• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Having played last night my 4K panel, I had no issues with stuttering at locked 60. (Horrendous framepacing unlocked or at locked 120)

Today I boot it up and can't get it to display proper full screen withough some imaginary stretch. It displays about the left 50% of the screen, and everything is a greenish tiny. Also just realized there's no borderless window. Bordered window displays fine.

Anyone with this issue?

Edit: restarted my machine after the fame crashed. Seems fine now in borderless full screen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Having played last night my 4K panel, I had no issues with stuttering at locked 60. (Horrendous framepacing unlocked or at locked 120)

Today I boot it up and can't get it to display proper full screen withough some imaginary stretch. It displays about the left 50% of the screen, and everything is a greenish tiny. Also just realized there's no borderless window. Bordered window displays fine.

Anyone with this issue?

"Fullscreen" in WinStore games always refers to borderless fullscreen specifically as exclusive fullscreen is not supported by UWP.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Saw great performance improvement by turning down foliage distance a notch. i7 8700 with 1080ti playing at 4K.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I was getting a ton of stuttering, but locking it to 60 seemed to have helped. For some reason the menus are super laggy though, it's not game breaking but it's really annoying.

Jumpy-B-L

Feb 16, 2019
Stutters every few seconds. Mouse feels pretty awful, not smooth at all. Controller feels much better.

Stuttering seems related to certain screen space reflections flashing/flickering at the same time.

1080ti with latest drivers. Async on or off makes no difference.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried the PvP (Haven't played Campaign yet) Ran well on high settings getting 80-90 FPS but there was some stutters. Will see how it is in the campaign, might just try to lockdown to 60FPS and see if that'll fix the issue.

Ryzen 5 1400 @ 3.6GHz
RX 570 4GB OC
8GB RAM

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
please, how do I change the voice to english ? I'm playing with audio dubbed to PT-BR.
I would like to play with the original voices in English
Annoyingly, UWP games still don't seem to have a setting as obvious as language. And then MS is wondering why we prefer Steam.
The only way for us with non english OS to enjoy the games in the original English language is by changing the regional or time format Windows settings to english.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I just did the 2$ game pass deal not knowing if I could run this game. It booted up fine but when I start the campaign I am not getting the voice audio in the opening cut-scene like its incredibly muted and sometimes pops in.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB)
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Doing "Detect settings" defaulted everything to Ultra except for, oddly enough, vehicle textures, which were set to "Low." During the tutorial the game seemed to mostly stay at 60fps, but I'd constantly get micro-stutter every few seconds (mainly while in motion). I appreciate the very detailed performance report for identifying bottlenecks, but every time it'd stutter, it would either be a different meter turning red for one frame, or it would be all three at once.

Pushed everything down to the medium preset, micro-stutters have been minimized somewhat, but are still present. The game drops below 60fps in a few places, too. Also, medium settings basically make the game look like Crackdown 1.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown-3-1440p.png

https://wccftech.com/crackdown-3-pc-performance-explored/

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
My performance are nowhere near close this ! i have to lowered a lot of things to get a close 60fps with my 1080ti at 4k. ( it should be the same as the 2080)

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017

I ended up locking to 30fps so I could bump up the settings to high. Still getting some stutter (as you can probably tell) but it's acceptable.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a ton of stutter and drops after beating the tutorial. Supposdly the nvidia experience optimized it but uhh i think i gotta drop some settings.

Kinoli

Nov 27, 2017
i5 6600k
RX 570 8GB
1440p/60 with all in high settings except textures in ultra
I don't have any stuttering on a SSD.

Last edited:

Necrocorpse

Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
I like the game and it's arcadey simplicity. Playing the game makes me miss Infamous Second Son though. Game stutters frequently regardless of the graphic options be it either on low or ultra ([email protected] + GTX 1080 overclocked as much as it goes). Seems like it's related to asset streaming or some other i/o process I guess. I have the game on separate SSD and Win10 is on another SSD and these should be in optimal configuration. I think the nvidia shader cache is saved on the system SSD. Maybe it could help if I change the user 'temp' directory variable to somewhere else and use a third available disk for those only. Random guessing.

However, there has been lot of Win10 updates and I haven't double checked my system settings and all the drivers (like chipset drivers and such) - maybe something has been overwritten by the automatic updates. You never know about this operating system...

I default to 60 fps but sometimes 30 fps is great as well. I tried that too but then the frame pacing is out of whack. On PC I'm unable to get nice 30 fps no matter what I do with nvidia control panel or rivatuner. Shouldn't be this hard but I guess it is. Just need to live with the stutters then I guess. Also: how do I add UWP game to Rivatuner? I added the shortcut but it doesn't seem to work so I used the global setting instead. This doesn't necessarily matter that much as I thought it would be probably best to default everything and let the game handle vsync and frame limiting.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018
Necrocorpse RTSS can't see UWP games, I had the same issue and also found the global setting worked fine. An alternative is using Nvidia Control Panel. That does detect UWP games (choose from the recent games list instead of searching manually), and Nvidia Vsync options do produce good frame time results by and large. You can see by using RTSS global to see the frame time graph.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
It probably had its own thread, but Digital Foundry did their own analysis and even with an SSD and I think a 2080 Ti they brought up Crackdown 3's stuttering problem.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
There was a patch today, Sumo specifically called out addressing the stuttering issue. Feels more consistent for me now for sure.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
yeah the campaign feels much better. less stuttery but it still exists though it's less frequent and less intrusive now.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Does the dynamic res in the game even work? Doesn't seems to do anything with it on or off.