• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
i wish the x had a 60fps mode, while perfectly serviceable at 30 ( been doing orb cleanup on the x), did most of the campaign on pc at 60 and it just felt that much better

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Time to go back to this game again and collect all the orbs, kinda wish the draw distance of the orbs were higher :p
theres times when i can see the green glow of the orb before the orb even comes into view its goofy lol

wish there was something like a heat map you could unlock when your agility was high enough to root out where the orbs are. I dont mind hopping around the dense city areas, but when Im missing like one in The Refinery and that area is 70% ground its such a chore to hunt the last one down

louis89

Jun 11, 2018
Tokyo
I saw a lot of people complaining about Ngata - did anyone else do what I did? I died a bunch of times and then decided to just drop in from the ceiling, land on one of the red pillars on the side, and rocket him until he died. You're invincible because you're too high for any of the enemy AI to even know you're there, but you're still close enough to lock on. Total cheese.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
it seems like a conscious choice - cars get verrrry far away before they fade out, and it never pulls the 1/2 frame rate updates i always expect.

but i totally agree, another's 100 yards even would be great

Man, at this point (600~ agility orbs) I'm taking even 10 more yards! lol

theres times when i can see the green glow of the orb before the orb even comes into view its goofy lol

wish there was something like a heat map you could unlock when your agility was high enough to root out where the orbs are. I dont mind hopping around the dense city areas, but when Im missing like one in The Refinery and that area is 70% ground its such a chore to hunt the last one down

They should implement something like the ping system from Crackdown 2, but I'd take the heat system, could work when you have at least a level 5 agility agent.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Beat the game. Is there any more cosmetic change for ability level 6?

I really really wish I could have unlocked that black suit in the agent preview tab. Such a simple option they should have added.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Free Bonus DLC Pack is now available: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NGVWMLM4T51

Includes:
Quackhammer Weapon
Jaxon's Ultimate Suit
Linebacker Vehicle
Ooh, thanks.

I saw a lot of people complaining about Ngata - did anyone else do what I did? I died a bunch of times and then decided to just drop in from the ceiling, land on one of the red pillars on the side, and rocket him until he died. You're invincible because you're too high for any of the enemy AI to even know you're there, but you're still close enough to lock on. Total cheese.
Yeah, I mentioned doing the same thing a few pages back.

So I started a new game on the highest setting and managed to knock off the bosses fairly easy. Level 6 explosives and melee are definitely your friend.

louis89

Jun 11, 2018
Tokyo
According to the achievements, 56% of players haven't gotten any skill to level 3. The game doesn't really start getting fun until you can do big jumps and I worry that people aren't experiencing it properly and are writing it off too early :( Crackdown 1 had a demo where skill upgrades were accelerated, so you could get agility up pretty fast and start to *get* the game. I feel like this might have helped here.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
How long does it take to "beat the game"? This is my first Crackdown game and I don't really know what I am doing. I've just been running around the map going to things and killing bad guys, collecting agility points.. Is there a story mode? Any help would be nice.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
None of my weapons are doing damage to these drones
I think the SMG and pistol (I found this super neat hand cannon in some underground area) worked really well for me.
According to the achievements, 56% of players haven't gotten any skill to level 3. The game doesn't really start getting fun until you can do big jumps and I worry that people aren't experiencing it properly and are writing it off too early :( Crackdown 1 had a demo where skill upgrades were accelerated, so you could get agility up pretty fast and start to *get* the game. I feel like this might have helped here.
Yeah, that's what I think too. Someone earlier mentioned the idea if it would've been smart to have you enjoy a fully-powered agent for a bit in the beginning. Maybe that could do the trick in the next game? Or, say, half-powered?
How long does it take to "beat the game"? This is my first Crackdown game and I don't really know what I am doing. I've just been running around the map going to things and killing bad guys, collecting agility points.. Is there a story mode? Any help would be nice.
Just go with the flow basically. Do whatever you wanna do. The "story missions", AFAIK, are taking down the bosses. Usually, you have to fulfill prerequisites to activate (or weaken?) them (which seems new compared to the old games actually). But, like Breath of the Wild (never played it, but that's what I hear) it let's you choose your own path and you can try killing the main villain pretty early on.

Make sure you level your agent though for more fun! Seriously. Agility and strength, in particular (IMO), make suuuuch a difference.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I forgot just how damn addictive orb hunting is. I'm having so much genuine fun with this game. I feel like so many of the reviews and people shitting on it are completely missing the point of what Crackdown is.

Deleted member 50761

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Just go with the flow basically. Do whatever you wanna do. The "story missions", AFAIK, are taking down the bosses. Usually, you have to fulfill prerequisites to activate (or weaken?) them (which seems new compared to the old games actually). But, like Breath of the Wild (never played it, but that's what I hear) it let's you choose your own path and you can try killing the main villain pretty early on.

Make sure you level your agent though for more fun! Seriously. Agility and strength, in particular (IMO), make suuuuch a difference.

