• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
You can walk from the top of the logistics tower to the top of Niemand's tower on the monorail! Such a strange design decision! But it fits with their BOTW design, I guess.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
So, the further I get into the game the more confident I feel that the ending to Crackdown 1 with the Agency being the bad guys is not only canon but something actively going on behind the scenes of the events in CD3 as well.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
So, the further I get into the game the more confident I feel that the ending to Crackdown 1 with the Agency being the bad guys is not only canon but something actively going on behind the scenes of the events in CD3 as well.

Yep, hit me after I beat the robot boss. The narrator and Echo started having a conversation and he mentioned the events of Pacific City, which I won't detail here. Something seems off about Echo as well.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
the ngata fight is just pure frustration, there is nowhere to go, mobs everywhere (there is now way to avoid them, you will get hit, always), boss takes way too long to kill and hast a one-hit-kill attack (which ist avoidable).

after two dozen attempts with a level 5 agent and the best weapons in the game...i just dont know what to do.

edit: ok, switched to easy and beat him in 10 seconds. this fights needs to be re-balanced on normal.

I hear this alot. Is he still a bear if you use the regenerating health gadget?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
the ngata fight is just pure frustration, there is nowhere to go, mobs everywhere (there is now way to avoid them, you will get hit, always), boss takes way too long to kill and hast a one-hit-kill attack (which ist avoidable).

after two dozen attempts with a level 5 agent and the best weapons in the game...i just dont know what to do.

edit: ok, switched to easy and beat him in 10 seconds. this fights needs to be re-balanced on normal.

Just climb up the balcony that there is in the boss fight, it'll be easy then

Xenon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering if I should play ReCore before my 2 month subscription ends. I guess I should.

If you like the platforming and collection aspect of the game Recore is a must play. So much fun 100% the platforming dungeons in that game. I also enjoyed collecting everything to get the 1000 GS. I need to go back to finish the DLC.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually enjoying most of this game. But the vehicle controls are horrible. Like some of the worst I've ever seen.

Oct 25, 2017
If you like the platforming and collection aspect of the game Recore is a must play. So much fun 100% the platforming dungeons in that game. I also enjoyed collecting everything to get the 1000 GS. I need to go back to finish the DLC.
Yeah, just jumping around getting orbs, doing the little roof races thingie and stuff like that is definitely the best part of the game to me.

So Recore's platforming also lets you fail, it's not automated with magnetic edges and stuff?

I'm actually enjoying most of this game. But the vehicle controls are horrible. Like some of the worst I've ever seen.
They're awful. So bad that I never even use them, which in turn lets me forget about the awful controls until someone brings it up. So they don't bother me as much as they should.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I just did the 2$ game pass deal not knowing if I could run this game. It booted up fine but when I start the campaign I am not getting the voice audio in the opening cut-scene like its incredibly muted and sometimes pops in. Any Idea how to fix this?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man agility lvl 6 feels fucking amazing, i didnt like the game at first but now that i passed the strength and agility grind i feel like an op super hero and am having a blast

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game have some sort of NG+ that resets the orbs without resetting my agility? I'd be down with replaying half of the game to get to level 6. Sounds more interesting to me than hunting down orbs when they start to get tricky to find.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the game have some sort of NG+ that resets the orbs without resetting my agility? I'd be down with replaying half of the game to get to level 6. Sounds more interesting to me than hunting down orbs when they start to get tricky to find.

There is a farming method. You basically have to run a lvl 5 rooftop race, get the gold, then continue redoing it, but never do better than your best time, like always do one or two seconds worse after you get the gold. For whatever reason it keeps giving you the agility xp as if you got gold every time. Use that one agent who has like 10 percent agility xp, doing this today i went from lvl 5 to lvl 6 agility in about 30 minutes. Make sure you so it soon. Now that more people are becoming aware of it im sure it will be patched out shortly

Xenon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, just jumping around getting orbs, doing the little roof races thingie and stuff like that is definitely the best part of the game to me.

So Recore's platforming also lets you fail, it's not automated with magnetic edges and stuff?

