• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Enjoying it but damn this game has the "NPCs say the same shit over and over again" disease really bad.
Yeah I'm getting close to that sweet point when you give up, turn down dialogue and music and play with your own music.

I really miss the soundtrack from the original, it had lots of personality with the kind of bands that you never expect to hear in a videogame. I actually wonder if they'd have put some of the songs in Spanish in the game if they had understood the lyrics lol

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it ok to like this game yet? I booted it up last night and I see what people mean about the graphics. They are plain and smooth but the colors are vibrant and bright. It's actually a really nice looking game.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
The way the game encourages you to move around really reminds me of Super Mario Odyssey. It's more limited than Odyssey of course, but the thrusters are such a cool mechanic. I love seeing an orb in the distance and gauging my jump and using my thrusters to save my ass when I inevitably jump just short, it reminds me of New Donk City.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Pretty much almost finished up the main game. I dug it for the most part. Explosive weapons+melee got me through most of it. That Anubis wrecks shit. Got about halfway to level six in everything but driving. Don't think I ever drove once the entire game.

I will say though. Those final few 'boss' encounters. Not good.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw Terry Crews hip thrusting on a wall.

0wTqH9g.png

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
ok I am DONE and never doing the rooftop race Fastest Way Down ever again! I must have played this for over an hour trying to get gold, and it took every fiber of my being to not scream at the TV. The Ground Pound ability is so damn unreliable in accuracy, it drove me crazy.

Here's how I did it, if anyone is interested.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
ok I am DONE and never doing the rooftop race Fastest Way Down ever again! I must have played this for over an hour trying to get gold, and it took every fiber of my being to not scream at the TV. The Ground Pound ability is so damn unreliable in accuracy, it drove me crazy.

Here's how I did it, if anyone is interested.

Yeah, the ground pound sucks, I was expecting it to be like Halo 5 but OPed, but it's only useful to survive long falls. Other than that, it's usually better to just shoot a rocket.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Wrecking zone is pretty fun, they should spin that off into something

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the ground pound sucks, I was expecting it to be like Halo 5 but OPed, but it's only useful to survive long falls. Other than that, it's usually better to just shoot a rocket.

Ground pound is super helpful for clearing out groups. It has a larger range than a rocket and at Strength 5, it's an instant-kill on 90% of enemies.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Ground pound is super helpful for clearing out groups. It has a larger range than a rocket and at Strength 5, it's an instant-kill on 90% of enemies.
My problem is not the power but the implementation, it's really difficult to aim and the agent never lands exactly where you want/expect. Unless I'm doing something wrong of course.

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the main game and I'm only 11 achievements missing.
Not sure if I'll do the street races, I hated them in CD1, but I'll try.
The rooftop races were pretty easy to me.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
So anyone else walking around outside in the real world and looking at buildings working out if I can jump high enough to reach roofs...

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
The way the game encourages you to move around really reminds me of Super Mario Odyssey. It's more limited than Odyssey of course, but the thrusters are such a cool mechanic. I love seeing an orb in the distance and gauging my jump and using my thrusters to save my ass when I inevitably jump just short, it reminds me of New Donk City.

This is why the game is underrated. Its fun to explore and level up and then being able to jump higher and higher

Way underrated game IMO. People would look at scores of crackdown and RDR2 and deduce 1 is terrible and 1 a masterpiece. In terms of pure gameplay crackdown is far far better IMO. Thats not to say RDR2 is a bad game, just annoying that it gets so many 10/10 scores with issues that are glossed over by reviewers because it has nice production values (because of gameplay I'd score it lower than 10, for me personally a 7/10 but I dont have time to put up with all the slow mechanices like looting animations, poor fast travel options and the sheer length of the game isnt accompanied with appropriately interesting and fun mechanics.The controls are terrible in combat slow and sluggish. Its still a great game, looks gorgeous and Arthur is awesome and I get why for some people its a 10 but every review seem to gloss over the flaws)

I also think there is a lot of innovation over crackdown 1 since its like playing an RPG like borderlands 2 what with status effects caused by weapons and numbers showing damage which is really cool (can see how effective your different attacks are)

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think the traversal really clicks until you get the 2nd thruster. It seems like the majority of the environment was built around you being able to husp and boost that far.

