• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
This. I've known how bad this game was probably going to be based on the development history, but gaming is my hobby so I can laugh.

Imagine being a relatively casual gamer, getting a new Xbox One X, setting it up, and then taking this Microsoft published game for a spin as your first foray into 4k gaming. Sheesh...
Wait, you saying Gamepass is bad?

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
This. I've known how bad this game was probably going to be based on the development history, but gaming is my hobby so I can laugh.

Imagine being a relatively casual gamer, getting a new Xbox One X, setting it up, and then taking this Microsoft published game for a spin as your first foray into 4k gaming. Sheesh...
But what that casual gamer end up find it pretty fun?

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read who i replied to and you will get my point. And no i am not wrong.
Wait, i will do it:
I played/am playing Forza Horizon 4, GT Sport and Driveclub. Driveclub is the worst out of these - not even close.
That's like saying Allen Iverson sucks because he is no Jordan or Magic. Driveclub has its place.
I had fun with that game but, for me at least, it's still not close to other racers this gen.
Same as SoT, i think Driveclub is still lacking to this day. Better is not the same as good
I believe if u were to do a poll now, many would consider it to be good. It's a good game because of the updates. It had a poor launch but the constant updates made it like a cult classic.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
The score is a lower than I expected, but the reviews themselves are exactly in line with what they have shown us until now. The game delivered the promised if you did not overhype yourself.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
this was Microsofts big change to outsell the PS4, but they blew it. fire everyone.

That's some meaty hyperbole/roasty sarcasm but I don't think that's what people wanted, People just want good games and Xbox's first party has been completely abysmal this gen. Outside of the Forza franchise that is...the thirst is very much real.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Sounds like they made another crack down and it's solid in that respect. However I think people are finally realizing the original was a very simple game even for its time. By modern standards it falls quite short but If more classic crackdown is all you want then I imagine you'll have a good time.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty rough. Been having fun with the 2 hours or so I've played so far. Definitely something to check out with game pass.

LaTasse

Nov 7, 2017
Same with Sony who released the order and drive club......

Come on, during those years Sony released both a new Killzone and infamous second son who are not only in the 80's on metacritic but also look one generation ahead from Crackdown 3.

I'm just trying to understand why Microsoft quality output is so uneven with Forza being the exception. It's like they struggle to release games in the 70's score.
I think we have the right to except much more from a company like Microsoft especially when Sony and Nintendo did really great those last years.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Honestly, I have to be blunt: this result is unacceptable. After how long this game has been in development and the constant delays, the game absolutely needed to be better.

Oct 27, 2017
Asterix & Obelix? Seriously :D They are among the most well known comic book characters ever.

I loved the Asterix & Obelix books as a kid (and learnt a few bits and pieces of Roman/Gaulish history from them), but I wonder if your familiarity with the characters varies by nationality. I'm from the UK, but I wonder how successful the books were over in the USA, for instance.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I don't like this kind of claims, it's like you lower your expectations just because it's on GamePass
People who have GamePass deserve better

Exactly, just because a game goes to Gamepass doesn't mean it's okay to be medicore/bad. We deserve better. I've been seeing people make a ton of excuses in that same vein when it comes to Gamepass.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are characters in Jump Force that were created after Crackdown 3 started development and that game has a higher metascore.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Wondering why some are arguing about what's 1st party or not. What has that got to do with anything lol

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's the last of Mattricks era, glad its finally out at least .. for a Game Pass game I will definitely check it out.

Shame the series will likely never get a reboot after this. But again that depends on player engagement on GP.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
He still had to answer to two bosses above him, plus Ballmer. There have been several reports of Terry Myerson blocking the investment and resources Xbox needed in favour of Windows. As much as he pushed for change, it was all getting rejected.

All that changed when Satya became CEO and then Phil Spencer became head of Xbox (now gaming) at Microsoft.

Yes Phil Spencer had nothing to do with the games being made in the division he was head of... Nothing to do with Crackdown 3 despite heading the division that made it.

It's not just luck or something like it that in the last year Microsoft has acquired 5 studios, opened a new one in Santa Monica and expanded the existing ones. That was unthinkable in 2011 - 2014. It definitely is a result of Phil Spencer and the rest of the new leadership's efforts in the last 4 years.

They've been forced to pivot by their failures, not because Phil is suddenly a completely different person who is entirely new to the company and their games division.

Acting like this is a lie or an attempt to revision the history of Xbox is just nonsense and narrow-minded.

The narrative pushed by many people, and many people here, is that somehow Spencer had nothing to do with the failures. That is absolutely revisionist history. He was literally head of the studios during the failures. You can try and downplay his position all you want, he wasn't some unrelated third party devoid of any power or authority like people try to make out.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sLtRTWV.png

I think we can assume this is the end of the series.

I doubt MS will use MC as metric to decide the fate of the franchise, they will more likely use CD3 engagement metric.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How? To be first party, you would need to be developed by a first party studio, the Crackdown series hasn't been a first party MS studio.
Nah. Ratchet & Clank is a Sony 1st party game. It's not developed by a Sony owned studio. Same goes for Quantum Break. It's a Microsoft 1st party game. Even tho Remedy isn't a Microsoft owned studio.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda surprised by the low scores, to be honest.

Maybe expectations? I went in expecting not to like it but I've had a blast. I'm not even a huge fan of the original. Had a weirdly good time with this one.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
I am not an Xbox guy, but Crackdown 3 to me striked me as a game that won't do well in reviews, but be a cult hit among the fans. It's probably a fun game once you get past the graphics, and plenty of games full filled that criteria in the past.

It's not a high reviews-bait game.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I would guess in the future (probably incorrectly), if MS isn't confident in their games reviewing at an 8 average, they probably just won't send out review codes.

Can't imagine anyone at MS wants the headache of watching some people race to the bottom, and hyperbolize the hell out of their reviews.

The internal company mantra for worst-case scenarios will be "There's no way this game isn't worth ten dollars."

In the short-term, I still have faith in Ori and Gears, though.
Can't imagine those projects will end up anything like this one.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, both of these games are 2nd party exclusives.
The definition of 1st party is that the studio is owned:
Microsoft doesnt own Sumo
Sony doesnt own Insomniac
Wich makes both 2nd party exclusives!
"2nd party" actually doesn't exist. It's a made up term that people started using years ago. But that's another topic/story. It's 1st party, or 3rd party.
Crackdown 3 is a 1st party game. Same goes for Rachtet & Clank, Quantum Break, Everybody's Golf, ReCore, etc.

SiassaDavid

Jun 15, 2018
Vienna, Austria
despite heading the division that made it.
You know that Phil Spencer did not head Sumo Digital? But jsut saying...

The narrative pushed by many people, and many people here, is that somehow Spencer had nothing to do with the failures. That is absolutely revisionist history. He was literally head of the studios during the failures. You can try and downplay his position all you want, he wasn't some unrelated third party devoid of any power or authority like you're trying to paint.
How can 1 person be responsible with the stuff that went wrong in the beginning of this gen? Stop spreading lies