• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lilojigsaw

Chicken Chaser
Mar 1, 2018
Who else is in the Level 6 agility club?

Being able to basically fly is such a game changer, it makes mobility totally different and better, not to mention combat being amazing since you can fly way above everyone while raining hell down on them.

Just got my firearms to Level 6 too and now working on strength and explosives to level 6 as well (both are about 70% there).

Driving is of course only at Level 2 because I don't want to drive, I want to flyyyyyy. I will likely max that out last and do all the races and rings along with it. Once I get everything to max level 6 I will bring my fully maxed Agent into a brand new world.

One thing that has been bothering me is the location of the final agility races, I thought I did them all but I am missing either 1 or 2 based on the achievement. Any help?

Had the same issue. The third zone right after the small second zone with have a new lvl 5 agility roof course there that i didnt see because i finished this place long before i was lvl 5 agility. Maybe that is one of the ones you missed also. Sorry i cant remember the zone names off the top of my head

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
This is the most fun I've had in a "free" game. Thank you game pass. Also, I had pre-ordered a physical copy of the game back when it was first announched....which I promptly sent back.

I love the OG Crackdown though, so that's probably why I'm having a blast..haha. Love how clean this game looks in 4k. I really wish I had more time to play. I've only hit like level 3 in Agility, Level 2 in hand to hand combat, and Level 2 in my guns/weapons. Everything else is still level 1.

Edit* Also, quick question, I'm pretty sure I unlocked the "air dash"...I swear it said to hit a shoulder button to do it. However, I can't pull the air dash off no matter what I hit. What did I misread/miss here?

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Who else is in the Level 6 agility club?

Being able to basically fly is such a game changer, it makes mobility totally different and better, not to mention combat being amazing since you can fly way above everyone while raining hell down on them.

Just got my firearms to Level 6 too and now working on strength and explosives to level 6 as well (both are about 70% there).

Driving is of course only at Level 2 because I don't want to drive, I want to flyyyyyy. I will likely max that out last and do all the races and rings along with it. Once I get everything to max level 6 I will bring my fully maxed Agent into a brand new world.

One thing that has been bothering me is the location of the final agility races, I thought I did them all but I am missing either 1 or 2 based on the achievement. Any help?

Maybe the one on top of science building or the vision?

There's also a few agility 5 races that pop up afterwards. Check the lower left area just past the starting boss, i know an agility 5 race popped up right beside one of the starting ones there.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I'm still missing one piece of intel. I don't understand how. I've looked all over the map for a white microphone, and it just isn't there. So I haven't actually gone near it yet. But I've been all over the city!

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I went back a second time to check the PC version after a disappointing trial of the Xbox version. But nope, having higher framerate helps but this is still subpar. Can't believe they shipped it with the insane clipping as well, no physics or movement at all while a plant bigger than the main character just clips right through him/her. The animations and general behaviour of the NPCs are really rough as well. The platforming gameplay is pretty good though.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I went back a second time to check the PC version after a disappointing trial of the Xbox version. But nope, having higher framerate helps but this is still subpar. Can't believe they shipped it with the insane clipping as well, no physics or movement at all while a plant bigger than the main character just clips right through him/her. The animations and general behaviour of the NPCs are really rough as well. The platforming gameplay is pretty good though.
Lots of games clip plants right through the player. Pretty sure that Assassins Creed just clips bushes right through the player when you're in cover. Is this really a significant issue? It's better than having immovable objects everywhere, hindering gameplay.

Devious

Oct 31, 2017
California
If I was back in the states right now I'd definitely be on my orb hunting grind. When the original Crackdown got that 4K update on XB1X I remember just getting lost for hours just climbing buildings and collecting as many orbs as I could find. Something so simple, yet addicting as hell.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of games clip plants right through the player. Pretty sure that Assassins Creed just clips bushes right through the player when you're in cover. Is this really a significant issue? It's better than having immovable objects everywhere, hindering gameplay.
I just think it looks bad, they could've added some movement to the plants at least, that's how most games solves it.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This game has been the most polar opposite I felt about a game versus the average score from reviewers. I find the game great, fun and a very good pick up and play. Do a few missions, look for orbs do a rooftop race etc. Game is just great so far and really enjoying it. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea, but it has been a while that I played a game and felt that the average reviews scores are so different from what I would give it.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
Crackdown 3 is a good game that I wouldn't have played if it wasn't Xbox Game Pass. So, thanks, Microsoft.

That orbs sounds...

giphy.gif

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Co-op is the best way to play this game, I am having a blast.

