• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm aware. They could buy it though, like Gears.
Not sure they are interested in buying an IP that didn't do well the first time around. Gears at least they knew was worth buying. Insomniac probably wouldn't sell it anyway as their whole reason for making it with Microsoft was so that they could own the IP.

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone here actually carry grenades? Ever since I discovered the infinite throwable air launcher thing I've seen no reason to carry anything else. Traversal with this is so good! Not having grenades is a worthy trade.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
I really love this game! Only just started but it's exactly how I remember the first game and that's a good thing. No fetch quests, no crafting, no IAP, no complicated systems, no bloat, PURE FUN!

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Someone can correct me ignore I'm wrong but yeah I think to get max you have to get every orb. At least that's what it seems like based on my progress. Likely the rooftop challenges play a role as well.
Don't some of the agents give you 10% extra agility XP? I imagine you wouldn't need to get all of them if you use one of them but I don't actually know. The hidden orbs give you extra agility xp too. Seems a bit weird if you actually need to get all of them.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Played about an hour earlier and was really enjoying it. FWIW I only played the demo for the first Crackdown before this. I will probably finish the campaign.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Don't some of the agents give you 10% extra agility XP? I imagine you wouldn't need to get all of them if you use one of them but I don't actually know. The hidden orbs give you extra agility xp too. Seems a bit weird if you actually need to get all of them.

Then I'm probably wrong and you just need a large amount of them lol

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here actually carry grenades? Ever since I discovered the infinite throwable air launcher thing I've seen no reason to carry anything else. Traversal with this is so good! Not having grenades is a worthy trade.

I haven't carried any gadgets at all yet. I'll feel naked without grenades, but I'm itching to try the air launcher out..

I wish I didn't have to choose.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
After 16 hours, I never would have thought that I would like a Crackdown game this much. Super happy that they brought this franchise back and hopefully the series doesn't end at 3.

Soundtrack was super good, one track that definitely stuck out was this one:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm aware. They could buy it though, like Gears.

If insomniac wanted to sell it.

The whole point of their relationship with MS was that Sony's publishing policy left them with nothing of their own , a common setup with publishers. Insomniac got to keep the IP for SO

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Played for a couple of hours, thanks to GamePass. It's decent. It's fun to play, sure, but damn, this is an empty open world.
I think that's kinda what I like about it. It has this weird lonely sci-fi feel to it. Something about the towering structures and empty world is appealing. Beyond that, in most games, crowds tend to make the gameplay experience worse for me, not better.

It adds to atmosphere in certain games but usually just gets in the way.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
If insomniac wanted to sell it.

The whole point of their relationship with MS was that Sony's publishing policy left them with nothing of their own , a common setup with publishers. Insomniac got to keep the IP for SO
Yeah, but considering nothing is being done with the IP anyway, why not sell.

Anyway, like ReCore and Sunset, I think there's potential to do more with Crackdown. Hopefully one day.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's kinda what I like about it. It has this weird lonely sci-fi feel to it. Something about the towering structures and empty world is appealing. Beyond that, in most games, crowds tend to make the gameplay experience worse for me, not better.

It adds to atmosphere in certain games but usually just gets in the way.

I honestly don't know what people would want to fill the world with.

I came for the platforming, the enemies, and shit to throw. There's never any shortage of that, in my
Played for a couple of hours, thanks to GamePass. It's decent. It's fun to play, sure, but damn, this is an empty open world.

What would you like to see the world "filled" with?

Are you referring to the size of crowds and traffic?

painey

Oct 27, 2017
signed up for the 2 months of Gamepass for $2 just to play this, and the reviews were not wrong. It really is the sequel Crackdown 2 should have been. It's one of those games you can play without audio, just mute the TV and put it on while you listen to some music or something.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Holy shit summoning the car leads to some funny moments.
A few times ive been run over by it knocking me off the sides of roads to down below, a few times its driven straight past and rotated in circles on the path below. Its got a mind of its own that thing haha.

Oct 27, 2017
I finished quarry section and mech boss fight. I found it pretty enjoyable and had me jumping and shooting at a frantic pace.

I watched the quick look yesterday and Jeff kinda misrepresented this section as a whole. It wasn't tedious at all and all the drills were located in the same vicinity. The whole thing took maybe 10 minutes and wasn't a boring slog at all.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I honestly don't know what people would want to fill the world with.

I came for the platforming, the enemies, and shit to throw. There's never any shortage of that, in my

What would you like to see the world "filled" with?

Are you referring to the size of crowds and traffic?
It's eerily quiet, like there's no noise. It's kind of strange. It's not like I am making this up.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It does get repetitive the more you play and it is quite uneven, but I'm still enjoying it a lot. Will be sad if it doesn't do well enough to continue the series.

I use the incendiary grenades all the time. I often get close to running out of ammunition, so don't feel comfortable leaving the grenades behind. Almost wish there was a seperate equipment slot dedicated to gadgets.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
It's eerily quiet, like there's no noise. It's kind of strange. It's not like I am making this up.

