• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 26, 2018
Everyone is talking about how fun Crackdown will be. What exactly looks fun on that footage?
Movement looks awkward
Shooting looks even worse

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know what specifically you're referring to in my post, but I think the general sentiment is that this simply looks like more Crackdown with better visuals, not necessarily a next-gen Crackdown with impressive overhauled animations, gameplay complexity or sophistication, polish etc. That said, it's difficult to judge a game based on such a limited window of gameplay, so who knows.
I feel the same. Crackdown was a very fun game but I hope the mission design is better and more modern this time around.

But to be completely honest, I have no idea what missions are like in this game.

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like more Crackdown 1 and less Crackdown 2. Also I can't believe some folks think this looks like any kind of remaster. Visuals look amazing. Can't wait!!

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
ITS CALLED CRACKDOWN 3

why are people expecting something other than crackdown?

stop being so negative

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Everyone is talking about how fun Crackdown will be. What exactly looks fun on that footage?
Movement looks awkward
Crackdown 1 is still fun to play. I just played it when it was given away for free. Beat the whole game and maxed out on all stats but driving. I had an absolute blast with that.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
"looks bad"
"last gen remaster"
and Sumo "not rated much"
OK....
Have we had a lazy devs comment yet?

(game looks great fun, and the graphics are nice and bold, and well, Crackdown-ish)

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

Amazing. thanks for posting the youtube link.

It really needs a touching story about the struggles of fatherhood. Otherwise I really don't see the point in all this jumping around murdering things.
Lol

"looks bad"
"last gen remaster"
and Sumo "not rated much"
OK....
Have we had a lazy devs comment yet?

(game looks great fun, and the graphics are nice and bold, and well, Crackdown-ish)
Lmao... this.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It looks fine and much like Crackdown but I'm not excited for it, recently went back to playing the first one and while it's fun, I just feel I've still got my fill. Wait and see what reception is like, maybe the co-op and sandbox hijinks will get me excited after launch.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't look good...

Looks like this and Days Gone are competing for the worst looking games of 2019 award.

Oct 26, 2017
This looks a lot better than the 2017 footage, somebody make a comparison gif to really show it :)

Hope next time we get to see the city a little more, where I expect we'll see pedestrians and vehicles driving around.

Oct 26, 2017
Movement looks awkward

Those are rather strong words, but I do admit that the movement and shooting hasn't looked exactly right ever since the first real showing of the game. I played the first game not so long ago and running around and shooting still feels fine and this definitely looks different to me. Maybe it's how close the camera zooms in when you aim at folks, don't think this happens in the first game?

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
It certainly doesn't have the animations and incredible polish of some AAA action games, but the main thing to me is that Crackdown 3 properly captures the joy and feel of playing a Crackdown game. Based on this footage, it does so. I'm not sure I'd pay $90 (Canadian) for this, but thankfully with Game Pass I don't need to make that decision.

I don't need an epic story line with life changing circumstances. I don't need a hundred in depth systems of mechanics. All I need is to jump around rooftops collecting orbs, and throwing cars at groups of thugs. Crackdown 3 seems like it's going to deliver that.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Huge improvement from previous single player showings. What they showed of the PvP at X018 looked good too though so I'm glad the single player is reflecting that.

The jump height, movement speed and general flow of gameplay looks slow but I'm pretty sure this is because of how under levelled the agent is. He doesn't have a huge amount of orbs yet to level up and become stronger and more agile. I think they'll show us some more gameplay in the new year focusing on a higher levelled agent with high jumps, stronger melees and crazy guns. One thing this gameplay also didn't showcase is vehicles. They're a huge part in Crackdown. They evolve and transform as you level up, almost transformer like. I can see them doing some crazy shit with vehicles, maybe a mech or flying vehicle that becomes more badass as you level up; along with the fast cars and jeeps we saw in the previous games - Agency vehicles are so coo imo.

While I think some of the criticism is fair and valid here, I'm interested to see if the same people levy graphical criticism towards Borderlands 3 when that's revealed in the next few months because that game is taking a similar comic book/cel shaded approach which generally means lower poly models with higher detail textures. However, we may see a more stylized approach in general in Borderlands 3 which merges its art style more so than Crackdown 3 which has some fairly realistic elements in its cel shaded world such as its approach to lighting and human character models.

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.
Finally that soap-opera with Crackdown 3 releasing will be ended. Hopefully the game will be reviewed and scored nicely and much better than Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 at launch and there won't be any problems later (like bugs, glitches, lack of content, other technical things).

I'm considering even buy of physical version on day one.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I've never played Crackdown before, those skyscrapers in the background can you scale them early on? Do you platform your way up or how does it work?

You probably won't be able to scale them early on. Unlike in many modern games, in Crackdown you don't just hold the left stick and watch your character scale the walls and do other cool shit. Crackdown is old-school in the best sense, you have to earn feeling like a superhero.

So to climb buildings you need to find your way up, and for taller buildings that means figuring out a series of ledges and other platforms that will take you to higher levels. If your agility level is too low, you won't be able to make some jumps that would take you higher. Your primary (but not the only) way of raising the agility level is by collecting agility orbs which are placed in various places all over the world, some in harder to reach spots than others. Only when your agility level is high enough can you scale the tallest buildings, and get on top of the lower structures in a single leap.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at people expecting RTX On graphics.

I think it looks way better than previously shown videos. That one gif on the first page looks amazing. Hell yeah I'm in.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Looks fun but in a solid 7-8 score range. It does look like a weird mismash of current and previous gen though, the movement really looks like it's from a 360 game. I'm definitely down to be surprised though.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Wheres the destruction... I thought it was just removed from multiplayer, is it totally gone now?

Without that, I feel like we've already seen the end point of this style of game with the insanity of Saints Row 4.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
What does this even mean?

It really needs a touching story about the struggles of fatherhood. Otherwise I really don't see the point in all this jumping around murdering things.

You know like TLOU2 looks like a last gen remaster, or Forza Horizon 4 looks like a last gen remaster, or even BFV looks like a last gen remaster. You know remasters!

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Wheres the destruction... I thought it was just removed from multiplayer, is it totally gone now?

Without that, I feel like we've already seen the end point of this style of game with the insanity of Saints Row 4.
The destruction is only in the multiplayer pvp mode.

They confirmed early on that the campaign would be a traditional Crackdown experience.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

It's not removed from the multiplayer, and it was never supposed to be in the single player.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Eeeeee cant wait!
I know exactly how its gunna play and seeing this new footage just makes me so excited for it.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Personally I don't care about the destruction, I just want the the game to be fun. What I've seen of the multilayer looks kinda rough so I'm all for a traditional crackdown campaign.

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
I think the game is gonna suffer from State of Decay2 syndrome. People will bitch that the game isn't pushing tech. When all in all, the game is truly the next evolution in a series.

Looks fun, but gotta see more, for me

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
That achievement is going to be a pain haha. I never got it in Crackdown 1 because there was one orb I just couldn't find.
This was my last Orb!
xl6RizH.jpg

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the visuals but the gameplay + animations looks really bad

Shooting looks like a disaster