Struggling to hit some of those driving stunt jumps? Have your co-op body give you a helping hand.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
If possible, utilize the glitch that lets you get lots of easy agility XP by picking a foot race you haven't done yet, setting a Gold time, and then replaying the race repeatedly without beating your best time. For some reason, it keeps giving you XP. I got to Level 6 pretty easily with this trick.
:O I have never heard of this.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
:O I have never heard of this.

That's how it's always been in Crackdown, you get Agility points every time you finish a Rooftop race, no matter the placement.

So wait, will all the orbs and agility go back to 0 then? And go back to where it was when I return to Jaxon?
I love the separate safe system but it's also a bit confusing haha

No, that's basically like choosing a skin for your Agent (since their bodies are just clones), another thing that's been a part of Crackdown from the very start. The only difference in Crackdown 3 is now every "skin" comes with a specific stat bonus. All of them are considered a single Agent, as far as saving and progression are concerned, it's the same save. You can start a new Agent from zero by choosing another save slot, that's a different thing.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
So wait, will all the orbs and agility go back to 0 then? And go back to where it was when I return to Jaxon?
I love the separate safe system but it's also a bit confusing haha
No. If you stay within the same save and switch agents at a supply point, nothing changes except your ability to level a given concentration quicker (agility, firearms, etc) due to that agent's 10% and 5% boosts. It is a bit confusing understanding what "agent" is being referred to, but f you want to reset everything to zero, that would be by choosing a new save file (agent) at the main menu.

Lol...beaten to the punch.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
That's how it's always been in Crackdown, you get Agility points every time you finish a Rooftop race, no matter the placement.

No, that's basically like choosing a skin for your Agent (since their bodies are just clones), another thing that's been a part of Crackdown from the very start. The only difference in Crackdown 3 is now every "skin" comes with a specific stat bonus. All of them are considered a single Agent, as far as saving and progression are concerned, it's the same save. You can start a new Agent from zero by choosing another save slot, that's a different thing.
Awesome! So I can just change to someone else to boost my agility a bit before returning to my man Terry. Thanks!

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Finished up the single-player last night. Enjoyed it immensely despite its faults. It's abundantly clear that this game had a hell of a time in development and there are a lot of parts that feel undercooked. Bosses, sparse population, minimal music, bad in-engine cutscenes, etc. However, Crackdown does three things super well; Jumping, Explosions, and triggering my sense of vertigo, and Crackdown 3 did all these things pitch-perfect. I loved exploring the city for orbs and missions, I loved blowing shit up with my black hole gun, I loved looking down from the top of a tall building and getting dizzy just thinking about jumping off. I did each of the main towers back-to-back and I was feeling a little burnt out but I remember feeling much, much more burnt out by the end of the original Crackdown. I think this is a good sequel and is exactly what I wanted to see from a Crackdown sequel. Props to the team at Sumo Digital for sticking with the game to the end, this is a really fun title if you like your games messy, weird, and loud.

I skipped the multiplayer because I didn't want it to take up more room and it's not really my thing.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
10 agility orbs left... All in new pantheon fuuuuuu
I saw how many Orbs were there and didn't even wanna try to do it legit. Might just follow a guide for them. It gets so painful when you get down to 1 or 2 Orbs. Can't imagine hunting for them in that size of an area.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I once almost god all them orbs in Crackdown 1 back then.
Then I "lost" my gamertag/account. Then sadness. :-( I think CD1 was the closest I ever got to get all the achievements.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I saw how many Orbs were there and didn't even wanna try to do it legit. Might just follow a guide for them. It gets so painful when you get down to 1 or 2 Orbs. Can't imagine hunting for them in that size of an area.

And it's the verticality, too. Even with agility 6 it's a complete pain trying to track these ones down

It makes it more difficult because the agility orbs aren't visible from a large distance. I found a hidden orb from the top of terranova and ground pounded to get it lol wish agility orbs were the same... They go invisible like 100 ft from you

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Please give me an area I can go where you are certain there are Atmos overhead effects. I played the game for 10 minutes with my ear to one of my ceiling speakers and never heard a sound. I switched my Xbox to 7.1 with AVR upmixing and then my overhead speakers came alive.

I am 100% convinced this game is not Atmos; it's another Sea of Thieves debacle where it was announced as having it well before release, but was absent with the final product.

yep

i have my height channels elevated for my receiver's game mode and nothing noticeable was coming through. this game ain't atmos

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Eh, ok so many things could have been done a lot better but damn the game is addictive.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
What races can I do to boost my agility I'm stuck at 5.97 and wann get to 6 tonight. Someone said you have to do level 5 races but it doesn't list the level since I finished them all. I ran a few I thought were level 5s and got gold but didn't beat my best time and haven't gotten any agility points.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

That method in particular definitely seems unintended though. Replaying a race normally gave me a pitiful amount of Agility points that didn't even register, doing it in that particular way gave me enough to jump up by a solid .04 points every time, which is an insane amount at the otherwise super-grindy Agility Level 5.

