• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
The critics really turned on this franchise based on these reviews. It's apparently not exciting anymore.

I wonder if the public will react similarly.

This metascore is even lower than I expected, but poor reviews didn't stop State of Decay and Sea of Thieves from being mildly successful.

Still a disappointing outcome.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree h3avily with these reviews. Way too harsh, and sounds like they're coming from people who think everything need to be AAAA all the time.

The game is perfect for gamespass. I wouldn't pay 60 for it, but I've almost played through it now, and I'm glad I did. It's relentless, fun and exhausting. You hardly ever stand still and you're always levelling up something.

It's fun in the way ReCore was fun. It's a video game that doesn't try to be anything but an arcadey game , and it succeeds. It doesn't need to be more than what it is.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we imagine if CD3 was released in 2017 as Xbox One X launch title?
With more than 1 year extra development time, the game managed to be 60s.
If it were released in 2017, man, I don't want to think about it....

Still so disappointed one of my favorite franchise got destroyed like this...

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
No way in hell to really quantify this, but I would bet good money that development on what we ended up getting was way more constrained than the half decade since it was announced.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Nah. Ratchet & Clank is a Sony 1st party game. It's not developed by a Sony owned studio. Same goes for Quantum Break. It's a Microsoft 1st party game. Even tho Remedy isn't a Microsoft owned studio.

It just doesn't make sense, we know that MS has never put a MS studio on this IP. It just wouldn't make sense to call it first party if not of your first party studios haven't touched the IP before.

Sony doesn't own Ready at dawn studio but they still got shit on for The Order 1886.
Crackdown is a first party IP. It was their choice to give the IP to sumo.

MS will catch flak for this, 5 years and not a lot to show for it? I doubt people are going to be happy.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
sLtRTWV.png

I think we can assume this is the end of the series.
I honestly believe that if it weren't for the whole cloud computing gimmick MS was touting when this game was announced, Crackdown 3 wouldn't have been greenlit in the first place.

A mediocre series whose corpse was hamstrung for the sake of being a tech demo for tech that never got off the ground, went into development hell and turned out to be well, mediocre. Mild shock.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Crackdown is still first party because Microsoft owns the IP.
And even if they didn't own the IP, so long as they're the ones funding and publishing it, it's still first party. Sony doesn't own Spider-Man, Nintendo doesn't own Bayonetta 2 and Microsoft doesn't own Sunset Overdrive but all three are still first party games.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joseph Staten must be very sad. 2 games from him this generation, Recore and Crackdown 3, were not well received.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Can we imagine if CD3 was released in 2017 as Xbox One X launch title?
With more than 1 year extra development time, the game managed to be 60s.
If it were released in 2017, man, I don't want to think about it....

Still so disappointed one of my favorite franchise got destroyed like this...

You've already played Crackdown 3? This is also one of my favorite franchises, and it looks like more of the same Crackdown we both love. So why do you think it was "destroyed?"

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
For me this game looked average from the beginning (well, after they removed the total destruction) and it seems that I was right.

A lot of us were right. What boggles my mind is, we are not developers, but people who over saw the game didn't raise any hands and say, maybe this gameplay is dated?

Maybe we should rethink and try to make something better? They could have honestly made something like red faction guerrilla with mild destruction, but with a more lively city, and made getting powers and jumping around more interesting.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It just doesn't make sense, we know that MS has never put a MS studio on this IP. It just wouldn't make sense to call it first party if not of your first party studios haven't touched the IP before.
Your are making same weird rules up. Microsoft funded the game. They even own the IP. It doesn't matter who developed it.
It's a Microsoft 1st party game.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
A lot of us were right. What boggles my mind is, we are not developers, but people who over saw the game didn't raise any hands and say, maybe this gameplay is dated?

Maybe we should rethink and try to make something better? They could have honestly made something like red faction guerrilla with mild destruction, but with a more lively city, and made getting powers and jumping around more interesting.
Huh, from what I remember RFG is just random open world missions you do over and over until you have destroyed everything. And that would be better than what CD3 has to offer??

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You've already played Crackdown 3? This is also one of my favorite franchises, and it looks like more of the same Crackdown we both love. So why do you think it was "destroyed?"

No, i didn't and I cannot wait to play it.
What I mean about "destroyed" is the opportunity of Crackdown as an IP get more loves, growning fanbase, etc. is destroyed.
And such low review score will make many players stay away from it, even it is on XGP.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Disappointed that this game reviewed even worse than many people's already lowered expectations. Even though this is an early XBO title and I do hope that Microsoft and other studios are going to be on a stronger footing going forward, they have a lot to prove to me personally before I jump whole-heatedly into their ecosystem.

Gamepass is great but at this point in my life, my time is more important than having lots of games at my disposal to play.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
"Correcting" me while they are wrong? Crackdown 3 is a Microsoft 1st party game. If you like it or not. Don't know what your problem is actually.
People have a really hard time wrapping their head around the definition of first party. I don't get it.

CRACKDOWN 3 IS FIRST PARTY

That said, doom and gloom around Microsoft Studios is not exactly warranted. The majority of work was done by outside studios, and Microsoft biggest failure was likely not supporting the title with a decent budget, or changing producers and such to where the creative process became jumbled.

Or my theory which is everyone's insight is too low to see Crackdown's true glory.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be shocked if we see another. Should they have just canned this years ago and saved the money and bad press from these reviews? They must have decided the press from Canning the game would be worse, especially after Scalebound.
Probably depends more on how much the game is played and what kind of support it gets. I doubt metacritic scores mean much to people who already paid for the game via gamepass. Sea of Thieves reviewed similarly and is still growing.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Glad I'm getting this on Game Pass.

Granted, I don't buy hardly any games day one anymore. Only games I got at launch (and didn't rely on Game Pass) in the last 2 years were Horizon 4, RDR2, and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Spidey isn't first party. Sony literally owns no part of the title. That's like saying KH is a Square Enix game.
"Marvel's Spider-Man" is a trademark of SIE. They own that specific Spider-Man game. No one could make a sequel to that game unless it is Sony or someone with Sony's permission. It is funded and published by Sony. That's a first party game.

You and everyone else saying it's not a first party game are way off base.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I overestimated this game with my high 60 and low 70 prediction. Lower than State and Decay and Sea of Thieves.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Spidey isn't first party. Sony literally owns no part of the title. That's like saying KH is a Square Enix game.

Spider-Man is a first party game
And Sony owns the Spider-Man IP for gaming via a licensing contract with Marvel

Someone above literally posted a tweet from PlayStation saying Spider-Man is a first party title