• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
After what i played yesterday, i'm not even mad. Luckily the multiplayer and campaign are separate downloads, so it won't even be taking up any space.

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they would clarify on why this is the case. We're in fucking 2019, not only that, pretty much any MP game today has this option. How is this not in at launch? I mean sure... Crackdown isn't about MP at the end of the day but it IS where the crazy destruction is.

Oct 25, 2017
Friends don't let friends play Crackdown 3.

I should delete Wrecking Zone for now, no need to have it installed until I can play with friends. One of the perks of having separate downloads for single and multiplayer I guess!

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
MP and destructibility are now not the main selling points of the game, we heard it here first folks.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Why are people saying this? The multiplayer was literally the main selling point since it was first announced

Sure, this game was supposed to be multiplayer only when it was first announced. But at the last two E3's we've only seen campaign footage. We had a complete radio silence on the multiplayer for three years. Meanwhile the company making it was bought by Epic and Microsoft still didn't have a finished product.

Phil Spencer has repeatedly told press that they made a mistake with the way they marketed Crackdown 3. They focused more on 'how the game was made' then 'what the game is' and they shouldn't have done that.

What I've seen so far of the campaign seems like a much more fleshed out game than the multiplayer. A 15 hour campaign with all kinds of bosses, weapons, progression, etc. in an open world. Sumo Digital had time to polish the SP while Elbow Rocket and Certain Affinity were, together with Microsoft, figuring out how to make a fun multiplayer experience with the cloud destruction.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
That's probably because the multiplayer and cloud functionality were the main reason for the delays in the first place. Which again begs the question, if it's presumably not important, why didn't they just launch the main game (the campaign, according to some, lol) and bring the multiplayer later on?

Not sure why you would be surprised a game of this scope being in the works for 5 years isn't buggy. That's the least I'd expect.

Haha, I tested many multiplayer games before launch. Expecting bugs and lag is something I naturally do.

I believe they were planning to release both parts separately. Don't know why they decided to bundle it again. I assume to give the singleplayer an extra layer of polish.

Spencer talks about this on the Giant Bomb interview at E3.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haha, I tested many multiplayer games before launch. Expecting bugs and lag is something I naturally do.

I believe they were planning to release both parts separately. Don't know why they decided to bundle it again. I assume to give the singleplayer an extra layer of polish.

I guess lol.

I don't listen to anything Spencer, Reggie, Todd and co try to sell me, sadly.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Really, really sucks, but I've come to terms with it. Wrecking Zone itself is crazy fun, so as long as they're working on getting it working for later, I don't mind.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The thing they were advertising since the reveal of the game won't be there at launch? Yeesh.

Where did they advertise it? They did a Gamescom tech demo in 2015. That was a mistake.

Then they showed the gameplay at X018. It's not part of the launch trailer and it was not in any trailer at the last two E3's.

I guess lol.

I don't listen to anything Spencer, Reggie, Todd and co try to sell me, sadly.

Oh, I think interviews with these kind of people are interesting. If you can see through the PR speak a bit.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
It's disappointing. I'm interested to hear the reason it isn't in the game and if they plan to add it. There has to be a good reason that it's not in. I'll play it either way though, as the technical test was a lot of fun, and this really isn't a game that requires a lot of teamwork.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wrecking Zone is such a blast to play you don't need friends to play it with.

To be fair, it's not like they've had long to put this together.

tumblr_m97b6kldo61qbaj4uo1_500.gif

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
MP and destructibility are now not the main selling points of the game, we heard it here first folks.

I mean, the focus of the game is far different from what they announced years ago as evidenced by the traditional CD campaign getting the spotlight the last few years while the multiplayer has been under wraps until recently.

The destruction getting relegated only to the competitive multiplayer also shows how they adjusted their focus because in the initial tech demo/teaser, it was part of the campaign as a tool. While it works, and works somewhat well in it's current form in Wrecking Zone, it's not the focus like it was at one point.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
At least the game is free with Game Pass because otherwise it'd be hard to justify checking this game out for me.

I wonder what Microsoft's motivation was for sticking through development hell with Crackdown 3. It's not going to have legs and it doesn't fall into its GaaS market, just seems odd considering how many projects they axed in the past.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the Nintendo/Splatoon technique of antagonizing folks who just want to team up with friends. I'm sure they'll get a pass.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The worrying thing is they have moved the embargo date to February 14th. That's usually not a good sign.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This won't be an issue for many as it will be hard to find anyone who wants to play this with you.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HUH? Titanfall has tonnes of mobility and speed and does not need a lock on.

Yeah but Crackdown seems too fast for shooting to work reliably outside of lock-on.

As a PC gamer I was really skeptical of the lock on mechanic. I thought it would remove all skill requirements and would make it too casual. But thanks to the great movement and the destruction elements you focus on completely different things during combat. It's more about choosing the high ground, removing lines of sight and evading the red lines. It was quite an enjoyable experience for me.

Well that's great then.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I wouldn't say the point of crackdown is the multiplayer, if you want to argue that go nuts.

I agree, and I don't really have any interest in the multi-player. I want a campaign with lots of powering up and exploring. I'm fine with co-op, so at least that option is there. I'll probably check out multiplayer for the laughs at blowing things up...at some point.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Not the end of the world, but that's certainly the craziest, doesn't make a lick of sense thing I've seen in a long time.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
With the destruction all happening server side, with multiple servers.

Would probably be a difficult thing to implement while providing a smooth experience.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to lol at this, how much time have they had to develop this game? They can't afford for things like to be missing at launch. It's just another stick to beat the game with.

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty embarrassing to be fair. Of all the titles to do this, its Crackdown. How is that remotely acceptable?

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Shit posts, hyperbole and downplay galore. Jesus.

He said they'll have news on co op multi player soon. But...lets just pretend he didnt say that. That works..

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your friends ain't missing out on much. The technical test was, in a word, ghastly.

In it for that sweet, sweet campaign though *drools*