• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I assume it has something to do with physics lag, so the distance between you and your friend on different Azure servers.

Last edited:

cyrux

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 31, 2019
I mean, the focus of the game is far different from what they announced years ago as evidenced by the traditional CD campaign getting the spotlight the last few years while the multiplayer has been under wraps until recently.

The destruction getting relegated only to the competitive multiplayer also shows how they adjusted their focus because in the initial tech demo/teaser, it was part of the campaign as a tool. While it works, and works somewhat well in it's current form in Wrecking Zone, it's not the focus like it was at one point.

But thing is: is there really any cloud tech behind this? honestly, the level of destruction on these videos doesnt seem some impossible to manage for an XboxX.
the cynic in me thinks they didnt finally use that feature and thats the reason im not seeing it being pushed as a big marketing point

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
The issue is not having it at launch at all. How is that acceptable?
Again, he said they'll have news on co op multi player soon. Why it wont be there at launch, I dont know and neither does anyone else. But the focus seems to be; let's spread some fear mongering and concern trolling now, that way we can open the door to more shit posts because news is scarce. It's like he didnt communicate at all on the issue. Just.....bizarre.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Man.. Imagine if this is just like no man sky at launch.. The reason you can't team up with a friend is because this is all faked.

Ok just kidding.. They will probably find a solution soon..

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, he said they'll have news on co op multi player soon. Why it wont be there at launch, I dont know and neither does anyone else. But the focus seems to be; let's spread some fear mongering and concern trolling now, that way we can open the door to more shit posts because news is scarce. It's like he didnt communicate at all on the issue. Just.....bizarre.
He said it won't be available at launch, and that he will have more news on it soon.
You seem to be fixated on the second part, but not paying any attention to how medieval it is to launch an online game, advertised almost exclusively for its multiplayer, and the tech available in its multiplayer, to not have a function as basic as inviting friends in said multiplayer mode (ironically a feature that was popularized on consoles by none other than Microsoft).

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
There's absolutely no way to spin this as good, it's embarrassing even. Anyone else would be ripped to shreds for not letting you play with friends in the PvP mode too, it's not because it's poor little MS.
Hard disagree here. If it were anything but an Xbox game, it'd get a pass and most would exhibit a bit more patience on the topic and trust that it'd be patched in, not long after release. #Facts

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
MS just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Xbox culture (I'm an expert), but multiplayer and friends are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on Playstation where you can become successful by creating single player games. If you screw multiplayer over on Xbox ecosystem, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the american public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Crackdown 3, nor will they purchase any of MS' games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but MS has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and add friends to Crackdown 3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
He said it won't be available at launch, and that he will have more news on it soon.
You seem to be fixated on the second part, but not paying any attention to how medieval it is to launch an online game, advertised almost exclusively for its multiplayer, and the tech available in its multiplayer, to not have a function as basic as inviting friends in said multiplayer mode (ironically a feature that was popularized on consoles by none other than Microsoft).
I totally get that it sucks that co op multi player wont be there on day-and-date is a bit of a downer, but not the end of the world. I certainly wont endorse that co op multi player isnt needed in a game like this. That's bullshit. It's a must. But...to the level this thread is going? Yikes!

We also know that it'll probably be patched in sooner rather than later after release. You know this. Everyone in this thread does. Gimme a break..

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I totally get that it sucks that co op multi player wont be there on day-and-date is a bit of a downer, but not the end of the world. I certainly wont endorse that co op multi player isnt needed in a game like this. That's bullshit. It's a must. But, level this thread is going. We also know that it'll probably be patched in sooner rather than later after release. You know this. Everyone in this thread does. Gimme a break..
We don't know anything. The only official communication for this says "Stay tuned for updates on our plans post-launch." Not only do we not have a date for when it might be added, we don't even have a date for when we might know when it might be added. You are choosing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this and that it might be added shortly afterward, and that's fine, you're well within your rights to do so. But so are people who are rightfully angry at this, and questioning when it might be added, or just dissatisfied with it not being there at launch at all.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hard disagree here. If it were anything but an Xbox game, it'd get a pass and most would exhibit a bit more patience on the topic and trust thatg it'd be patched in not long after release. #Facts

I assure you, if this topic was about any game, by Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft, this thread would go exactly the same way. Resetera is not a hive-mind that's inherently biased against a single manufacturer.

The lack of being able to join a friend is a really strange omission from a multiplayer game, and it's certainly worth commenting on.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assure you, if this topic was about any game, by Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft, this thread would go exactly the same way. Resetera is not a hive-mind that's inherently biased against a single manufacturer.

The lack of being able to join a friend is a really strange omission from a multiplayer game, and it's certainly worth commenting on.
In fact we already know this based on the outrage (rightfully) generated each time Nintendo fucks up its online (which is all the time).
The persecution complex is baffling.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Sucks, but seems also like a mode that people who are teaming and communicating with friends are going to able to dominate. Which is true of any TDM game, but especially one where lock on and breaking line of sight are major parts of the game. Hope when they do add it, because obviously they're working on it, they still have a mercenary type TDM to choose from as well.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hard disagree here. If it were anything but an Xbox game, it'd get a pass and most would exhibit a bit more patience on the topic and trust thatg it'd be patched in not long after release. #Facts
Haha, would they fuck. They'd be just as much headscratching and DoA comments as there is now, probably more so if it was Bethesda, Sony or Nintendo, as it's pretty much as basic a feature as you can have in a MP game.

I know.
The cloud is prob not making it easy
I get that, there's absolutely no way they'd do this willingly if they could avoid, but it's still poor showing.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Wait....what? The multiplayer disappeared for literally YEARS and only single player was shown...