Got to say I am absolutely loving the game so far. I'm 3 areas away from the centre and I love the way they set it up. You can jump to the centre pretty early or you can whittle down the defences and snake round. The bolt rifle is so overpowered and can shoot massive distances.

I'm clearing all the checkpoints before moving on to the next section but don't know if I'll go back round to pick up the orbs. The hidden ones go against the ethos of the games ie jumping higher and higher and moving around the world in the air, rather than on the ground. We're they introduced in 2?

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
To be fair, it's hard to recommend at $60.

But it's not a game you need to recommend at $60, you can play it for a lot less, on both Xbox One and on PC (and even both at the same time with just a single subscription).

Although I don't agree with that notion at all. I've been hearing that a lot lately, but this is a game I would recommend at $60 without hesitation (to a certain kind of gamer, of course). It's a lot of fun, it's already given me so many wonderful moments, and I'm nowhere near done with it, without even mentioning co-op or Wrecking Zone, which I quite liked during the Insider testing. At the end of the day, it's very enjoyable, and if that doesn't deserve recommendation, I honestly don't know what does.

Oct 28, 2017
Must

Have

More

Orbzzz
It's really weird how Crackdown has always been the open world game that made its millions of collectibles a fun core gameplay loop and satisfying. All these open world games later and the collectibles are groan worthy for whatever reason. Crackdown comes along again and it's yay orbs to collect! I can't pinpoint exactly why orbs are so satisfying in Crackdown, but they are.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I just learned that if you press Y while in the Agency car, it will eject you straight out the roof, 50 feet into the air, gunz Smoking.

Last edited:

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

There is a time and a place to voice your complaints to Phil Spencer. Perhaps when he is saying something thoughtful about a recently passed coworker is not one of them.

/facepalm

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop playing this. It might be repetetive, but it's also really good. It kinda reminds me of Gravity Rush in as much that it's more than the sum of it's parts. In Gravity Rush it was the charm and style that carried it, when the mission design and mechanics weren't enough. In Crackdown it's the movement. While it's perhaps a tad too easy in this installment, because you quickly gain access to boosts or additional jumps, you still feel in control, unlike a ton of other similar open world games, where the movement feel automated and that's why it works having a game that's basically the sidequests I normally hate in other open world games.

The AI is poor and that ruins some of the combat early on, but as you upgrade your agent it gets better and better to the point where boosting around and unleashing is actually decent fun. It's just repeated too much in many objectives. I hope they either improve it or tone that aspect down a little in Crackdown 4 and focus even more on the platforming. Propaganda towers are already my favorite activity (well, next to collecting orbs) and I want more similar challenges.

Also worth applauding these days is that it doesn't beg for more money. There're no interruptions on the title screen, no ads, no highlighted option leading you to the marketplace, no card games. Nothing! It seems microtransaction free as far as I can see, which is nice.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
But it's not a game you need to recommend at $60, you can play it for a lot less, on both Xbox One and on PC (and even both at the same time with just a single subscription).

Although I don't agree with that notion at all. I've been hearing that a lot lately, but this is a game I would recommend at $60 without hesitation (to a certain kind of gamer, of course). It's a lot of fun, it's already given me so many wonderful moments, and I'm nowhere near done with it, without even mentioning co-op or Wrecking Zone, which I quite liked during the Insider testing. At the end of the day, it's very enjoyable, and if that doesn't deserve recommendation, I honestly don't know what does.

I agree completely there's as much content as say super mario odyssey (a game that is surprisingly relevant comparison) and its just as fun yet people dont complain about mario odyssey as having simple graphics, lack of voice acting and story etc. Its a fantastic game.

Since its a xbox/pc game people are comparing it to other open world games on those platforms which have high production values, yet like mario odyssey its been designed around being fun, great controls etc without a big budget on cut scenes etc.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
You need to pick up their badges in Agent Hunter, hope you realised that :D
You dont need the badge for the kill to count on the killfeed. I actively avoided badges going for the achievement theyre talking about because i wanted to prolong the match as much as i could to get all 9 kills & would still get on the killfeed

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
The driving is phenominal. The cars stick to the ground, and move like tron bikes on rails, but there is a broad array of handling parameters unique to each car. Even tooling around in the humble taxi is a thrill.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Game ran like shit on my laptop and wouldn't even install on my desktop.

I forgot that I told myself that Forza 4 was my last Microsoft Store purchase. Fuck it's so fucking awful.

