• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Already deleted the wrecking zone tile on my Xbox. Only campaign it is then. Didn't want to waste the data when preload happens

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
I don't see the harm in delaying the game for another couple of months to make sure you have a fully functioning game with all the promised features at launch. Is this a "must get this out to get sales before end of the fiscal quarter" scenario?
No, I don't see the point for delaying an otherwise fully functional game (assuming it is of course) for one feature that is being worked on still. Nailing the game play loop has obviously been a challenge for them, so they have been focused on that over features it will have, just not on day one.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
So I can still play the hell out of the single player game, right? That's the part of Crackdown that matters to me. I'll be orb hunting come Friday.

Oct 27, 2017
No, I don't see the point for delaying an otherwise fully functional game (assuming it is of course) for one feature that is being worked on still. Nailing the game play loop has obviously been a challenge for them, so they have been focused on that over features it will have, just not on day one.

EDIT: Dumb comment by me, removed.

Last edited:

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably because they want to push this out asap and the whole game probably clicked together just these past recent years. They have the incentive given gamepass and this will become GaaS-like, sucks for those who want a 'complete' game on launch but I won't be shocked that a lot of MS publish games will have this GaaS or at least GaaS-like structure.

That said SP looks fun enough and i'm getting this just for sp
To be fair, it's not like they've had long to put this together.
Ha!

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
Basic features being held back as "post launch support" seems like a feature and not a bug of the game pass strategy

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
It's not "fully functional" if it's missing half of it's promised content, IMO.

I hope people enjoy the campaign, but a game that has been in development for this long missing a major component is baffling.
Not having party support on day one is not even remotely in the ballpark of missing half of it's promised content.

If it is important to you, then simply wait until they add it. That's a simple thing to do, but don't go crazy making it a way bigger deal than it is.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017

I hope people enjoy the campaign, but a game that has been in development for this long missing a major component is baffling.
Half of content is parties in MP? Hyperbole. Stop exaggerating.

I will say that not having the feature at launch does suck...

Oct 27, 2017
Not having party support on day one is not even remotely in the ballpark of missing half of it's promised content.

If it is important to you, then simply wait until they add it. That's a simple thing to do, but don't go crazy making it a way bigger deal than it is.
Half of content is parties in MP? Hyperbole. Stop exaggerating.

I will say that not having the feature at launch does suck...

You're both right, I was being hyperbolic. My apologies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad, but then again I mostly solo these games so this doesn't bother me that much. Still surprising to see Microsoft, out of all first parties, ship a game without such a basic feature. From Nintendo I'd expect it, from Microsoft not so much. But given Crackdown 3's atypical development cycle it's not that surprising.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Too bad, but then again I mostly solo these games so this doesn't bother me that much. Still surprising to see Microsoft, out of all first parties, ship a game without such a basic feature. From Nintendo I'd expect it, from Microsoft not so much. But given Crackdown 3's atypical development cycle it's not that surprising.
It supports co-op with friends on day one. The main game is the campaign not Wrecking Crew, right?

Three maps in a weird multiplayer offshoot is half it's content? It's not even the same application. The main game and sequel to the original is the campaign which you can play with friends.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
My interest is in the campaign but this is incredibly stupid. They should have not committed on a date until they were sure to have at least the basics in the game.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
It supports co-op with friends on day one. The main game is the campaign not Wrecking Crew, right?

Three maps in a weird multiplayer offshoot is half it's content? It's not even the same application. The main game and sequel to the original is the campaign which you can play with friends.
Wrecking Zone*

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just give methe single player, the first game didn't even have multi. I'll play the multi at launch for a blast then dive back in when more content comes.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Dark1x You see, you don't understand. Everyone who bought an Xbox only bought one so they could play Scalebound and 5x5 multiplayer in Crackdown on day one. So Microsoft has clearly failed on every game for Xbox..... /s

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Why can't the developers provide a technical reason for the lack of that option?

It would end all the base speculation and I think that type of PR for this game would be beneficial.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Why can't the developers provide a technical reason for the lack of that option?

It would end all the base speculation and I think that type of PR for this game would be beneficial.

