• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time Hits Nintendo Switch This March - Nintendo Life

The team itself has taken the game and basically done tuning to make sure that it works on the Nintendo Switch, and making sure that it works on the go, works docked and undocked. It's 720p when undocked, and 1080p when docked. Frame rate is 30.

Definite doubt. I mean isn't the base XBO version like 720p and 30fps?

Edit: Been pointed out that the game's assets been pretty reworked on Switch:

EtzVbc_XcAEiytG

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the trailer looked a lot softer than 1080p. probably dynamic as all hell

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
if it's anything like the switch version of the remastered trilogy, it's going to be cutting back a lot on certain graphical effects that it might actually be achievable... with occasional dips

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
In a weird way I kind of prefer the 30 fps lock. It makes it more consistent with the original trilogy which is nice since I jump back and forth a lot.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
It's an improvement on both N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro-Fueled! Toys for Bob doing God's work here!

30fps is fine for the record; NST was simply bearable on all consoles and About Time shouldn't be any different

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The base Xbox One version was 900p and switched between a 30 FPS lock with proper framepacing and an uneven unlocked framerate. If they somehow nailed 1080p, 30 FPS on Switch, that's a marked improvement.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
It's unlocked on PS4. On the base hardware, it rarely holds 60. It's actually kind of a mess tbh. To get 1080p docked /720p handheld with a (hopefully) locked 30fps, the Switch version is seeing a lot of optimization.

Yeah, it runs great on Pro with only a few dips here and there from 60 but I played it on a friend's slim and it was choppy and would have definitely benefited from a 30fps cap.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
that's the whole NST/NF situation again! xD I'm also a fan of how these games look on Switch because of the lack of the fur texturing
Nintendo-Switch-Playstation-4-Crash-Bandicoot-N-Sane-Trilogy.jpg
Yep. It's not perfect though as the close-up of the heads in Crash 3 show the low-res maps they used in the fur's place:

dkrc31uuwaajyng.jpg

(screenshot by me, docked)

But yeah, I really like how they dialed back on the more realistic/fancier lighting in Crash 4 on Switch. Less is more IMO, looks more cartoony as it should be (especially the Cortex screen).

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
I would have bought this four months ago too Activision. Stop playing silly games.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The developers themselves said this in an interview and I can grab the link if you want?
Link is already in the op. He thinks they're lying or at least not being fully transparent.

The latter might actually be true. It's possible the game uses dynamic resolution and 1080p / 720p are the max numbers it hits.

Apr 21, 2018
Think I'm going to have to buy this on Switch.
Remember guys, Activision is aggressive with sales. This will be 20$ by the end of summer.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna thanks the devs for basically having to remake the game for the Switch, that's a lot of work indeed.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
With Activision giving the developers a bigger budget enabling them to go with the more expensive route of reworked assets I am taking it they have confidence on the switch version doing well when released.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
devs doing good work on Switch port is pretty much my number one fetish. going to have to reward that if turns out to be the case.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a lot of effort went into the Switch port rather than dialing down settings and calling it a day.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
If they do nail this in resolution with serious optimization they might get a Switch version purchase from me, that would be impressive.
Can't wait for DF to look into this.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like the lighting in the Switch previews, looks way too dark, but maybe it's just the screenshots.

FirLocke

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Redone assets would make very interested in a switch version so that I can play it soob. Then I'd pick up the PS4 version someday whenever I get a PS5.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switch trailer

It's different than the multiplatform trailer also released today, so I'm assuming this is actual Switch footage. Jumps around from 60 to 30fps though, which is odd, so maybe some of the cutscenes aren't Switch footage or parts of the Switch game actually run at 60 (doubtful).