• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty bad, IMO. Looks so much like the first one that if you told me it was a remaster I would believe you. Animations suck, it retains the awful lock on aiming, there is limited to no destruction present in the video, and overall this just feels like a low budget jankfest
Lock On Aiming is what made CD unique. It is more of a platformer than a shooter.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Look better than i expected, but i wasnt expecting too much anyway. Will definitely try on Gamepass.

MP looks like dog doo and i probably wont give it a chance.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fine to me. You can even watch it on 4K on the player.

Just reloaded it and put it at 4K again and it looks better. I'm not sure what happened the first time I watched it, it seems like it failed to load the 4K stream even though the little red 4K button was on.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
This game just doesn't pass the eye test for me. It's one of those games I want to like, and want to give a pass, but the footage pushed out for consumer consumption does little to help me along in that process...

Interestingly it was one the the reasons the first game got a demo, they said it didn't screenshot well. Everyone who played the demo became hooked, so it worked!

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Looks pretty bad, IMO. Looks so much like the first one that if you told me it was a remaster I would believe you. Animations suck, it retains the awful lock on aiming, there is limited to no destruction present in the video, and overall this just feels like a low budget jankfest.

The jet pack is cool though.
It's going to be an absolute blast to play.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I loved the first one, so if it actually plays better than it demos in video form, I'll pick it up. The world states vs hero save is awesome for co op as well.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Even though I know this thread is about to go to shit, I will say (before it does) that this looks really, really good! Bring on Feb!

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I recommend watching the video in 4K.

The game looks incredibly crisp. You can definitely tell art style massively profits from the native 4K + anti-aliasing solution rendering.

Also, nice to see some ReCore influence in the game. That's Staten :)

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty rough. However, I am rooting for this game. I hope it ends up being really good.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I really liked what I just saw. I was one of the most vocal negative negative people when they last showed single player in 2017. This looks much better. Fun gamey game. Nothing else like it out there right now.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
that looks at least serviceable. should be a fun game to explore and platform for orbs t the very least, and hey! its on gamepass!

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looks ok at best. I'll give it a shot with the gamepass. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother. Gameplay and animations looks rough and outdated especially considering the development time.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I recommend watching the video in 4K.

The game looks incredibly crisp. You can definitely tell art style massively profits from the native 4K + anti-aliasing solution rendering.
Klob you were right, the game looks very much improved. I'm glad it's on game pass too..the mp should benefit from that..will definitely have a huge community.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I loved the first two games, had a lot of fun in multiplayer , I've got another 18 months left on my GP subscription so really looking forward to this.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
1,000 Orbs like I teased a few weeks ago. Better level up your platform and hunting skills! ;)

bildschirmfoto2018-12gyfcp.png

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Crackdown was always a better platformer than action game to me. That black hole gun should make the action sandbox more fun. Agree that characters and objects don't have much weight and that's my biggest complain but it'll still be fun. I'm happy overall with how it turned out vs what I thought in 2017.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
That achievement is going to be a pain haha. I never got it in Crackdown 1 because there was one orb I just couldn't find.

I am literally at that same point. It's extremely frustrating

I would hope they would have something you can get later in the game that shows a location or proximity on the map to an orb rather than just running around listening for the orb sound.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
why would i want to have different saves with different worlds? i can understand a new game plus but playing for 3 hours then restarting isn't something I'd see myself doing.

When you finished the first game, you were able to revive the enemies, and play through it again with your upgraded Agent (as otherwise there would be no enemies left in the world). This is an extension of that.

Also, nice to see some ReCore influence in the game. That's Staten :)

Yes! It really brought back both Crackdown and ReCore memories, which makes me very happy indeed.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I've been up and down on this game since it was first announced, but I've been on the up for a while because it's looking pretty fun! Looks like Crackdown. And I liked Crackdown.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy. It's sounds like a great improvement over the campaigns of the previous games.

Can't wait