This is a fair point. However they are about to ship a game in a few days so they may be a bit tied up. Any statement they make on it will be endlessly dissected (deservedly so) but that also means they cant put something out without spending a decent amount of time on it. Time that may better be spend during launch week.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Are we really at a point where playing with friends in a game is being added "later" as DLC? GaaS seems to become more and more like Early Access...

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017

Why should we expect developers to provide technical reasons for anything they do? They are working on it, and it's coming. Why isn't that sufficient?

All of the applications I work on are internal to my company, and even then I don't provide full details for everything we do with our business partners. They know we are working on X features and when our target dates are, but unless a feature can't be delivered in the way they ask, there's no reason to give them any technical explanations about how we get there.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Are we really at a point where playing with friends in a game is being added "later" as DLC? GaaS seems to become more and more like Early Access...

I honestly don't think that's the case here. More of a time or technical restraint.

It's stunningly bad. How can a company known for Xbox Live and 'gaming with your friends' think this was a good idea. Poor developers, working their asses off right now to make it happen. Should've just delayed it a little longer.

GamerForever

Oct 27, 2017
Pathetic, how can MS release this ufinished game? Basic features missing day one, insane downgrades, poor animations, missing shadows, etc Phil out here preaching that CD3 would stand next to Halo and Gears, so they delayed the game and added funds. Wtf happen Phil? You out here tweeting, game is looking great. Its time to stop hyping up shit, just to be disproved the next day. Phil has had this job for 5 years and the game turn out this bad, were is the quality control at xbox division? #RantOver

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Pathetic, how can MS release this ufinished game? Basic features missing day one, insane downgrades, poor animations, missing shadows, etc Phil out here preaching that CD3 would stand next to Halo and Gears, so they delayed the game and added funds. Wtf happen Phil? You out here tweeting, game is looking great. Its time to stop hyping up shit, just to be disproved the next day. Phil has had this job for 5 years and the game turn out this bad, were is the quality control at xbox division? #RantOver

- Shadows missing on the PC previews and not on the Xbox previews tells me it was a setting that was on by default which shouldn't have been on or something. Don't think the shadows are missing.
- The downgrade was only from a tech demo in 2015. They shouldn't have shown that, but the technology works as explained.
- Animations have improved over time. Not saying they are great, but if this game had shipped a year ago it would be ripped apart.

Besides that, I do agree that Xbox Game Studios should be aiming for a higher quality standard. Hope that with their new management structure, they'll have more attention for these kind of things.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
The game is looking great though...

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
LMAO!

No it wouldnt. It would be even more of a disaster.

Lmfao believing gamers can be understanding of technical limitations

There probably is a good technical reason why you can't group with friends for Wrecking Zone.

The developers can talk about it, or we can all speculate, which is what we're doing now.

I'm guessing the restriction exists because for this mode, latency is really critical, and they want to make sure everyone playing is has low-latency connection to the VM hosting the game.

Carry on laughing your asses off if you'd rather not actually know the reasons behind the restriction.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
There probably is a good technical reason why you can't group with friends for Wrecking Zone.

The developers can talk about it, or we can all speculate, which is what we're doing now.

I'm guessing the restriction exists because for this mode, latency is really critical, and they want to make sure everyone playing is has low-latency connection to the VM hosting the game.

Carry on laughing your asses off if you'd rather not actually know the reasons behind the restriction.

I would know but you can't sincerely believe a community as volatile as game consumers will accept and understand technical limitations

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I would know but you can't sincerely believe a community as volatile as game consumers will accept and understand technical limitations

I think they'd rather hear a reason: "We want everyone to have the best, low-latency experience at launch." as opposed to "Sorry! That feature will be coming in a patch!".

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
Glad its been confirmed to be added later, and also nice that there will be post-launch DLC. More mp maps perhaps?

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
Protecting the reputation of Azure is more important than the standard XBL featureset since day 0.

Similarly, eroding the market leader (PlayStation 4)'s stronghold on 'online friends' is now more important to Microsoft than maintaining a standard XBL featureset that all players share.