LOL no they are designed to make you fail, the dungeons at least. Getting top rank in the speed runs leave little room for mistakes, but you can get creative. But in the main world its no help at all, if you make it you make it. And thats a big part of the fun, trying figure out how to get to places you see.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
This game always feels like it's bugged. I'm in the last boss (?) tower and I think an elevator is supposed to drop based on where the orange marker is telling me to go and nothing is happening. I can't figure out how to progress. I hate this.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
could i use my current agent in a new "world" savegame (to reach level 6 faster) and then go back again to my main world save?

Deleted member 1777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And finished. Great fucking ride and I had a blast. PC version ran really smoothly for me as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Want to play State Of Decay 2 also since I haven't played that yet and I loved the first one, may as well make use of this gamepass whilst I have it.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

It's very old school and technical, and even less automated than Crackdown 3 - ReCore's Joule won't climb an extra few feet if she can't quite reach a ledge. There are specially designed traversal dungeons which will give your fingers a good workout if you want to 100% them.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Lol fuck this last boss. Which weapons make it easiest? I hate this.

Holy shit I haven't had this much trouble with a boss in a long time. Massive difficulty spike.

Last edited:

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
If I want to hit the Chem Plant, should I get rid of all the optional targets also? Would that make it easier or does it not matter?

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Just finished the game! What an awesome ride! Maxed out melee and explosions. It took me 22 hours, but a bit of that was in pause. And I like to explore a lot.

holy shit, the voice of Nemesis and the Director are both Michael McConnaughey! I hope there's a sequel so we can see if that's a hint or not.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I've ended up having a lot of fun in Wrecking Zone. I don't know if it's adjusted expectations or what, but this is a blast. It probably helps that I've been cleaning house in combat. It feels like half the players haven't come to grips with the combat toolbox.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Lol fuck this last boss. Which weapons make it easiest? I hate this.

Holy shit I haven't had this much trouble with a boss in a long time. Massive difficulty spike.

I just beat last boss first try using mass driver as my boss weapon, singularity grenades/oblivion gun for clean up of all the junk.

I assume you need strength level 4 just for resistances if you don't have it

Mind you i was lucky to see all the big chimera attacks coming so i could jump over them too

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Just finished the game! What an awesome ride! Maxed out melee and explosions. It took me 22 hours, but a bit of that was in pause. And I like to explore a lot.

holy shit, the voice of Nemesis and the Director are both Michael McConnaughey! I hope there's a sequel so we can see if that's a hint or not.

On that note, here are some things I noticed in particular:

-Goodwin literally refers to the Volk, Shai-Gen, and Los Muertos as "customers" during a conversation with Echo, and the way the game portrays it is as a slip of the tongue, as if he's hiding something. We know that the original Crackdown ends with the reveal that the Agency was selling the weapons and equipment to those gangs and then used their control of the city as an excuse to wipe them out with your character and rule with an iron fist.

-A smaller one, but later on, Goodwin is discussing something with Echo and the tone he uses when delivering a line about maintaing how the current order of things is in the world is straight up menacing compared to his usual tone, and I can't help but feel that's on purpose.

-Could be nothing, but there are several illuminati-style symbols throughout the world.

-Also could be nothing, but Echo's smile at the end of the game after she's asked to join the Agency also strikes me as sly and oppertunisitic rather than simply joyful that terranova is gone, as if she knows much more than she has let us in on and/or her intentions may not be what we thought.

So I think it could be more than a hint with what you've added.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Just played the first hour and it's great! It seems like a nice little love letter to Crackdown 1 and I'm having a blast. Really had to stop myself from orb hunting all night just now.

Love all the little extra abilities you unlock with each skill level. And it's just so nice to hear the boss guy again.

Will continue tomorrow!

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So what do people not like about this game? From what I'm hearing a lot of the criticism is from it looking sort of janky, or that it doesn't look as clean and polished as an Uncharted game, while people are telling me it's still a lot of fun to play.

Kinda reminds me of the reception of the 2nd Mercenaries game back in the day.

