• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Okay, how does this even happen? Isn't the multiplayer supposed to be the point of the game? How is it missing something this basic at launch?

UPDATE:

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Getting ready for Nintendo cross platform feature parity.

In reality they probably have sync issues if the targets are too far apart.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Well this sucks. One of my friends is interested in Crackdown with me; we were planning to play together at launch.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
frankly, MS would be the last publisher I would think to pull this. they've always been ahead in regards to network stuff.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
frankly, MS would be the last publisher I would think to pull this. they've always been ahead in regards to network stuff.

I'm doing a wild guess, but I think the cloud destruction made it more difficult to enable this. But I haven't heard from MS yet if that is the case.

Wrecking Zone is the only mode with full on destruction right?

Yes. The game contains a singleplayer campaign that can also be played in co-op. The multiplayer mode, Wrecking Zone, contains two modes (territories and agent kill) and three maps. That one doesn't include parties at launch.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
If they allow all the best agents to group up, they'll dominate the rest of the playerbase and discourage others from playing. Microsoft is just getting ahead of that problem.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Okay, how does this even happen? Isn't the multiplayer supposed to be the point of the game? How is it missing something this basic at launch?

I'm assuming they're working through issues with Azure server allocation based on IP locations. Right now, I'm guessing when you matchmake you're only being pooled with players with similar pings to the nearest data center. From there it likely starts expanding acceptable latency to fill matches.

With that in mind, they're probably working on solving where do you centralize the Azure resources with IPs from potentially around the world to allow friends to play together without ruining the experience.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm assuming they're working through issues with Azure server allocation based on IP locations. Right now, I'm guessing when you matchmake you're only being pooled with players with similar pings to the nearest data center. From there it likely starts expanding acceptable latency to fill matches.

With that in mind, they're probably working on solving where do you centralize the Azure resources with IPs from potentially around the world to allow friends to play together without ruining the experience.

If this is the problem I hope they add a regional invite policy. So that I can play with people close to me and within the same Azure region.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I only care about the campaign at this point, anyway, but the MP has been a total shitshow from the beginning. They should have launched the campaign with the multiplayer to release later like Red Dead and GTA Online

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
That seems like... very strange for any game coming out with an online component these days. The Azure server explanation must be somewhat on point cause otherwise ... why?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah thats maybe a reason. Hopefully they can find a way.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017

I didn't even think about how the cloud stuff would work across different regions. I assumed them releasing this mode meant that they had solved all the problems, but I guess not if basic functionality is missing. Still super excited for the campaign, but this mode is DOA releasing unfinished a week after Apex Legends. Maybe gamepass can save it if they improve things down the line.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The campaign is coop. You can invite your friend for that. This is about the multiplayer Wrecking Zone.

You mean the multiplayer mode that I had been told was the focus of the game as it supposed to have the destruction stuff they showed as the main feature of the game? I really wanted to play this with my roommate now that I have the option to do it on PC since I dont need xbox live and got rid of my One last year.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it till I see it missing at launch. This mode seemed to be THE big selling point of the game; that shared city destructibility enabled by the power of the cloud.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
You mean the multiplayer mode that I had been told was the focus of the game as it supposed to have the destruction stuff they showed as the main feature of the game? I really wanted to play this with my roommate now that I have the option to do it on PC since I dont need xbox live and got rid of my One last year.

Yes. That does not include parties at launch.

Oct 25, 2017
Not a big deal to me, but neither is waiting a bit to see if this gets sorted quickly. I've still only done one run of RE2 and would like to try out some mods anyway.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it till I see it missing at launch. This mode seemed to be THE big selling point of the game; that shared city destructibility enabled by the power of the cloud.
I mean, the creative director of the game is saying this on Twitter lol. He has no reason to, it would only kill the hype for the game.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

I think the 15 hour campaign is the selling point of the game. Wrecking Zone is more like a tech demo disguised as a game. According to Joe Staten other MS studios are working with the tech now, too.

The whole development of this multiplayer mode was one big R&D project. They should've never showed that techdemo at Gamescom in my opinion.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017

Not only ping but cost with ping. If you have to allocate more servers because people are spread out, your cost is higher than if you got more users within the same server that are close to each other. It's trying to find the balance per cost and developing towards that goal.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

That was the main selling point 5 years ago when they demoed some tech. The destruction has been relegated solely to the competitive multiplayer mode. It'll be interesting to see where it's at in 6 months.