• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
That's the worst generation for Microsoft in terms of 1st party output. SoT, SoD2, now this. They can buy thousands of studios around the world, but without the talent, time, budget and good management they won't do nothing.
It's 59 now, yikes.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
That's the worst generation for Microsoft in terms of 1st party output. SoT, SoD2, now this. They can buy thousands of studios around the world, but without the talent, time, budget and good management they won't do nothing.
It's 59 now, yikes.
This storyline is a little misguided. Only Sea Of Thieves of those games was made by an Xbox Games Studio and by most accounts it has evolved into a much better game with a fairly large audience.
No way to say they don't have talent when the last game made by an Xbox Game Studio was a 92 metacritic.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
It's 59 now, yikes.

Agree with you. Just give them some time, MS and their first party studios will be back with a bang next gen!

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's 59 now, yikes.

I mean, half the problem here is that Microsoft had shit for studios up until the last year or so. Whether these acquisitions pay off will be clear in 3-5 years, not now.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's 59 now, yikes.

These post are so misleading. Sea Of Thieves is a game by Rare that hade a huge success, by the way. State Of Decay 2 is a mid-budget game. Crackdown 3 had a troubled development. Microsoft had issues with their first party but they are visibily working on it. Games don't get made in days, the results will be visible in years' time. And let's not act like Microsoft had no good games this generation, because while they may not have won a lot of GOTY awards, they still released multiple excellent Forza games (including Forza Horizon 4 and 3, 2 of the highest rated racers of the decade), Halo 5 with an incredible multiplayer, Gears 4 that got insane post-launch support and that is by far the best the series has been at this point, plus "hidden gems" like Sunset Overdrive (Metacritic reception wasn't stellar but people crave a sequel, and Spider-Man being essentially an evolution of the concept testifies this), Quantum Break (people are hyped about Control which is like Quantum Break 2.0), Ori and the Blind Forest (one of the finest metroidvanias ever made), Cuphead (unique and quality indie selling millions of copies), Killer Instinct (one of the better fighters of the early gen), they own Minecraft (still like a hundred million players per month), and so on.

Everybody knows Microsoft has (had?) a first party issue. But Crackdown 3 is just the last game of an era that didn't go well, a game coming out from development hell after being passed around by multiple studios, finally releasing with outdated tech and a quickly put together multiplayer. It was never going to be amazing, it's fun for what it is but even the most optimistic fans didn't expect it to go beyond the 70s. Making the game's result into a broader "Microsoft's games are bad" is a bit disingenous, i'd be akin to trashing Sony for The Last Guardian's development.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I never played the first one.

I'm ODDLY INTO THIS GAME.

You can't beat free I guess with my Game Pass sub, which to me, is a game-changer in this industry.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
These post are so misleading
But they are not.
Sea Of Thieves is a game by Rare that hade a huge success, by the way. State Of Decay 2 is a mid-budget game. Crackdown 3 had a troubled development.
Gamers don't have to care about these ''excuses''.
And let's not act like Microsoft had no good games this generation
Nobody said that, i said that's the worst generation for Microsoft in terms of 1st party output (games made by 2nd party developers are also considered as 1st party), which is true.

Games don't get made in days, the results will be visible in years' time.
This kind of posts reminds me of
thumb_have-some-goddamn-faith-jesus-rebukes-his-disciples-for-their-38481701.png
, lol. But yeah, only time will show us the results.

Maxi

Oct 25, 2017
I've played a few hours and it all feels like a spin off game, dlc package or cross-gen title. Think of the likes of Saints Row Gat out of Hell.

