• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Beat this on Legendary with a friend in co-op and had a blast! I plan to keep playing in my game world to grab all of the orbs and power all my skills up to 6 in parallel with finally finishing Red Dead Redemption 2. I am also planning to jump in on some multiplayer with my friends when they get that party support in there as mentioned.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What is the agility strategy with races? Somehow you can keep playing them and getting agility? I was going to try it.

Do an agility race and get a Gold time on your first run (say, 20 seconds). Then restart it and make sure you don't get a better time (say, 21 seconds) over and over. You'll get the orbs each time as though you got another gold. Really speeds up the leveling (I was doing one where you just drop down from a tower [science tower? I dunno]) and getting ~.025 each time which is a lot more than orb hunting. Took ~30 20-second runs to go from 5.3 to 6. Boring but effective.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
I think it'll even do it if there's an enemy close to you, as if it's a melee attack. I think CD1 did this as well, but I can't remember....

I'd prefer if it threw everytime - even if the animation clips.

Is it only certain objects? Im testing it now by throwing bodies, and so far, not a single thing obstructs the throw, im standing next to low rails, mid rails, straight walls, low ceiling or other objects above me, and nothing stops me from throwing it.

Ill try scrap when i find some (i get sidetracked by orbs lol) but so far its random when objects dont get thrown

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Is it only certain objects? Im testing it now by throwing bodies, and so far, not a single thing obstructs the throw, im standing next to low rails, mid rails, straight walls, low ceiling or other objects above me, and nothing stops me from throwing it.

Ill try scrap when i find some (i get sidetracked by orbs lol) but so far its random when objects dont get thrown

It's just larger objects, in my experience- big bolders, cars, etc

Last edited:

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Wow! How frustrating were the last 25 or so orbs?
Well it was frustrating but:

1) Getting the ability to basically fly (agility level 6) really helped
2) I used a guide for the last 5-6 missing orbs

There was a goddamn hidden orb in Zangado's breath that I couldn't find which was really easy to spot and I don't know how the fuck did I miss it lol, I spent 1-2 hours searching for it, then I used the guide on youtube and immediately found it... I felt really stupid.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
It's just larger objects, in my experience- big bolders, cars, etc
Yup just checked it, smaller items and even medium items wont get caught by walls or rails and will always throw (or drop if standing diectly next to a wall) but yeah the large items get hung up and the agent doesnt throw it, he just goes through with the throw animation...

Still kind of annoying, but it explains that issue for me at least lol. Thanks Xd

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Just leveled up strength to level 5. Shit is crazy.

Best lines:
'Yes agent, the world is your weapon'
'Hit'em with the sickness'

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to get back up a building youre trying to climb if you make a mistake? Im climbing the science Center and im terrified of fucking up a jump. Are there climbing checkpoints or am i fucked if i fall?

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Do an agility race and get a Gold time on your first run (say, 20 seconds). Then restart it and make sure you don't get a better time (say, 21 seconds) over and over. You'll get the orbs each time as though you got another gold. Really speeds up the leveling (I was doing one where you just drop down from a tower [science tower? I dunno]) and getting ~.025 each time which is a lot more than orb hunting. Took ~30 20-second runs to go from 5.3 to 6. Boring but effective.
This doesn't work for me. Yes, I've tried exactly what you've mentioned here. The only way you keep getting orbs after getting a Gold on a race is if you beat your previous best time, and even then it's a very small amount.

I've actually tried it on 3 or 4 different races just to make sure it wasn't the race itself.

SickBoy

Oct 25, 2017

FWIW, I appreciate you posting that vid. I finished the game tonight, but on my OG Xbox, I was also encountering freezes like that, where the sound would play and the screen would just stick. Mine were probably a touch longer than the one in your video, but they were not super frequent.

And to think I played on Xbox due to concerns about the PC version hitching. An unfortunate blemish on an experience I otherwise enjoyed quite a bit. I certainly didn't have to blast through it this quickly.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
By biggest complaints so far are 1) rolling/ dashing restarts the reload animation and 2) you have to hold Y to change to your third weapon.

Both decisions feel like they slow down the pace of the game without bringing any real benefit.

Perhaps the Reload issue is due to balancing because rolling provides momentary invincibility, but personally, I'd rather lose the invincibility if it meant I didn't have to run and hide everytime I need to reload a weapon.

As far as changing weapons, I feel I can double tap Y faster than it can register that im holding it. In the middle of a heated battle, having to put so much energy into making sure the game registered that I want my 3rd weapon is annoying.

Yup just checked it, smaller items and even medium items wont get caught by walls or rails and will always throw (or drop if standing diectly next to a wall) but yeah the large items get hung up and the agent doesnt throw it, he just goes through with the throw animation...

Still kind of annoying, but it explains that issue for me at least lol. Thanks Xd

No problem!