I'm not saying your or anyone else is making it up. I'm just wondering what you'd like the void to be filled with to improve the game. Background music? More ambient noise? More npcs? More traffic?

I personally would like more traffic... It would make for bigger explosions.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
After the awful first impression I gave the game one hour and...I'm having fun?
I am mostly running around and collecting agility orbs but the platforming is good and the more powerful weapons are fun.
Also like the city and the sense of scale.

It's super janky though.
It's a shame because with better animation, feedback, polish and a better presentation this could have been something special.

I don't think it needs more people filling the streets. Sound effects are really weird though, I hear people screaming and sobbing all the time for no apparent reason.

Edit: feels a bit like sunset overdrive but that's one game I could never bring myself to like.

Last edited:

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
things I want for post-release updates: hero's journey tracking (I bet everyone's routes are all hilarious), and weight/gravity modifier of some sort, and just more areas and orbs!

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
This game is a ton of fun and only gets better the more you play it. The traversal is so much fun to pull off.

Nearly done with the campaign and the reviews are very wrong imo. The game isn't earth shattering, but it's great arcadey fun

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
This game is a ton of fun and only gets better the more you play it. The traversal is so much fun to pull off.

Nearly done with the campaign and the reviews are very wrong imo. The game isn't earth shattering, but it's great arcadey fun
To be fair, it's hard to recommend at $60. But it will be a game that comes up in "missed Xbox for a whole gen, what games should I catch up on?" conversations. (A lot of Xbox exclusives recently are like that)

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Playing in coop with my wife and this game is a ton of fun. It is really nice to just collect orbs and allow them to lead you to your next objective.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Something that really stood out to me is the dialogue. It can be funny at times, but damn, there's a ton of swearing. It almost feels out of place, like I'm in Bulletstorm (ok maybe not that bad)

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, it's hard to recommend at $60. But it will be a game that comes up in "missed Xbox for a whole gen, what games should I catch up on?" conversations. (A lot of Xbox exclusives recently are like that)
Yeah that's fair. I don't think I'd recommend even the biggest Crackdown fan to spend $60 on this. $40 and it seems like a pretty good deal, but with Gamepass at $10 a month it just doesn't make sense for any Xbox One owner to not give the game a fair shot.

That's like two coffees at Starbucks that someone's going to shit out later that day lol

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Can you unlock orb locations on the map at some point?

Also, is there really no way to change your agents color in single player? On the agent select screen, I don't know if it's the lightning, but they appear to have a black varient of the suit that I would much prefer to wear

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Played co-op with my daughter for about 3 hours. We had a blast. Love the weapons and traversal. Grabbing orbs is as fun as ever.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
The first few hours can be a little rough in this game and can see if putting people off, once you level shit up it becomes a really fun game with a excellent combat flow. I'm glad games like this are still being made, it's a nice change of pace from all the story driven games I've played lately.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
is it confirmed that you need all agility orbs to max out agility? if so, im not even gonna bother searching for them anymore. im at level 5 and no way am i hunting for every single orb.

stillwrapped

Banned
Aug 15, 2018
??
After 16 hours, I never would have thought that I would like a Crackdown game this much. Super happy that they brought this franchise back and hopefully the series doesn't end at 3.

Soundtrack was super good, one track that definitely stuck out was this one:

Yea right from the get go, I was surprised how good the music is in this game. It honestly might be its best feature haha (I love the game too)

Jun 10, 2018
Has anyone else experienced the bug where the audio cuts out completely during gameplay? It was weird, I was in the middle of taking out the Forge Hammers in Kahn's Scar when the audio completely cut out. I think it happened in the middle of a big explosion point blank on an enemy. But the audio comes back when you Press Start or go to the Map and then cuts back out during gameplay. Backing out to the Main Menu and reloading didn't solve it. I had to physically quit the game and reload it. Quite odd.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Guys I need help. I'm on the Ashwood Marina defense turret and it's telling me to power it up. I need to find a couple of batteries somewhere. Any ideas?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already at the final boss. Man, I marathon'd through this thing hardcore this weekend. Still having a blast. Combat is really fun towards the end game when you're all souped up. I hope more people give the game a fair shake.

I do have to say that the game is much better on PC, in my opinion. Playing at 60fps feels soooo much better. I tried playing a little on XBX and while the HDR was nice, the framerate killed it for me.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I'm having such a blast with the game, it's exactly what it needs to be to be perfect. People talk about Xbox not having any games, but if you like crazy open world playgrounds like I do, this gen this is the console to own. As for Crackdown in particular, I really love the controls and platforming. The combat is good enough, although I wish the ground pound was more like the Halo 5 one. The only thing I really don't like is the driving, it feels like the car is glued to anything you crash against, and the design of the vehicles, unlike the world, seems too plain.

Quick question by the way: how do you get the car to stick to buildings to wallrun?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I need help. I'm on the Ashwood Marina defense turret and it's telling me to power it up. I need to find a couple of batteries somewhere. Any ideas?

There are rectangular metal boxes with tanks in them that don't look like batteries, but they are. You pick one up, run up to the electrified thingy and hold LB to place it in.