At least Microsoft refunded my $1.00 Game Pass trial :D

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Yeah, it's without question a 60 dollar game. The controls are silky, it runs beautifully even on the original schematic, and there is just so much content. I'm crying it's so good.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the opening cinematic.

Game definitely feels dated especially compared to recent open world games but as a huge fan of Crackdown 1 I am having a blast. Went in expecting to be so let down so yay.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
Are there actual story missions or does the game consist of just clearing out each bosses facilities throughout the map?

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a post-mortem on this game yet? I'm fascinated by why it took soo long to come out. What's the deal?

I'm having a ton of fun but this just feels like the 360 games in 4k.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the main game and I'm only 11 achievements missing.
Not sure if I'll do the street races, I hated them in CD1, but I'll try.
The rooftop races were pretty easy to me.

They're harder than the rooftop races, but fun and doable enough that I'll try four or five times in a row to get Gold. Just keep in mind that some cars like to handbrake while you're giving it gas, some like to handbrake after you've braked a bit, and some like to handbrake if you let off the gas.

The Spider transformation is a collision detection nightmare though. It likes to stick to things.

I agree completely there's as much content as say super mario odyssey (a game that is surprisingly relevant comparison) and its just as fun yet people dont complain about mario odyssey as having simple graphics, lack of voice acting and story etc. Its a fantastic game.

Since its a xbox/pc game people are comparing it to other open world games on those platforms which have high production values, yet like mario odyssey its been designed around being fun, great controls etc without a big budget on cut scenes etc.

Oh come on. Odyssey is in a different stratosphere of design, control and variety. Not to mention creativity. CD3 suffers from the same open world bloat as most games in the genre, with checklist objectives.

Last edited:

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Last thing I expected to happen when playing this game...

I maxed out my driving skill first?!

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been a post-mortem on this game yet? I'm fascinated by why it took soo long to come out. What's the deal?

I'm having a ton of fun but this just feels like the 360 games in 4k.

I'm pretty sure it went through a full on reboot at some point around 2016. The stuff shown at gamescom in 2015 was done by a different developer, featured totally different gameplay and has a completely different look.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
So anyone else walking around outside in the real world and looking at buildings working out if I can jump high enough to reach roofs...

I had this problem with the first Crackdown. I remember thinking "That is a level two agility building... thats easily a one.... THAT one is definitely a max level agility"

Are there actual story missions or does the game consist of just clearing out each bosses facilities throughout the map?

The tutorial is the most and only real 'mission'. Bosses have more structure than they did in the original Crackdown and some require you to do some platforming to even reach the boss. After defeating some bosses the game starts throwing tons of enemies at you until you defeat X amount of them, and then it continues like normal.
Otherwise though, no, there's no real story and you can fight bosses in any order.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
That Agency Spider Car is a crime against humanity. I haven't seen such a glitchy feature in a long time. You never know what's going to happen when you start scaling a wall haha.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The spider car sucks big time. The race in the quarry where you have to use it is challenging for the wrong reasons.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure it went through a full on reboot at some point around 2016. The stuff shown at gamescom in 2015 was done by a different developer, featured totally different gameplay and has a completely different look.

Well, that's a step up from the 8 month rush job that hampered the second game.

How bad could that original version have been that Microsoft had to throw it away and double down on basically remaking the first game in a new city

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Friends I need help finding the last Monkey Moonshine Kiosk. Anyone recommend any weird locations? I have spent over 2 hours looking for the last one and it's now to the point where I'm getting slightly frustrated. :(

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The spider car sucks big time. The race in the quarry where you have to use it is challenging for the wrong reasons.

It's not that hard. I did it in about four tries with 10 seconds to spare. Just brake before you handbrake on the winding incline and be careful on that turn with the rocks.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
We call this "lightning" because it strikes in a flash. It's the speediest form we've ever engineered, and it's just one of the forms this baby can take.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
If you're using anything other than the hand cannon you're playing Crackdown 3 incorrectly.

Handcannon is godly. Just love getting headshots with precision weapons in this series. One of My favorite thing to do with the Handcannon is to hit guys once in the chest so they fall over, then walk up close and finish them with a headshot.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
It's hilarious that it's easier to just pick up your Spider Car and move it places instead of actually trying to drive it up walls. This thing freaking sucks.