• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
A boatload of previews just went live! Feel free to share more as they are posted and I'll try to get them summarized here in the OP.

EDIT: Alright I've got a bunch of what I can see is live so far. Feel free to @ me if I left out anything major, or if there are any big pieces of news you want highlighted here.

Articles
www.ign.com

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time Hands On Preview - When Past and Present Collide - IGN

In our Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time hands on preview, we try out two Quantum masks in levels Snow Way Out and Dino Dash as well as check out an alternate timeline where we play as Doctor Neo Cortex.
www.gamespot.com

Crash Bandicoot 4 Brings The Nostalgia And That Old-School Challenge

We check out a few levels and play as Dr. Neo Cortex in Activision's new and challenging PS4 and Xbox One platformer.
www.eurogamer.net

Characterful, moreish and fiendishly difficult, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time feels about right

It's about time indeed: nearly 22 years after Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped released on the original PlayStation, the maste…
www.destructoid.com

We went hands-on with Crash Bandicoot 4, and it's looking good so far

It looks and feels like Crash It’s good to see Crash Bandicoot back in the saddle again. After a long...
venturebeat.com

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time hands-on — Time to get excited

After playing a bit of Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, I'm confident that this is the Crash sequel that I've been waiting decades for.
www.gamesradar.com

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time plays like a sequel 22 years in the making

Our hands on with Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time proves it has all the makings of a worthy sequel
www.standard.co.uk

Crash Bandicoot 4 hands on: Was it really worth the wait?

From our time with a demo, we have been left wanting
screenrant.com

Crash Bandicoot 4 Hands-On Preview

We went hands-on with Crash Bandicoot 4

Videos
www.youtube.com

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time Preview

In our Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time hands on preview, we try out two Quantum masks in levels Snow Way Out and Dino Dash as well as check out an alterna...
www.youtube.com

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time – New Gameplay Today

Thank you to Activision for providing us the demo code! Crash is back and Jeff Cork, Alex Stadnik, and Andrew Reiner are taking you through the twists and tu...
www.youtube.com

Tim Played Crash Bandicoot 4! - First Impressions

Tim and Barrett both got to play Crash Bandicoot 4 It's About Time! Thanks to Activision for sharing a sneak peek of the game. Subscribe! http://www.youtube....
www.youtube.com

Crash Bandicoot 4 Gameplay - 7 Reasons You'll Love It!

We've played Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time! The long awaited platformer arrives on PS4 on October 2nd, and we've gone hands-on with two levels: Snow Way...
www.youtube.com

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time first hands-on gameplay

In a hands-off demo given to press last week for Crash 4 (which Destructoid attended virtually), Toys for Bob developer let us capture some hands-on gameplay...
www.youtube.com

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time | GAMEPLAY PREVIEW

Written by - Alex Avard Voice Over - Ellen Causey Subscribe to Gamesradar: http://goo.gl/cnjsn1 Everyone's favourite jort wearing marsupial is back in Crash ...
www.youtube.com

I Played Crash 4! The Good and Bad? - Demo Review

This last week I have been secretly playing Crash Bandicoot 4 and it is GREAT...but not everything is perfect. Lets talk about this long awaited sequel and w...
www.youtube.com

I Played a Crash Bandicoot 4 Demo! My Gameplay + Info

Thanks to Activision I was able to play a demo of Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time! I show off some of my gameplay and speak about a few things in this vid...
www.youtube.com

Crash Bandicoot 4 Brings Nostalgia & Pure Platforming Joy

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time is Activision’s latest play for your feelings of nostalgia. A sequel to Naughty Dog’s original Crash trilogy, It’s About T...

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

This looks so fucking good. Oh my god this might actually be my GOTY.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Four more, I'll organize the OP shortly since I hit the media limit.

EDIT: moved to OP

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Good video with some very competent play. His quick reactions and overall movement appears much smoother than N-Trilogy too.

Seems like more Crash overall with a new gimmick or two, which is likely all they needed to do beyond ensuring the engine and performance is capable.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks absolutely fantastic! I'm loving the way that Lani-Loli's reality-phasing mechanic is being used in the prehistoric levels.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Looks absolutely fantastic.

PS: What's up with that yellow circle, hope it's an accessibility tool that can be toggled off.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Saw some of theese pop up on youtube. Looks so much fun! Activision is getting my money this fall with this and Tony Hawk.

Looks absolutely fantastic.

PS: What's up with that yellow circle, hope it's an accessibility tool that can be toggled off.
I noticed that too. I think there where now shadow at all in the reveal trailer and people where worried. Now they went to far with it.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Media blackout for me. I know I'm buying this at launch based on the initial reveal, so there's no point :P.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This looks more fun than any next gen game showed so far. Looking forward to it!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Evening Standard said:
Crash Bandicoot is finally getting a modern game that isn't a remake, but will its ancient platforming gameplay hold up in today's standards? The answer, for us, is a resounding no. Based on our experience playing a short demo, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time currently feels like a rigid game which is above all incredibly outdated. Something which might not be echoed by a lot of people is that Crash Bandicoot was only good because of the time period it first came out in.

Imagine still trying to peddle the "Crash was never really good" argument in 2020.

Anyway, all of the gameplay so far looks incredibly good. They've tightened up the Crash gameplay as much as they possibly could and the new mask gimmicks look like a much better way of adding variety than the swimming/jetski/etc. levels from Crash Warped. Playable Cortex is a great addition too, here's hoping the rumored Dingodile and Tawna stages are just as fun.

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017

1246377.jpg

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
The levels look fairly long and very imaginative and well put together. Level design seems to be very Crash too.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Those are some strong-looking segments. Definitely reinforcing a day one purchase for me.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Cortex mechanics look pretty fun! We only got to see a short scene in the reveal trailer, but the in depth look really shows how the mechanics can shine.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
. Remember the Snow Way Out ship Neo Cortex exploded? This version of the level is an "alternate timeline path", which is akin to the secret levels in previous Crash games. Objectively, it's a bit tougher than regular levels and allows you to relive how the doctor's plans went wrong en route to the ship explosion. After completing this path, you regain control of Crash or Coco and you'll play the main level's second half, albeit with different crate placements to ramp up difficulty.

From Activision's blog, it seems like the Cortex Levels are sorta challenge levels.

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
Looking good. And challenging.

Feeling pretty confident right now. One of my most expected games this year.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Oh man, it's so good to see Crash Bandicoot back! I have a good feeling about this game and the previews are reinforcing that sentiment.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ok, those nitro platforming sections with Cortex are going to give me a lot of anxiety.

Oct 25, 2017
Having Cortex "alternate timeline" routes act as the challenge stages is really clever. I wonder if Dingledile/N Tropy/Twana stages are taking on similar "alternate timeline" functions.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
This looks so good. Cortex gameplay looks like galaxy brain shit.

As a huge fan who was super picky about everything NST did I'm super impressed. Wow, man.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe my eyes!!

Unbelievable what Toys for Bob have done with this game.... this takes a TRUE TALENT to make.

This is truly Crash "4".

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Ive played the three levels (wont link to my previews as theyre in dutch) and loved it. It had the feel of the classic crash but with great graphics :D