Some of the guns feel decent as does jumping around still but the world feels pretty dead and they don't do enough with the sandbox they have created. My personal pet peeve with the game is you are constantly getting shot, like all the time something is shooting you from one side or another and with the awkward auto lock on plus lackluster AI it can get very frustrating.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They are when you cherrypick three games with a lower reception among others that went in the 90s, the 80s or high 70s :P But yeah, we can agree on the fact that whatever Microsoft is planning currently, it's only really going to come into proper fruition come next-gen. Until then we'll have to pass the time, so to speak, albeit there will be a mainline Gears, a Halo, possibly another Forza, a Battletoads, etc. in this generation.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
I made a point earlier about gamepass but I think it might be in ms' best interest to not put these weak efforts out for sales at $60

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I made a point earlier about gamepass but I think it might be in ms' best interest to not put these weak efforts out for sales at $60
I agree, but that's the thing with CD3, it was far from a weak effort, MS put a lot of time and money behind it. It's a AAA game despite the end result being far from what's expected from AAA games.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
I'll bet that it will get higher then 4/10 on Edge.
Yes? Or are you going to back down?

Lmao what? How can I be backing down when I've never said anything about Edge giving CD3 4/10 and below, because not even I have a good idea if they'll score it below 4 🤔 These are the same people that just recently gave 'Below' an 8 after all lol

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually quite enjoying it.

Some more mission variety wouldn't go amiss, but the exploration/orb hunting/platforming/combat loop is quite satisfying.

Wedginald

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Lol, this thread was an amazing read, some of the utter insanity that people posted was wild. The game looks like an utter piece of crap, but god bless Crackdown for providing us with this thread. Poor Terry.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what to say about this post.
Do you love Playstation because Crackdown 3 did poorly on Metacritic?

Please, let's leave the console wars for a while. It's good for Sony and Nintendo too that Microsoft does good games.

Sorry guys, I got banned (deservedly) for a week because I didn't elucidate my comment and thought well enough.

I just meant that when it comes to exclusives, time after time, it seems MS disappoints. They have done amazingly well with recovering on the hardware front, but their software is sorely lacking. This is something I know they are heavily investing in to improve next gen.

PlayStation is just my preference right now because their exclusives and their strategy speak to me on a better level and I haven't been let down at all by them this gen or last.

Sure, MS doing well is good for everyone and the industry. I hope they come out guns blazing next gen.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry guys, I got banned (deservedly) for a week because I didn't elucidate my comment and thought well enough.

I just meant that when it comes to exclusives, time after time, it seems MS disappoints. They have done amazingly well with recovering on the hardware front, but their software is sorely lacking. This is something I know they are heavily investing in to improve next gen.

PlayStation is just my preference right now because their exclusives and their strategy speak to me on a better level and I haven't been let down at all by them this gen or last.

Sure, MS doing well is good for everyone and the industry. I hope they come out guns blazing next gen.
Fair enough.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty dishearted by the reviews to be honest. Many of the "improvements" expected by the press and some gamers wouldn't benefit the Crackdown formula at all. It's an action platformer at heart. Those are it's contemporaries - not RDR2 or Spider-Man.

Mediocre graphically, perhaps... But gameplay wise, it's top notch. I can't put it down.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Lol, this thread was an amazing read, some of the utter insanity that people posted was wild. The game looks like an utter piece of crap, but god bless Crackdown for providing us with this thread. Poor Terry.

It's really not an 'utter piece of crap' though. It's good fun, if unambitious. This is why I dislike talking about games on the interwebz.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My favorite part of Crackdown 3 was uninstalling it after the credits rolled. My second favorite part is that they hired someone as awesome as Terry Crews and made all of his in-game dialogue too quiet for me to hear.

I think the reviews are fair for this, although I personally would rate it even a bit lower than the current 60 it has. FWIW, I loved the first Crackdown and even had a good time with the sequel.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to love this. I really did. The original Crackdown was one of my favourites on the 360.

But this is...well....just totally and utterly average. In every sense. Been there, seen that, done that. There is no spark, no life. Already uninstalled and I won't be going back.

All Crackdown 3 does is make me really want a sequel to Sunset Overdrive.
This is where I'm at. This seems like a last gen game, which is REALLY disappointing.

The controls are really bothering me. In crackdown 1 i never had an issue with controls where as in 3 it feels like my agent just won't stick to edges so I can climb. This is a huge issue in a game with such verticality.