Last edited:

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I've only killed a single boss so far and just go around the world and mess around basically, doing random objectives if I feel like doing them as I go along and it's amazing. It's so hard to stop too as there's always a propaganda tower (these are such an awesome addition btw), rooftop race (these are super sweet too with my level 4 agility agent), orbs or enemies around the corner. Love it!

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If Microsoft is not going to make a fourth, a campaign expansion about the misterious terranova client that is teased many times in the game would be great. Please don't let this finish like Quantum Break.

I would want a CD4 without Multiplayer tbh. Focus on SP as I feel this is a big step up from the first game in terms of things to do.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't work for me. Yes, I've tried exactly what you've mentioned here. The only way you keep getting orbs after getting a Gold on a race is if you beat your previous best time, and even then it's a very small amount.

I've actually tried it on 3 or 4 different races just to make sure it wasn't the race itself.

You can't have beaten the race already, the glitch only works the first time you do a race. If you're going back to a race you've completed, it won't work.

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed the story mode on legendary, with a fully leveled up character it's pretty easy.
The only two achievements I'm missing now are the Orbs achievements, I've collected about 660 agility orbs and 150 hidden orbs so far.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
You can't have beaten the race already, the glitch only works the first time you do a race. If you're going back to a race you've completed, it won't work.

Am I understanding the glitch right?

You show up to a race for the first time. You get gold. You immediately restart the race, and go for gold again, but don't beat your previous time. You can do this over and over, but if leave the race, you can't do it anymore.

Is that right?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Am I understanding the glitch right?

You show up to a race for the first time. You get gold. You immediately restart the race, and go for gold again, but don't beat your previous time. You can do this over and over, but if leave the race, you can't do it anymore.

Is that right?

Yes.

edit: Actually, I'm not even sure it matters if you go for gold on subsequent attempts. You just can't beat your original time.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
In a strange twist, Crackdown's structure is exactly like Mafia 3 - you clear the city, then get some sort of boss battle. If you can stand the repetition, the game is a lot of fun. I can understand all the complaints, but if you even slightly enjoyed the first one, this does a lot to mirror it. I'm enjoying it - collecting orbs is as fun as ever and the traversal feels great. The game's main objectives remind me of Spider-Man's checklist side activities, but the traversal and leveling mechanics feel great and compel me to continue playing.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Ngata is fucking impossible.

The most laziest enemy cheese design bullshit this entire generation. Enjoyed my time with this game until now; It's MC is completely justified from this thing alone.

Have never been so infuriated with a segment in a game in a long time.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Ngata is fucking impossible.

The most laziest enemy cheese design bullshit this entire generation. Enjoyed my time with this game until now; It's MC is completely justified from this thing alone.

Have never been so infuriated with a segment in a game in a long time.

Have you been trying different weapons? I died several times, but was able to Wreck Ngata pretty fast with the lock-on multi-rocket launcher (forget what it's called). Try it out.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Have you been trying different weapons? I died several times, but was able to Wreck Ngata pretty fast with the lock-on multi-rocket launcher (forget what it's called). Try it out.

That was literally the first weapon i tried. It's too fucking slow to fire because they shove millions of soldiers up your ass to do anything about it.

Man fuck this.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I beat the game on the difficulty one lower than the highest. It was fun! My agility is at 5.86, I have a feeling I won't be getting it to 6. Although I played the whole game as an agent with an agility bonus, so maybe I am a bit ahead of the curve.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
That was literally the first weapon i tried. It's too fucking slow to fire because they shove millions of soldiers up your ass to do anything about it.

Man fuck this.

What difficulty are you on? Also, were you holding the lockon directly on the boss until it stopped clicking, and then fire?

It only takes like 4-5 shots, and you can get those off basically before the other enemies show up.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Holy shit! Been playing all this time on the PC with the GRAPHICS -> SHARPENING set to 0. Set it to 30% and wow, the game is even better looking and lovely now. If you haven't done it yet, do it now. It's such an improvement.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise

Man fuck this.
Singularity grenade + black hole gun for the mobs, homing rocket + whatever other high damage explosive gun for Ngata, and use the ledge just outside the entryway if you need to get out of there fast (or if you want to cheese).

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I climbed the Terranova HQ again, this time driving on outer walls from the very bottom, and the achievement finally unlocked. So to celebrate, here's a car jump from the top.

I also realized that by chaining clamber and boosting (especially effective with level 6 Agility) you can reach even higher. It takes a bit practice, but it can be pretty useful.

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
I've found this game filling a similar role as Forza Horizon 4 did for me. Not something I'm sitting down for hours at a time with, but something I'll play and knock out some objectives for a random 20-30 minutes. It's a nice alternative to have when I don't feel like hunkering in for an intense Metro Exodus session.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Question: does the game ever add the agility orbs to the map? Like once you've maxed out the ability?

anf

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco, USA
I'm at the final boss and there are a bunch of ennemies with energy shields. It seems impossible to go through it, mêlée, explosives, grenades, nothing works. Any idea?