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
We don't know anything. The only official communication for this says "Stay tuned for updates on our plans post-launch." Not only do we not have a date for when it might be added, we don't even have a date for when we might know when it might be added. You are choosing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this and that it might be added shortly afterward, and that's fine, you're well within your rights to do so. But so are people who are rightfully angry at this, and questioning when it might be added, or just dissatisfied with it not being there at launch at all.
But WE DO know that it's on the table at some point. Otherwise, in his tweet, he wouldve simply said "no" and left it there. That's not what happened. And if youve been gaming long enough, you know there are certain expectations that should be met. And if they aren't, they usually do at some point. It'll be no different here. That's all I'm saying.

Not gonna comment on it anymore. I'll just wait until we get the announcement that co op multi player is coming to Crackdown 3.

Proceed.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Complete bull that its not launching with a standard feature in the main mode of the game then.

Since when is the main mode of an open world shooter the multiplayer component. Like crackdown is about the open world and platform around collecting orbs.

Multiplayer is just a 3rd person arena shooter with a destructible environment. I found it kind of boring due to the auto aim. It's more about platforming than shooting.

I'm not sure if your trolling or serious ?

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But WE DO know that it's on the table at some point. Otherwise, in his tweet, he wouldve simply said "no" and left it there. That's not what happened. And if youve been gaming long enough, you know there are certain expectations that should be met. And if they aren't, they usually do at some point. It'll be no different here.
Okay, and meanwhile, given that the game is launching without a basic function, we will discuss that happening in spite of a five year development cycle spread across four delays and three studios. People are paying for the game, they can discuss its steps and missteps.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I calll Bs on that agree to dis-agree. It is not even as fast as Titan fall for instance.
After playing hours upon hours of Titanfall and playing close to 8 hours of multiplayer on CD3 this past weekend...saying Titanfall is faster than CD3 is a damn lie.

MS just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Xbox culture (I'm an expert), but multiplayer and friends are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on Playstation where you can become successful by creating single player games. If you screw multiplayer over on Xbox ecosystem, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the american public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Crackdown 3, nor will they purchase any of MS' games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but MS has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and add friends to Crackdown 3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
lolololol.

I hope that they add the feature afterwards, I was bummed when I heard about it on friday, but oh well, game was still fun...would just be more enjoyable with friends. I'll be playing campaign mostly until then. I just really want CTF in WZ. That would be so much fun.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming they're working through issues with Azure server allocation based on IP locations. Right now, I'm guessing when you matchmake you're only being pooled with players with similar pings to the nearest data center. From there it likely starts expanding acceptable latency to fill matches.

With that in mind, they're probably working on solving where do you centralize the Azure resources with IPs from potentially around the world to allow friends to play together without ruining the experience.
Yep, it is probably very strict on ping times to the servers.

The ultimate region locked mp.

Wish halo 5 had done this at launch

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Okay, and meanwhile, given that the game is launching without a basic function, we will discuss that happening in spite of a five year development cycle spread across four delays and three studios. People are paying for the game, they can discuss its steps and missteps.
Enjoy

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Multiplayer shown in 2014. Then in 2015. Then singleplayer shown in 2017. Then singleplayer and multiplayer shown in 2018.
Tell me what was shown more.
So your response was multiplayer was shown in 2015.....and then wasn't shown again until 2019 4 years later and it was advertised EXCLUSIVELY on multiplayer? i'm not excusing the omission of the feature, which I agree is strange. But there is no need to do these mental back flips to shit on the game. If the multiplayer hasn't been shown in nearly half a decade, I dont think you can say its been pushed exclusively as multiplayer.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
There's a short window for me and my friends to tear this game up before major releases so i guess im passing. There's no reason to not have the feature when it's been in development this fucking long.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hype or no, the MP is the biggest reason I'm still interested in trying this out given how middling the single-player component looks.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
But WE DO know that it's on the table at some point. Otherwise, in his tweet, he wouldve simply said "no" and left it there. That's not what happened.
Not entirely sure I want to respond since you seem overly aggressive to anyone who disagrees with you, but we do not know that it is "on the table at some point". What we do know is that there will be more news at some point. And my educated guess (which is just as worthless as yours or anyone else's) is that it will come with a caveat - it'll be region-locked.

NavNucST3

Nov 13, 2017
I don't mind playing with random people since Im generally mid to bottom tier lol but not being able to group with my son is definitely frustrating

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
Again, he said they'll have news on co op multi player soon. Why it wont be there at launch, I dont know and neither does anyone else.

I hope they'll manage to fix it at godspeed. Still it's a shame to launch that mode without that basic feature, like, seriously. Off course there is behind the scene reasons to that mess, but that's not our problem, like that's not our problem how the game was made or how long it took to make it. You know that it would hurt the game and its perception by reviewers and customers, period.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it looked middling a year ago, but the single player looks great now and a blast to play.

To you perhaps but it looked uninspired based on what I've seen thus far.

I'm happy to be wrong and I'll be playing this come Friday (Gamepass) but everything about Crackdown 3 has left me deflated, and that's coming from somebody who loved the original.

Again, here's hoping I'm wrong.

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I considered not posting to avoid dog piling. However I do have two thoughts on this:

- How will reviewers touch on this at release. My concern is that the issue will be overlooked because the MP is a bit tacked on (2 modes, 3 maps). There could also be some leniency based on CD3 being a game pass title.

- This feels like they're killing the MP before it even had a chance. Admittedly I don't expect it was ever going to be huge for MP. However dropping the mode with basic features missing is not helping.