• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
info-0j3j55.png

3ZJ2qYE.gif

info-19uj15.jpg

game-passclkbf.jpg

win10-versiongrjb3.jpg

header-trailersnmk47.png

Crackdown 3 Launch Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EabmcTVL2k

Crackdown 3 Opening Cinematic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=641zuyGA3xM

Everything You Need to Know About Crackdown 3 with Joseph Staten
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HUt7mqz9-0

X018 - Crackdown 3 Wrecking Zone Gameplay Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90bS4Ngjgcs

E3 2017 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_9fG8hPCi0

E3 2018 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC4oty9jnMU

header-screenshots1qj16.png

08.02.2019_20-09-03-aw6kol.jpg

09.02.2019_01-31-50-vy8jmo.jpg

cd3-111jjma.jpg

09.02.2019_01-31-04-zpuk5c.jpg

info-bc6ekc6.jpg

header-faqhzjq5.png

When does Crackdown 3 release?
Crackdown 3 releases globally on February 15th on Xbox One and Windows 10.

Is it Xbox One X Enhanced?
The Xbox One X version runs at native 4K resolution alongside higher-quality effects.

How big is the game?
On Windows 10:
Wrecking Zone - 4,05 GB
Campaign - 21,7 GB

Does the Windows 10 version support unlocked framerates?
Yes.

Can I play this game in co-op?
Yes. Campaign supports full co-op, including cross-play between Xbox One and Windows 10.
Matchmaking with friends for Wrecking Zone is coming in an upcoming update.

Can you only play as Terry Crews?
No. Terry Crews aka Jaxxon is one of the agents you can choose in Crackdown 3. You can unlock a lot more agents with different abilities and level-up curves by finding their DNA Orbs in the open-world.

How does your character progress in campaign?
The system is called "Skills for kills". There are multiple categories you can level up during your play through.

1. Agility - Collect all the Orbs in the world using platforming gameplay.
2. Firearms - Kill enemies using standard weapons
3. Strenght - Kill enemies using melee combat or ground-pound.
4. Explosions - Kill enemies with explosions or explosive weaponry.
5. Driving - Drive with style or kill enemies with vehicles.

You can level up each category. Reaching a new level in each category will grant you more mobility or new skills. Every time you gain XP for the categories, small orbs flying towards your character will give you feedback about your achieved progress. The game feels like a completely different experience if you comparing a level 5 agent to a level 6 agent.

Does your character progress visually, too?
In Crackdown 3, your body armor visually transforms with you the stronger you become. The more progress you make within the "Skills for Kills" system the more advanced you look.

What makes Crackdown so unique?
Orbs. Freedom. Fun.

CD3 isn't a game about narrative or cinematic storytelling. The game doesn't ignore your input just because it needs to wait for an animation. It puts fun and the player above everything else. Crackdown 3 is a bit like Super Mario - just with guns and explosions.

How big is the open-world?
The city in Crackdown 3 is pretty big. Not only is it over twice the size of the original Crackdown, on top it features 1,000 orbs for you to find. And since verticality is key in Crackdown, the highest tower touches the sky at 1.2 km height.

I heard this game features destruction?
Wrecking Zone features completely destructible arenas using Microsoft Azure off-load calculations for competitive multiplayer matches. The campaign can be played offline and thus does not support cloud-powered destruction physics. The campaign however still includes a fair amount of destruction, focusing on both props and big explosions.

Which engine is this game running on?
The campaign runs on Unreal Engine 4. The exact engine of Wrecking Zone is unknown at the time of writing this.

Who developed Crackdown 3?
The campaign always was in the hands of Sumo Digital.
Wrecking Zone had multiple studios behind it. Front and center for the version you are playing today is Elbow Rocket and Certain Affinity. There were multiple other, smaller studios involved during the development process, as an example Sequence developed the comic intro graphics for the boss fights in campaign.

Quack, Quack, Motherducker?
The game makes some funny use of ducks throughout the game to highlight that it doesn't take itself too seriously and it's all about the fun. There are billboards in the game featuring the "QUACK, QUACK, MOTHERDUCKER" slogan as well as a weapon that shoots explosive ducks etc.

LegalGivingHyrax.gif

An Original Official Thread by Klobrille

Last edited:

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who skipped both 1 and 2, I am excited to give this a shot on Game Pass. Looks like a fun time.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nice OT. I hope the game is good - sounds like it is!

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if there are any tricks to finding the orbs this time around? Like purchasing an orb map in-game or as DLC, or a radar button or something like that. I need to catch 'em all but I'm not sure I have it in me to track them down via maps found on True Achievements and such these days.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm buzzing. Been waiting on revisiting Crackdown since 2007. Let's pretend that sequel never existed. I'm hyyyyyped! Enjoyed what I played of Wrecking Zone.

ShrtAttnGmr

Feb 7, 2019
I thought I read that reviews were to be released 4 days prior to the game. Did that change or was that inaccurate information ?

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
No reviews yet?

I'm really hyped about the game since I loved the first crackdown, but I'm curious about how it will review.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I have fluctuated between HYPE and WHY IS THIS BEING MADE but you know what? Game Pass makes it all irrelevant and I'll be checking it out for sure. I love a good destruction game and I hope it makes my concerns go away.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Very optimistic after having played the MP test. Just traversing the city will be lots of fun I think. I hope they also have good mission/encounter design.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Klobrille with the amazing OP banners again. Great stuff.

Got a lot of games to complete before Crackdown 3, but I'm looking forward to playing it when I get to it.