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
I'm sure Microsoft can see the popularity of Crackdown, so my next question is when will they make DLC for this game ala Forza Horizon? I would gladly play for a new City/ Island. My wallet is ready!

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trup1aya Choosing a new agent doesn't keep the same stats. Just tried someone new in the same world I've been playing, but all their stats were reset.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Was enjoying the game but i'm Now at a point where I'm just constantly swarmed by enemies. It's annoying as hell and interfering with orb hunting.

keep running into a bug where the station master falls through the environment and doesnt come out until i leave the area for a bit.

Also time played tracking for this game is bugged. Says ive only played 7 hours and im easily over that

Last edited:

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I finally got around to finishing the game tonight. I thought the game was a fun time killer, and more than serviceable, especially as a GP title. I'm not really sure what more you can do with a Crackdoen game, but I'll be there ready to play the next one.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Trup1aya Choosing a new agent doesn't keep the same stats. Just tried someone new in the same world I've been playing, but all their stats were reset.

That happens when you choose a new Agent slot from the main menu, but if you go to any supply point and choose an Agent from the Agent DNA tab, only the skin and skill bonuses change. Those are two different things.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Another thing that irritates me to no end...

The draw distance on orbs is stupid short, and the level designers thought it would be a good idea to put green glowing lights everwhere on the map and at the top of every building, so even if you take a second to look out over the city from up high while searching for agility orbs, you wont see orbs unless theyre literally within a hundred in-game yards or so.

This has got to be the worst design decision in this game. Just look at this... i hate/love this game and its driving me nuts lol.

G4DFPMt.jpg

hohBGs4.jpg

Theres so many more design choices that just baffle me too... like... making climable ledges and non climable ledges the same exact "stand-out" texture like these black and red striped textures here. The black and red is supposed to "stand-out" as something you can hang on or grab and climb on... but then they use the exact same texture on a bumpmapped portion that you cant actually grab. This is just one example... this shit is EVERYWHERE... lol.
CRMwhgs.jpg

It may look obvious here... but when youre bouncing around in combat and see a red black striped surface you were literally JUST hanging from out of the corner of your eye only to flail against the side and fall... its pretty frustrating.

Again, im loving the game... but also hating a lot of it... im really torn on this one lol.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
So.. I've spent a fair bit of time in multiplayer, and I actually really, really like it. But.. I've noticed that I get unbalanced games more often than really close games. Once one team gets a serious advantage and then sticks together, it can be really hard for the other team to coordinate to take anyone down in a meaningful way (especially in agent hunt, where there's no natural funneling). That's especially true if teammates start dropping out of the game because you're losing. Still, I've been finding it fun to zip around, position smartly, and time a really fast kill. Finally a mp "shooter" I don't suck at lol

Oct 27, 2017
Feeling a bit conflicted on this game. Surprisingly, I somewhat enjoy many of the things that the game is criticized for, yet many of my gripes might be seen as comparatively insignificant. Maybe my expectations were just low, but I'm actually enjoying the mission objectives for example. It's pretty simple but satisfying stuff, and I find that playing on the hard difficulty the challenge is just right as you attempt to maneuver around and take out the enemies. The agility towers that you have to scale are also a refreshing addition to Crackdown. I even think the graphics are fine, albeit a bit too dark before turning up the brightness.

As for the things I don't like, many of them are small issues but combine to put a real damper on what is supposed to be an open world sandbox game. Firstly, there's way too few pedestrians and the world feels less alive as a result compared to even Crackdown 1 which was 12 years ago. Driving is still fine, but still totally unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. I mean, you could theoretically complete the entire game without even setting foot in a car. Maybe they could have had you race one of the bosses or something? Another gripe is that the explosions don't last long enough to be as satisfying as they were in the original game. You can spend ages constructing a pile of cars to explode, but the pay off simply isn't as satisfying because it's over so soon. I'm also not a fan of cars always exploding on impact when thrown (because sometimes you just want to move them, or get into it afterwards), or the lack of being able to kick cars around like in the first game. The removal of 4 player co-op, the wing-suit and helicopter, as well as the ability to get into a car together with your co-op buddy also feel like strange omissions, as is the ability to simply kick your co-op buddy and send him flying.

Basically, I feel like there really aren't enough ways to enjoy the sandbox on offer here, and ways that I was able to enjoy it in the previous games either aren't included, or aren't implemented as well as I would have hoped after all these years. Perhaps the problem is just with my particular preferences and expectations. Much like the original games, I enjoy much of what is here, but I can't help but be left wanting so much more and wishing certain things were done differently.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That happens when you choose a new Agent slot from the main menu, but if you go to any supply point and choose an Agent from the Agent DNA tab, only the skin and skill bonuses change. Those are two different things.
OH SHIT! Wish I would've done this before completing most of the Rooftop Races lol. Are you able to redo Rooftop Races infinitely to keep getting orbs?

Speaking of which, there's a Rooftop Race I can't find, but I checked the map several times.. unless I'm a dingus and oblivious.

Last edited: