• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know I've been defending the game a lot, but it kind of makes sense. The test was only a week ago and it's based on cloud tech. When that shit breaks on the other side, it will get messy. They probably don't want the servers to be flooded at launch with all of the gamepass players either.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
I would know but you can't sincerely believe a community as volatile as game consumers will accept and understand technical limitations
This!
There probably is a good technical reason why you can't group with friends for Wrecking Zone.

The developers can talk about it, or we can all speculate, which is what we're doing now.

I'm guessing the restriction exists because for this mode, latency is really critical, and they want to make sure everyone playing is has low-latency connection to the VM hosting the game.

Carry on laughing your asses off if you'd rather not actually know the reasons behind the restriction.
And you go ahead and keep pretending that a toxic community of gamers would suddenly become gentle, patient creatures who understand technical limitations or temporary barriers and would accept the explanation they were given.

Jesus, they even said it was definitely coming in a tweet and look how amazingly well that went. Smashing success to be sure! LOL!

Dont be obtuse. No way gamers would handle the explanation well. A snowball has a better chance in hell than something like that happening.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i was planning on doing the campaign primarily anyways, and im sure they have a solid reason internally, but still a baffling omission for launch

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know I've been defending the game a lot, but it kind of makes sense. The test was only a week ago and it's based on cloud tech. When that shit breaks on the other side, it will get messy. They probably don't want the servers to be flooded at launch with all of the gamepass players either.

That sounds fine too.

Just wish they could be more communicative with the fans.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think they'd rather hear a reason: "We want everyone to have the best, low-latency experience at launch." as opposed to "Sorry! That feature will be coming in a patch!".

That type of response is exactly the type of response that would make things worse. It is just technical enough to annoy people who want to hear the details and will over analyze it. Better to just say its coming later. Saying "We want everyone to have the best, low-latency experience at launch." will immediately invite questions.. Why is there latency? doesn't the power of the cloud solve this? Azure clearly sucks if it introduces latency...etc.

Better to just say. Its not in yet, it will be in.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This!

And you go ahead and keep pretending that a toxic community of gamers would suddenly become gentle, patient creatures who understand technical limitations or temporary barriers and would accept the explanation they were given.

Dont be obtuse. No way gamers would handle the explanation well. A snowball has a better chance in hell than something like that happening.

Do you honestly believe that a brief explanation would be worse than nothing at all?

You have a low opinion of the people that share your hobby.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Do you honestly believe that a brief explanation would be worse than nothing at all?

You have a low opinion of the people that share your hobby.

Read through this very thread and then wonder why. Someone said "half the features missing" at launch. This missing piece sucks, no excuse, but that blows up to "half of game missing"....

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This!

Jesus, they even said it was definitely coming in a tweet and look how amazingly well that went. Smashing success to be sure! LOL!

It would be better than this where they are offering no explanation other than whoops something you thought would be in is not in at launch that was expected to be.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Why can't the developers provide a technical reason for the lack of that option?

It would end all the base speculation and I think that type of PR for this game would be beneficial.

To be honest, I doubt it's a technical limitation. Let's look at the numbers:

Wrecking Zone has some amazing technology but only:
- 2 Game Modes
- 3 Maps

They also mentioned it's coming after launch (so it's possible). It's a baffling omission, but it's likely the tech difficulties pushed all these other features back, why else were they so hard pressed to add content for launch? They probably just deprioritized it.

Jan 15, 2018
Because the game has been in development since 1993. They have no excuse.

The game could still be great, but this is absolutely 100% inexcusable.
Its excusable. Inexcusable is launching with no multiplayer at all, or no co'op in the campaign. No teams, or clans "at launch" isn't that big of a deal. Too many people here are looking for something to complain about.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The game is looking great though...
So you believe. I'm looking forward to see Digital Foundry's analysis - should be interesting and John always gives games a fair shake so we'll see. In my opinion outside of a crisp IQ and native 4K resolution (givens for the X) it looks really poor and extremely dated, as has been highlighted in many threads to a degree that is undeniable for a tentpole game releasing in 2019.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
So you believe. I'm looking forward to see Digital Foundry's analysis - should be interesting and John always gives games a fair shake so we'll see. In my opinion outside of a crisp IQ and native 4K resolution (givens for the X) it looks really poor and extremely dated, as has been highlighted in many threads to a degree that is undeniable for a tentpole game releasing in 2019.
You realize there's more to games than graphics right? We play games, we don't just look at them.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
You realize there's more to games than graphics right?
Do you want to go on then? I can talk about the gameplay animations being janky and dated, the character models not looking up to a current-gen standard and the open world structures and environmental detail not being very impressive, the MP destruction looking cool but appearing a bit inconsequential, and the map design not even being made up of proper buildings. What am I missing that looks great? The whole package appears to boast itself as some kind of relic from 2006, and I don't think that is a good look in 2019. Then there's not being able to play with your friends. Posting "it is great", when someone has expressed why they don't like something is just redundant knowing the problems this game is likely going to ship with and be accosted for.

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
Do you want to go on then? I can talk about the gameplay animations being janky and dated, the character models not looking up to a current-gen standard and the open world structures and environmental detail not being very impressive, the MP destruction looking cool but appearing a bit inconsequential, and the map design not even being made up of proper buildings. What am I missing that looks great? The whole package appears to boast itself as some kind of relic from 2006, and I don't think that is a good look in 2019....
Going by the bold parts I think you might have a little much of an emphasis on visual appearance, no offense.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Have you ever actually played Crackdown before? again gameplay is key, and the gameplay in this game looks and is great. The enemy and weapon variety looks great, the explosions and particle effects look great, the movement and platforming obviously looks great, the driving and variety of vehicles look great, the overall art style looks great. Claiming that the destruction is inconsequential is completely wrong, as it's an integral part of the MP gameplay, which is an extremely fun and refreshing experience. So yes, the game looks great.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, Era, I'm sure they're crunching away with 60+ hour weeks to make sure it's available ASAP ;)

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I can't find it anywhere, but does this game have crossplay with the PC version?
Yes.
Do you want to go on then? I can talk about the gameplay animations being janky and dated, the character models not looking up to a current-gen standard and the open world structures and environmental detail not being very impressive, the MP destruction looking cool but appearing a bit inconsequential, and the map design not even being made up of proper buildings. What am I missing that looks great? The whole package appears to boast itself as some kind of relic from 2006, and I don't think that is a good look in 2019. Then there's not being able to play with your friends. Posting "it is great", when someone has expressed why they don't like something is just redundant knowing the problems this game is likely going to ship with and be accosted for.
The game has good character models, textures, and is loaded with effects and explosions while maintaining 30FPS. Declaring the game looks last gen isn't an argument for someone who disagrees with you, especially for someone like me who has played WZ and knows the destruction isn't "inconsequential".

OutToLunch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait.. in this the person we're seeing isn't using lock on? Or do you mean the opponent?

Those red lines are nerve wrecking in-game. Really enjoyable.

I don't know how to define if something is two gens apart from something. I do know that it's all in the cloud and doesn't impact my performance on PC. According to Microsoft it's the power of 12 Xbox One's.

They've never lied before right?

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Unbelievable... stunning. This is actually true and not a mistake right?

The game was "pretty much done" 9 months ago and all it needed was "polish". I don't think there was a lick of truth to that.
Depends. Are you talking about Crackdown 3 or Wrecking Zone? Two very different things from different devs.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

Last gen Crackdown is BC, and is X enhanced to run at 4k resolution. Even at that, it looks vastly inferior to CD3.

Makes no sense to keep saying the game looks 'last gen' when you have actual data to disprove that.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I can't find it anywhere, but does this game have crossplay with the PC version?

I have been playing my review doing crossplay with my wife who is on the X and I'm on PC. Not only that but the PC version has an enormous suite of graphic options and the campaign is gorgeous. I will be doing a stream of campaign coop at noon est and I can show it off and answer questions.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
It's fine, because I don't have any friends ;(

Honestly though, who forgot this? Hopefully it'll be put in ASAP.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I have been playing my review doing crossplay with my wife who is on the X and I'm on PC. Not only that but the PC version has an enormous suite of graphic options and the campaign is gorgeous I will be doing a stream of campaign coop at noon est and I can show it off and answer questions.
YES! Exactly!! Way beyond expectations, I think.