Edit: I haven't played any Crackdown game yet, I'm just asking.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
So what do people not like about this game? From what I'm hearing a lot of the criticism is from it looking sort of janky, or that it doesn't look as clean and polished as an Uncharted game, while people are telling me it's still a lot of fun to play.

Kinda reminds me of the reception of the 2nd Mercenaries game back in the day.

Edit: I haven't played any Crackdown game yet, I'm just asking.
It's not even janky.

Some people have said it plays like it is a 10 year old game. As if that's bad? Furthermore, I'm not even sure what that means. Nobody has been able to expand on that for me when I ask them to.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
It's not even janky.

Some people have said it plays like it is a 10 year old game. As if that's bad? Furthermore, I'm not even sure what that means. Nobody has been able to expand on that for me when I ask them to.

Yup this statement has annoyed me since reviews started dropping. Uncharted 4 and lost legacy should be docked on their score for playing exactly like uncharted 1.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just beat it. Really enjoyed my time with it. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't give up on the franchise and build on the base and improve it further.

3 quick ways it could be improved in the sequel:
1. Just make Commander Jaxon (Terry Crews) your main character so you can focus on more specific and personal story that has an actual character arc and journey.
2. Have side quests with different missions than the main quests that help flesh the world and your relationships with friendly NPC's.
3. Maintain the high quality of cutscenes of the intro and ending throughout the singleplayer campaign rather than having to cut corners with storyboards.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really? Think they are fine. I have no problem with it to be fair. Controls like many games.

NO way man. You slide around like you are on ice, you go from barely turning to a U-Turn in a milimeter and any sort of bump in the road has disastrous results on the car. It's complete shit. Early I hit a sidewalk edge and my car shot straight up into the air and I unlocked the 4 second hang time trophy lol.

It's horrible man, you can't sugar coat it no matter how much you like the game.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the mobility is the one thing I sort of enjoy out of this game. I don't think is a disaster like Fallout 76 at launch, but it's hard for me to disagree with that 60 on Metacritic, even when I don't care that much about reviews. The press is super biased against Xbox, but they sort of nailed it on this one imo.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Really? Think they are fine. I have no problem with it to be fair. Controls like many games.
theyre fine if youre just driving from place to place in the open world or doing stunt rings (which usually involves picking the car up, dropping it in front of the ring and driving for 5 seconds anyways) but the second you start doing ring races where you need prolonged precision its obvious how finnicky these things are

you can be perfectly in the zone for the entire race and then get randomly screwed over on the way to last ring and flung three blocks away because a piece of debris got in the road or you brushed into random incoming traffic

the car ring races are the opposite of the rooftop ones which imo solidify just how tight the onfoot controls are. the car ones reveal just how fucked up the cars are

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup this statement has annoyed me since reviews started dropping. Uncharted 4 and lost legacy should be docked on their score for playing exactly like uncharted 1.

It plays like a ten year old game in that the controls and the open world are laid out like something on the 360. Buildings are cut and paste, everything looks the same, streets are empty. Graphics are below average even for games that came out at the beginning of the generation. Every enemy, car and object you can throw looks essentially the same the textures are so low quality. Gun play is basic to say the least (it even seems to lock on automatically for you at lower difficulties at least?). There are no skill trees or personality beyond what guns you want to carry. There is almost no story present, just objectives marked on a map that all amount to "kill bad guys, shoot a container or flip a switch" with the exception of the towers.

The boss fights are pretty cool I guess.

Despite the above paragraph I actually find the game sorta fun in a mindless way. But if you want to sit here and say you "don't understand" why the game feels ten years old then I honestly don't know what to tell you. Because it does....very much so.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
I'm getting some really bad freezes on my 1x.
I've never seen anything like that before... I wonder if it's just because I was playing all day.

