to have 14 games in active development and they've been releasing 5-6 games per year, they'd need to have double the amount of games in development to release a big game every month and even if they did increase their games in development, we wouldn't see the results of this releasing every month thing until like 2020-2021.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing points at delays happening. They pointed out a generic Spring release date, that could even mean early June basically. I figure it won't be in the immediate 30 days after Sea Of Thieves comes out, so people will have to sub to at least two different months if they want to play the games at launch.

Oct 28, 2017
Do you get the feeling that it was ready to go and then the commotion over loot crates may mean there redesigning the game again?

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
People said this 2 weeks ago of SoT also. And now its the one of the bigger games being talked about.

Did they? Sea of Thieves has had alpha/beta running for a very long time now and I've heard nothing but positive impressions about it since last year. And even some gaming shows before that. Even in the press people loved it despite not being able to really talk about it until recently.

Its not really the same situation with Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2. Crackdown 3 has gone completely silent since delay. Like it doesn't exist.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Nothing points at delays happening. They pointed out a generic Spring release date, that could even mean early June basically. I figure it won't be in the immediate 30 days after Sea Of Thieves comes out, so people will have to sub to at least two different months if they want to play the games at launch.
They could do this:
March: Sea of Thieves
Late April/early May: Sea of Thieves
Late May/early June: Crackdown 3
Summer game (a small game, something like an HD remaster of an old game)
September/October: Forza Horizon 4
February 2018: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Unannounced Spring 2018
Unannounced Spring 2018
Unannounced Spring 2018
Unannounced Summer 2018
September 2018: Forza Motorsport 8
October 2018: Halo 6

For November and December, they could make spend their "exclusive first on Xbox One" marketing money on "launch day one on Game Pass" deals for Fall indies and Fall third party games. This would give people a reason to subscribe for the full year?

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I just want them to delay and polish it further. Sea of Thieves is generating a ton of hype so it's not like MS needs a 1st party title asap. Let Sea of Thieves explode and look to release Crackdown Summer/Fall and do everything you can to improve the game. The footage shown so far has been pretty terrible and they've still refused to give us multi footage, which isn't a great sign. I want Crackdown 3 to be great and another solid 1st party title for Xbox.

m23

Oct 25, 2017

Sea of Thieves has a release date of March 20th. I don't think they have enough "big" games to release one per month.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could do this:
March: Sea of Thieves
Late April/early May: Sea of Thieves
Late May/early June: Crackdown 3
Summer game (a small game, something like an HD remaster of an old game)
September/October: Forza Horizon 4
February 2018: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Unannounced Spring 2018
Unannounced Spring 2018
Unannounced Spring 2018
Unannounced Summer 2018
September 2018: Forza Motorsport 8
October 2018: Halo 6

For November and December, they could make spend their "exclusive first on Xbox One" marketing money on "launch day one on Game Pass" deals for Fall indies and Fall third party games. This would give people a reason to subscribe for the full year?

Yeah, obviously they won't have a triple-A first party game to release every 4-5 weeks, so I figure there'll be fillers for each month. But the options are plenty. They can be past Microsoft titles (including Forza Horizon 3 with the DLCs could basically constitute a new game for many), third party titles that aren't too old, even some much awaited backwards compatible title - say, not only MW2 becomes backwards compatible, but it'll be free for Game Pass users. There's a lot of ways to fill holes, just as February showed too: no new release since that program isn't live yet, but they had Halo Wars 2 which I bet was a "new game" for a lot of people subbed. It sure was for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.