• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
He said it won't be available at launch, and that he will have more news on it soon.
You seem to be fixated on the second part, but not paying any attention to how medieval it is to launch an online game, advertised almost exclusively for its multiplayer, and the tech available in its multiplayer, to not have a function as basic as inviting friends in said multiplayer mode (ironically a feature that was popularized on consoles by none other than Microsoft).
That's totally false. The game has had multiple showings at E3 showing only the campaign.

Since the GCD tech demo the multiplayer has been shown once at X018.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Taking cues from Splatoon I see

and lol at all the people saying "its going to come", it should already be in there. Why are they launching the game in such a state

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
i made some really good friends back in the day by playing Left 4 Dead with randoms. just think of all the new friends i will make by playing CD3. this is fantastic

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
But thing is: is there really any cloud tech behind this? honestly, the level of destruction on these videos doesnt seem some impossible to manage for an XboxX.
the cynic in me thinks they didnt finally use that feature and thats the reason im not seeing it being pushed as a big marketing point

I think the fact that you can't join multiplayer matches as a party shows that they are using Azure resources and you're essentially limited to your region to deliver the experience. At least for now.

Also, the majority of Xbox One users are on S or original consoles. Even if the X could do it locally, it doubt it would be able to handle it for more than 1-2 players, not 10.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
As long as co-op campaign is there day 1 I'm fine. I hope we won't need to wait too long to play with friends in Wrecking Zone.

Oct 28, 2017
Hard disagree here. If it were anything but an Xbox game, it'd get a pass and most would exhibit a bit more patience on the topic and trust that it'd be patched in, not long after release. #Facts

You do realize what you posted aren't facts, right? That is your assumption of what might happen if this were on a different platform. Saying "if this happened somewhere else, it would be a different story because I think it would" isn't based on any facts... Just saying

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
sucks but will be doing Coop in campaign so its not all lost. Will play mp sometimes till they release the update.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Not entirely sure I want to respond since you seem overly aggressive to anyone who disagrees with you, but we do not know that it is "on the table at some point". What we do know is that there will be more news at some point. And my educated guess (which is just as worthless as yours or anyone else's) is that it will come with a caveat - it'll be region-locked.
Overly aggressive? How do you figure that? I'm sharing my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less, just like you. I'm going to enjoy the game regardless. I already have. Not having co op day one isnt going to change that.

And my nor your opinion is worthless. At least, mine isnt. It counts just like anyone else's. If it changes anything, we'll have to see.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, how does this even happen? Isn't the multiplayer supposed to be the point of the game?

Probably depends on what type of gamer you are. They did hype the multiplayer due to the inclusion of the cloud destruction, but Crackdown as a series was mostly known for single player and co-op. As such I can see how this is annoying to those excited about the versus mode, but those that are here for campaign only - like me - probably don't care.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Sucks for those affected by it. But doesn't bother me. Whenever they implement it, can they put 5 squads with other 5 squads please. would suck playing solo + pickup players against a coordinated team of 5.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much means I wont bother with mp at all until they add it.

I guess at least it's added incentive to play through the campaign in co-op, which I haven't done much of lately.

Hopefully they get it in asap.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
Overly aggressive? How do you figure that? I'm sharing my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less, just like you. I'm going to enjoy the game regardless. I already have. Not having co op day one isnt going to change that.

And my nor your opinion is worthless. At least, mine isnt. It counts just like anyone else's. If it changes anything, we'll have to see.

Co-op with friends is there day 1. I think most people jumping in is thinking this is not the case. The originals were all about playing campaign with friends. The OP not knowing that and inciting rage is funny though.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I wasn't looking forward to Crackdown 3 for the mp (single player and orbs mostly), but I did want to eventually queue up as a party and destroy things. It's not a good look for a leader in the multi-player scene of gaming. If it's coming a few weeks later than it's not a big deal to me.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Probably depends on what type of gamer you are. They did hype the multiplayer due to the inclusion of the cloud destruction, but Crackdown as a series was mostly known for single player and co-op. As such I can see how this is annoying to those excited about the versus mode, but those that are here for campaign only - like me - probably don't care.

Agree. I'm more interested to see how/what they fuck up in Co-Op or the campaign. Historically this has been the meat of Crackdown. Even when they pushed multiplayer at all it was really pushing "power of the cloud". It just so happened that power of the cloud was supposedly powering multi.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please tell us more aboute that announced "online mode" that is missing in CD3 MP
Not being able to play with your friends makes this mode basically nonexistent for some people until they will be able to, stop being disingenuous. I'm still waiting on the reason why that other poster brought them up anyway in regards to the claim of features taking ages to come out that were promised earlier.

Oct 28, 2017
but-why.gif

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
The question still is why's it not in at launch? It's great that it's coming, but I'd still like to know.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I considered not posting to avoid dog piling. However I do have two thoughts on this:

- How will reviewers touch on this at release. My concern is that the issue will be overlooked because the MP is a bit tacked on (2 modes, 3 maps). There could also be some leniency based on CD3 being a game pass title.

- This feels like they're killing the MP before it even had a chance. Admittedly I don't expect it was ever going to be huge for MP. However dropping the mode with basic features missing is not helping.
If you look at how reviewers handled The Master Chief Collection (yeah we all know how broken that game was in both SP and MP), whatever Microsoft does when sending out review codes and tuning their online during this period I think they will get away with it. If they leave a note with a promise to add it in post-launch I think it will be largely overlooked by outlets with less integrity.

Welp, there it is.

Game was "pretty much done" , 9 months ago.

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
If you look at how reviewers handled The Master Chief Collection (yeah we all know how broken that game was), whatever Microsoft does when sending out review codes and tuning their online during this period I think they will get away with it. If they leave a note with a promise to add it in at launch I think it will be largely overlooked by outlets with less integrity.

What is that?

This thread is a great way to anticipate the review OT, it's gonna be a fun Journey to launch

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
What is that?

This thread is a great way to anticipate the review OT, it's gonna be a fun Journey to launch
Can you clarify what you mean by this? Were Halo: MCC problems not largely overlooked by critics given their scope and degree to which the problems persisted? I can't explain what setup those reviewers had which I why I said I think MS is able to control that to some degree, but it appears that most didn't experience the same issues that plagued users at launch. Either something weird happened when it rolled out to everyone, or they were just dead lenient.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it was mentioned, but how many players can I play with on co-OP? Basic 2 or up to 4?