I'm enjoying it... and the orb hunting is really addictive.
That said, the swearing in this game just comes across as really unnecessary and completely try-hard.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
theyre fine if youre just driving from place to place in the open world or doing stunt rings (which usually involves picking the car up, dropping it in front of the ring and driving for 5 seconds anyways) but the second you start doing ring races where you need prolonged precision its obvious how finnicky these things are

you can be perfectly in the zone for the entire race and then get randomly screwed over on the way to last ring and flung three blocks away because a piece of debris got in the road, you randomly overdrifted into the sidewalk, or you brushed into random incoming traffic

the car ring races are the opposite of the rooftop ones which imo solidify just how tight the onfoot controls are. the car ones reveal just how fucked up the cars are
On that note, here are some things I noticed in particular:

-Goodwin literally refers to the Volk, Shai-Gen, and Los Muertos as "customers" during a conversation with Echo, and the way the game portrays it is as a slip of the tongue, as if he's hiding something. We know that the original Crackdown ends with the reveal that the Agency was selling the weapons and equipment to those gangs and then used their control of the city as an excuse to wipe them out with your character and rule with an iron fist.

-A smaller one, but later on, Goodwin is discussing something with Echo and the tone he uses when delivering a line about maintaing how the current order of things is in the world is straight up menacing compared to his usual tone, and I can't help but feel that's on purpose.

-Could be nothing, but there are several illuminati-style symbols throughout the world.

-Also could be nothing, but Echo's smile at the end of the game after she's asked to join the Agency also strikes me as sly and oppertunisitic rather than simply joyful that terranova is gone, as if she knows much more than she has let us in on and/or her intentions may not be what we thought.

So I think it could be more than a hint with what you've added.
Two that I picked up on was before one of the lockdowns, Echo describes Terranovas new customer with the exact description of the Director and he in a very annoyed manner tells her to get to the point.
During the Roxy fight in a tossed off line she says she was built to replace you.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even janky.

It means the design sensibilities are more in line with a last-gen game than a current gen one. The typical "main story + sidequests" structure is thrown out in favor of basically having the entire game consist of sidequests with a minimal plot, said sidequests are very simple and ask you to repeat the same handful of scenarios 10+ times until you unlock the boss, the level up system is really basic and offers no choice in your upgrades, lock-on makes the combat simplified compared to the free aiming in most other games, the vehicles feel tacked on (especially since you can call the Agency Vehicle at any time which is far better than any car you find on the streets), etc.

None of that is necessarily a bad thing, of course... well, except for the useless vehicles.

That said, the swearing in this game just comes across as really unnecessary and completely try-hard.

The random swearing never fails to make me laugh because it feels so out of place. I don't know why, they do it just frequently enough that it shouldn't be jarring.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I was playing a modern game before Crackdown came out. Assassins Creed Odyssey. When you press a button during combat in this modern game, it may register, or it may not. It's a very animation centric game, as are many modern games.

For controls, I definitely prefer Crackdown's immediacy. If you hit a button, you know the action is going to happen.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Buildings are cut and paste, everything looks the same
There are pretty distinct districts with different designs to buildings.
There are tons of pedestrians and enemies all over the streets.
Graphics are below average even for games that came out at the beginning of the generation.
Graphics are just an artistic direction they took for clean visuals. Game looks good.
Gun play is basic to say the least
The interplay between guns, explosives, melee attacks, vehicles and platforming is what makes it fun and engaging. On their own, guns are just okay, but you have to take it as an entire package.
There are no skill trees or personality beyond what guns you want to carry.
The agents have skill trees in the sense of power-ups and upgrades. If you're talking about branching paths, then so what? Not every game needs to have a system where you must decide between one thing or another.
But if you want to sit here and say you "don't understand" why the game feels ten years old then I honestly don't know what to tell you. Because it does....very much so.
But....... there are amazing games which still play great that are 30 years old, so this generic criticism of it feeling like a 10 year old game is meaningless fluff.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7948

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game. I did pretty much everything, except for orbs, stunt jumps and leveling up to the max.
The game got more fun as I leveled up. I really enjoyed my time with it, even the car races, actually they are my favorite side activity.

The game froze quite a few times while trying to fast travel (PC) though.

Jan 15, 2018
Agree with the vehicles. They are a step back from the first game, which was more like GTA (Thanks to Dave jones!). they don't handle well and also the physics does some really odd things when driving.
Imo the interaction with enemies ( or there being more randoms that could show up in the original ) and the NPC's was way better in the first game.