• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
I've never played Crackdown before, those skyscrapers in the background can you scale them early on? Do you platform your way up or how does it work?

Game looks like a lot of fun, I hope the co-op is good that's going to be the reason I buy it

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played Crackdown before, those skyscrapers in the background can you scale them early on? Do you platform your way up or how does it work?

Game looks like a lot of fun, I hope the co-op is good that's going to be the reason I buy it
You can climb on anything. The only issue you may have is jumping from skyscraper to skyscraper because your agility may be too low to make the jump

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're the only one that has lied about me. You might find the last gen comment hyperbolic and I won't argue against your opinion but that's how I felt after watching the video.

Agents of Mayhem looks better.

Normally I don't buy into this kind of thing, but I kind of agree with you here. That is, if you're saying "remaster" in the sense that Spyro and Crash were remastered. Seems like folks believe you meant that CD3 looks the same as the 360 games visually.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Normally how Crackdown works is that you can agility from orbs that are around that help you jump higher etc. As you level up, you bound up buildings easily! its to show how much better you get from collecting orbs and becoming a Super Hero.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! Much much better looking and more active city. My only complain looks solved now. And more neon!

Also that UI and menus are good looking. Really happy that wait is almost over.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

Yea, I bet you can reach those skyscrapers. In the previous games, you could go anywhere. The first game was so much fun too and they seem to be aiming for that and with a much better story.
People who played the previous games know what CD is all about.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a good extension of the original, and I am more than OK with that.

Being on Game pass makes it a no brainer.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
I can't wait to play this! I remember seeing the first Crackdown and thinking... meh. Like most people I only bought it for the Halo 2 beta. So glad I did though because I uncovered a gem of a game. From what I've seen of 3 so far, I know I am going to love this. Must collect orbs!

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Looks fun. I loved Coop in CD1. If they nail the progression like CD1 I will give this a lot of my time. There is nothing better than the feeling as you become superhuman!

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
If they don't have Terry Crews saying POWER!!!! when he levels up abilities then I will be canceling my Game Pass subscription.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I don't really care about the combat. I just hope there's some awesome jumping and climbing enviromets to get up.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
User Banned (3 Days): Personal attacks against another member and stirring off-site drama; history of similar infractions
This is what klobrille has been doing free PR work on twitter for? Lmao

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
Keep forgetting that people want Crackdown to be some third person cinematic experience, which it has never been.

This literally looks like more Crackdown, which is a very good thing.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
The movement looks... weird. I don't know, maybe it's because I've played too much Saints Row 4, but this looks like "less-everything" version of SR4 :P

Still, happy to check it out thanks to GP.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty good. Not 5 years worth of development good, but still.. fun.
Bring on February!

And yes, I'm one of those strange folk that wanted Crackdown to get a top notch cinematic campaign, instead we got more Crackdown explosive fun! I quite like the characters they have, very detailed.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Keep forgetting that people want Crackdown to be some third person cinematic experience, which it has never been.

This literally looks like more Crackdown, which is a very good thing.

I don't think that's what people necessarily want, I think they just want it to have more semblances of modern gameplay DNA or refinement, eg more realistic or polished animations, enemy AI and physics, combat and arena design, better diversity in missions or mission structure (this could still be the case in the final release) and so on. More of the same isn't necessarily ideal either, especially when the first released over a decade ago, and the last wasn't particularly well received. It shouldn't really be just more of the same, it should be much better.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I don't think that's what people necessarily want, I think they just want it to have more semblances of modern gameplay DNA or refinement, eg more realistic or polished animations, enemy AI and physics, combat and arena design, better diversity in missions or mission structure (this could still be the case in the final release) and so on. More of the same isn't necessarily ideal either, especially when the first released over a decade ago, and the last wasn't particularly well received. It shouldn't really be just more of the same, it should be much better.

Which this looks to be.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Not to sound overly negative but this game still seems really underwhelming to me. I've got Game Pass so I'll be giving it a crack regardless but I don't have high hopes for this one.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
That a big improvement and I love that canyon area. Still not sure if I should use my $30 credit on Gamepass or just buy this directly though. I still play Crackdown 1 every now and then so I know I want this permanently.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Which this looks to be.

I don't know what specifically you're referring to in my post, but I think the general sentiment is that this simply looks like more Crackdown with better visuals, not necessarily a next-gen Crackdown with impressive overhauled animations, gameplay complexity or sophistication, polish etc. That said, it's difficult to judge a game based on such a limited window of gameplay, so who knows.