Ah ok, cool. That's my kinda game (loved BotW) so i'll just carry on doing what i've been doing. I'm the kind of player who likes to get OP as hell then ends up beating the boss easily haha.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Ah ok, cool. That's my kinda game (loved BotW) so i'll just carry on doing what i've been doing. I'm the kind of player who likes to get OP as hell then ends up beating the boss easily haha.
Well then Crackdown is for you haha. Just level like crazy and you're gonna have a blast!
For agility orbs, I like to just go to a high place, spot a few, map out a potential route, and go with the flow from there.

Jan 22, 2018
I forgot just how damn addictive orb hunting is. I'm having so much genuine fun with this game. I feel like so many of the reviews and people shitting on it are completely missing the point of what Crackdown is.
Orb hunting is fun until you have 1 orb left to find and you spend 10 hours looking for it to no avail. :( I'm not exaggerating either!

I agree about the reviews; they seem overly harsh. Crackdown 3 is what I would expect from a Crackdown game. No, it doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it has the core aspects that make Crackdown fun and, for me, that's enough.

Deleted member 50761

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Well then Crackdown is for you haha. Just level like crazy and you're gonna have a blast!
For agility orbs, I like to just go to a high place, spot a few, map out a potential route, and go with the flow from there.
I spent about an hour this morning just collecting agility orbs, just hit level 3! I'm hoping to max out all the abilities, would you say agility is the best to focus on?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Played it on gamepass... its Extremely disappointing. Looks and feels like an Xbox 360 game(okay not really, but it looks and feels 100% like a last gen game), constant frame tearing on Original XB1, terrible choppy animation (warping to car doors when entering them) bad textures and shadows on og XB1 and overall poor quality audio. (Sound effects are Frequently cut out by OTHER sound effects... Ill post an example in a bit)

Feels like an indie developed game, not a AAA title 5+ years in the making.

The vertical play is bad, climbing and jumping is hampered by bad ledge layout and detection. (For example, you miss about 50% of the ledges you should be able to hang on, as well as the fact that the building designs are laid out in a way that you constantly hit overhangs or ourcroppings above you while trying to jump or climb upwards.)

Draw distance once again is a problem, you cant climb up high and scout for agility orbs as they wont show up in the distance unless they are directly around you (maybe 50-100 in-game yard radius?) This is a budget game at best, but even if you get it free with gamepass that isnt enough for me to keep the game.

Sounds to me like you aren't approaching the buildings properly tbh. Some buildings do have overhangs - which means you either need to upgrade your ability so that you can jump/thrust around the obstacles, or find another way up. If your missing 50% of your the ledges you try to climb, it's Definately user error - the game is rather generous when you get close to ledges.

I spent about an hour this morning just collecting agility orbs, just hit level 3! I'm hoping to max out all the abilities, would you say agility is the best to focus on?

Don't neglect strength. Melee combat is a weakspot in this game, but stick with it early on because added resilience and being able to pickup and throw heavy objects really opens up the combat.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds to me like you aren't approaching the buildings properly tbh. Some buildings do have overhangs - which means you either need to upgrade your ability so that you can jump/thrust around the obstacles, or find another way up. If your missing 50% of your the ledges you try to climb, it's Definately user error - the game is rather generous when you get close to ledges.

Generous? I've started falling off dozens of buildings because it didn't grab an easy ledge. The system in place is not flawless. Those first few hours before level 4/5 agility where fustrating as hell before I learned to just say fuck it, if I have to wall climb and not jump, i should just be somehwere else until im a jumping god

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Started CD3 yesterday. Dropped and Hour or two. Yup, thats some Crackdown ass Crackdown. Seems good so far. Nothing spectacular but a solid sequel for fans that liked the Crackdown formula.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Generous? I've started falling off dozens of buildings because it didn't grab an easy ledge. The system in place is not flawless. Those first few hours before level 4/5 agility where fustrating as hell before I learned to just say fuck it, if I have to wall climb and not jump, i should just be somehwere else until im a jumping god

Not my experience at all. If anything, I've grabbed on to too many ledges I had no intention of grabbing in the middle of a fight.

When your close to a ledge, even if you've exhausted all of your jump thrust, the agent will often clamber the remaining distance.

When moving laterally to a ledge, I don't think I've ever missed one so long as the front of my agents body hit it. In fact, that was a common strat of mine to avoid over shooting propaganda tower platforms - just face where the platform will be, then use thruster to slam horizontally into it and grab it - worked 100% of the time.

That said, there are some areas you aren't supposed to reach until you get your skills higher.

Last edited:

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they add a way to help finding the remaining orbs. Some of the areas are too big to rely on the orb sound. And they should also rebalance a couple of the bosses, which have clear difficulty spikes. Perhaps they were balanced for coop, but in single player it just feels like smaller enemies are constantly spawning on top of you, while the bosses in question keep pounding on you.

In the sequel I'd love to see more of your moveset used during boss fights. They missed an opportunity to include platforming and maybe even driving.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those first few hours before level 4/5 agility where fustrating as hell before I learned to just say fuck it, if I have to wall climb and not jump, i should just be somehwere else until im a jumping god
You know, this is not a bad thing actually. It's kind of the point of the game too. There are some places you don't have easy access to until you level up, similar to how some open world games have higher level enemies in areas you don't want to stay in early on. This design makes it really fun to revisit areas to conquer them; it's very rewarding.