Dec 16, 2017
After going through this game, I launched Agents of Mayham on game pass. I'd recommend trying that game if you liked this one, especially if you have game pass.

Oct 27, 2017
This is a videogame ass videogame, and I can always appreciate those.

Can understand some of the comments in the reviews, but I also don't remember the last time a 9/10 or 10/10 had me hooked for 3 hours straight, that I've had to force myself to put down because it's 12:20am and I need to sleep.

The mix of traversal, blowing shit up and watching stats increase (with tangible gameplay advantages) is just fantastic. Loved CD1 and I'm enjoying this in the exact same way.

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
Co-op is the best way to play this game, I am having a blast.

Struggling to hit some of those driving stunt jumps? Have your co-op body give you a helping hand.

Haha awesome! Remembers me a lot of how my brother and I got hard agility orbs in CD1 - one guy sits in the car, the other throws him up to the rooftop. Good times :)

PS: Love the explosion at the end.

PPS: F*ck gravity!

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
What races can I do to boost my agility I'm stuck at 5.97 and wann get to 6 tonight. Someone said you have to do level 5 races but it doesn't list the level since I finished them all. I ran a few I thought were level 5s and got gold but didn't beat my best time and haven't gotten any agility points.
After you gold the races I think only beating your best time gives you anything and it's not worth it

Finding agility orbs or hidden orbs will be the only thing that will put you over the top

Also got myself down to 5 orbs left and I do not believe I am going to find them. The game bugged out when hunting and fought the security boss again lel

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Having a ton of fun and so cool I can make a vanguard

Charge (lvl 3 strength) nova (ground pound level 2 strength) Cryo Ammo shotgun (Cryo shotgun) and SMG tempest (machine pistol)

So fun using those even though there are more poweful weapons SMG in particular. Also Charge (forget in game name I think of it as charge) has very long range and a very short cooldown. Hint for charging: Lock on to aim and a red outline will surround the enemy is in range. It does a ton of damage and shotgun is useful to freeze tough enemies

I like playing that with incendiary grenades (very useful eg for the big shield carriers and if target is immune to cryo) and the arc projector (the electric gun you start with)

So cool this game.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you already beat all of the races, you get very minimal experience from completing them again.
You can create a new world and collect agility orbs again, however.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Collecting orbs really is the funnest part about this game. Everything else feels like Agents of Mayhem Pt. 2

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing since yesterday and sadly I'm having trouble finding the fun. I enjoyed Crackdown well enough back in the day but felt there was a lot of untapped potential even back then. This seems to not only fail to evolve that formula in most ways, but also feels lile it takes a few steps back in some areas.

I can't get into it, it's really too bad. I wish missions were more varied, I wish it looked better, I wish the movement felt smoother, I wish world traversal felt more challenging in its platforming. I wish the game had some sort of way to gain momentum and keep it through skillful play in traversal. I wish animations and controls didn't feel as rigid. There's just so many shortcomings that I'm finding it hard to have fun, and I wasn't expecting a masterpiece...

stillwrapped

Banned
Aug 15, 2018
??
So this game froze during a rooftop race and I had to restart the game but now all I get is a black screen after the intro logos.
Anyone else have this?

Edit: fixed it. I had to try and run a different game. Then close it out and run crackdown again and it worked.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Played it on gamepass... its Extremely disappointing. Looks and feels like an Xbox 360 game(okay not really, but it looks and feels 100% like a last gen game), constant frame tearing on Original XB1, terrible choppy animation (warping to car doors when entering them) bad textures and shadows on og XB1 and overall poor quality audio. (Sound effects are Frequently cut out by OTHER sound effects... Ill post an example in a bit)

Feels like an indie developed game, not a AAA title 5+ years in the making.

The vertical play is bad, climbing and jumping is hampered by bad ledge layout and detection. (For example, you miss about 50% of the ledges you should be able to hang on, as well as the fact that the building designs are laid out in a way that you constantly hit overhangs or ourcroppings above you while trying to jump or climb upwards.)

Draw distance once again is a problem, you cant climb up high and scout for agility orbs as they wont show up in the distance unless they are directly around you (maybe 50-100 in-game yard radius?) This is a budget game at best, but even if you get it free with gamepass that isnt enough for me to keep the game.