• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I guess you could say the multiplayer components are...up in the clouds.

*Puts on sunglasses*

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I'm so sorry

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That is something so basic I'm surprised someone asked about it, can someone ask if the game has achievements or if it will feature saves either in auto or manual form?

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
giphy.gif

Cloud power takes time to warm up. Don't want to go too fast and get a tornado.

cyrux

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 31, 2019
I still dont know if this game is using the cloud for enviroment destruction as it was supposed to be: can anyone confirm? is the destruction in this game something really next gen?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Dude what? That's the kind of feature oversight that is going to overwhelmingly taint the word of mouth for this game's launch. I don't understand how that happens.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
I mean this was something that we figured would be day 1 at launch in some form at least. Wrecking Zone shared destructibility portion must be in worse shape than anticipated if this is really true. I'm just puzzled a bit at that R&D time spent on this and the current results I'm seeing in new gameplay gifs/videos.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Wow that's crazy, especially for a AAA first party game, how long was it in development?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
That is something so basic I'm surprised someone asked about it, can someone ask if the game has achievements or if it will feature saves either in auto or manual form?

I know you are joking, but the game has two separate achievement lists. One for singleplayer and one for multiplayer.

And of course there are cloud saves.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So i guess I have some questions to see if I should even get excited for this anymore. Do you get to create or pick from several characters like in Crackdown 1 and do their appearances change as you level up?

Example
828939-asian_agent.png

Do agency vehicles also change as you levelup?

Aug 11, 2018
A reason would be nice.

Like, for example Titanfall was doing Azure for all the AI and it launched with groups, so I imagine it might simply be a design choice to discourage stomping or there simply is a bigger problem with matchmaking.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
That lock on though, even in this gif it looks annoying.

Wait.. in this the person we're seeing isn't using lock on? Or do you mean the opponent?

Those red lines are nerve wrecking in-game. Really enjoyable.

Is that two gens apart from red faction guerilla?

I don't know how to define if something is two gens apart from something. I do know that it's all in the cloud and doesn't impact my performance on PC. According to Microsoft it's the power of 12 Xbox One's.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable... stunning. This is actually true and not a mistake right?

The game was "pretty much done" 9 months ago and all it needed was "polish". I don't think there was a lick of truth to that.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The campaign is the main point of The Last of Us, but even that had the ability to group up with friends in multiplayer.
Even then, people acting like the multiplayer of this game isn't important are being disingenuous as fuck. That mode is the only one with full destruction, a very high priority with the devs and one of the main selling points of the game.

NDWest14

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
This is so disappointing I was really looking forward to playing with my zero friends that own an xbox that have an interest in this specific game.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
It fucking sucks because the game is a ton of fun.

I can't believe that a game releasing in 2019 doesn't have support for parties...

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The person shooting at the main guy. I get why the game needs it because movement is so fast though.

As a PC gamer I was really skeptical of the lock on mechanic. I thought it would remove all skill requirements and would make it too casual. But thanks to the great movement and the destruction elements you focus on completely different things during combat. It's more about choosing the high ground, removing lines of sight and evading the red lines. It was quite an enjoyable experience for me.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
You mean the mp with the fabled cloud based destruction talked up since the announcement? The only mode with said destruction? That mode? Is suddenly not important anymore?

People on damage control crack me up.
I legit laughed out loud at the "How do you know campaign is not the main mode" I mean this is the game they ushered in the "Cloud" meme.

These games play nothing alike.
What does that have to do with the wider point? There is no reason a lock on is needed.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Even then, people acting like the multiplayer of this game isn't important are being disingenuous as fuck. That mode is the only one with full destruction, a very high priority with the devs and one of the main selling points of the game.

I think there is a reason Microsoft kept silent about it since 2015. We hadn't heard anything about the multiplayer mode for 3 years. Meanwhile we had seen campaign footage at two E3's.

Microsoft didn't promote the multiplayer at all in my opinion. Complete silence about it from Gamescom 2015 to X018 in.. 2018. With Epic buying Cloudgine and stories that the mode was only working as expected one year ago, so they could start building the game mode in 2017. Tells me everything.

When I tested the game this weekend I was surprised with the lack of bugs. I expected buildings flying through the air, terrible lag and other problems. But none of that.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
People replying with GIFs like they speak for themselves.

The destruction is more technically impressive than Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4, but not visually.

Oct 25, 2017
There are many things you can go out and defend about this game if you do choose, this not having this simple feature damn sure shouldn't be one of em.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing regardless, but multiplayer is not the point of the game and it does have a co-op campaign.
I think the 15 hour campaign is the selling point of the game. Wrecking Zone is more like a tech demo disguised as a game. According to Joe Staten other MS studios are working with the tech now, too.

The whole development of this multiplayer mode was one big R&D project. They should've never showed that techdemo at Gamescom in my opinion.
Why are people saying this? The multiplayer was literally the main selling point since it was first announced

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I legit laughed out loud at the "How do you know campaign is not the main mode" I mean this is the game they ushered in the "Cloud" meme.

What does that have to do with the wider point? There is no reason a lock on is needed.
Even better, it was "How do you not know campaign is the main mode", like it's some all known fact by everyone.
I think there is a reason Microsoft kept silent about it since 2015. We hadn't heard anything about the multiplayer mode for 3 years. Meanwhile we had seen campaign footage at two E3's.

Microsoft didn't promote the multiplayer at all in my opinion. Complete silence about it from Gamescom 2015 to X018 in.. 2018. With Epic buying Cloudgine and stories that the mode was only working as expected one year ago, so they could start building the game mode in 2017. Tells me everything.

When I tested the game this weekend I was surprised with the lack of bugs. I expected buildings flying through the air, terrible lag and other problems. But none of that.
That's probably because the multiplayer and cloud functionality were the main reason for the delays in the first place. Which again begs the question, if it's presumably not important, why didn't they just launch the main game (the campaign, according to some, lol) and bring the multiplayer later on?

Not sure why you would be surprised a game of this scope being in the works for 5 years isn't buggy. That's the least I'd expect.
Why are people saying this? The multiplayer was literally the main selling point since it was first announced
Because they need to do damage control on their console exclusive.