It just seems like you might need a perspective change and a more open attitude. And I don't mean that as a slight against you, just a friendly suggestion.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they add a way to help finding the remaining orbs. Some of the areas are too big to rely on the orb sound. And they should also rebalance a couple of the bosses, which have clear difficulty spikes. Perhaps they were balanced for coop, but in single player it just feels like smaller enemies are constantly spawning on top of you, while the bosses in question keep pounding on you.

In the sequel I'd love to see more of your moveset used during boss fights. They missed an opportunity to include platforming and maybe even driving.

I can agree with this, I find very little motivation to use my agent car (or any car for that matter). More enemies and bosses that require you to give chase would be good for the platforming and driving aspects of this game.

Speaking of ngata, Ive failed a few times already and will probably cheese him today. I'm going to try to find the shield gadget first (there is one right?), and see if that's my missing tool. Co-op sounds like it would be much better, as one player could keep the grunts in check while the other focuses on the boss.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of ngata, Ive failed a few times already and will probably cheese him today.

Yeah, the problem is not so much that he's difficult, it's that he's uncharacteristically difficult in comparison to the rest of the game. It's such an obvious spike. As is the final boss, but it should be easy to rebalance them and those aside I found the difficulty well balanced.

I'm going to try to find the shield gadget first (there is one right?)

There's a healing field, I used at Ngata. Don't think there's a shield gadget or if there is, I didn't use or find it. I mostly used grenades, instead of gadgets. Don't remember if I'm missing any gadgets, only that I'm missing the final car.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else had trouble starting the game yesterday? Couldn't get past the title screen, so I just gave up and played DMC4 instead.

I had a lot of trouble this morning. I resumed my session from last night, and it froze 5 minutes in. I restarted the app, and it never made it to the title screen. I hard reset the Xbox and made it to the top menu before it crashed again. Then I did a soft reboot and it worked.

I only got to play for 10 of the 30 minutes I had planned before work :(

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I can agree with this, I find very little motivation to use my agent car (or any car for that matter). More enemies and bosses that require you to give chase would be good for the platforming and driving aspects of this game.

Speaking of ngata, Ive failed a few times already and will probably cheese him today. I'm going to try to find the shield gadget first (there is one right?), and see if that's my missing tool. Co-op sounds like it would be much better, as one player could keep the grunts in check while the other focuses on the boss.
the shield/vertical boost gadgets from wrecking crew arent in the campaign (to my disappointment i was looking forward to having the vert boost)

Oct 25, 2017
I had a lot of trouble this morning. I resumed my session from last night, and it froze 5 minutes in. I restarted the app, and it never made it to the title screen. I hard reset the Xbox and made it to the top menu before it crashed again. Then I did a soft reboot and it worked.

I only got to play for 10 of the 30 minutes I had planned before work :(
At least it's not my PC, I guess! Good to know.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
the shield/vertical boost gadgets from wrecking crew arent in the campaign (to my disappointment i was looking forward to having the vert boost)

That sucks. I just ran across some rocket juggernauts this morning that were using shields and really fucking me up. I figured if they can have it I would be able to as well... Just like the health regen gadget

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017

What difficulty are you on?

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I am fighting a bad cold. Last night I fell asleep and my white noise machine kept waking me up.....I swear it was making the Orb sound! I did not tell my wife that though.....she would probably lock me up.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This game gets better the more I play it. I just need to scale the science centre and do a few more propaganda towers before I take on Niemand and I've really enjoyed almost every minute. I dare say, I kind of... love Crackdown 3.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
This game gets better the more I play it. I just need to scale the science centre and do a few more propaganda towers before I take on Niemand and I've really enjoyed almost every minute. I dare say, I kind of... love Crackdown 3.

Yep, it is one of the few games recently that I keep thinking about wanting to play more of. And I freaking heard the sound of an orb in my head when in the shower this morning, which was a little strange obviously :)

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
So I am fighting a bad cold. Last night I fell asleep and my white noise machine kept waking me up.....I swear it was making the Orb sound! I did not tell my wife that though.....she would probably lock me up.
AA-Meetings-Part-2-400x209.jpg

Take a seat... I hear it in my fan at night...

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I really like Crackdosn 3. I would've paid $30 dollars just for the campaign. I'm thinking about beating it again and using the cars more because I rarely used them in my first playthrough.

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO

First time I'm reading about a white noise machine, by the way, is it to cancel out lower noises that can disrupt the silence and wake you up during the night? First thing I thought of.

Oct 27, 2017
Hit Max/6.0 on agility yesterday which opens up the game in different ways. I should probably get to the boss fights as I don't think I've done any of them yet.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
I'm stuck at the final boss fight...

There's just too much shit going on, mobs are everywhere, and there are canisters sending out some kind of shit that's just chewing up my health.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO

First time I'm reading about a white noise machine, by the way, is it to cancel out lower noises that can disrupt the silence and wake you up during the night? First thing I thought of.

Yes exactly! I used to use a fan. It makes for a VERY cold winter in the room. It makes other noises to, like a fan. I can not sleep in total silence and these are SOOOOO good.