• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Saw this on Reddit from a user called u/aneegles and thought it was pretty cool:
nz0fieahvmy31.jpg

Source

a1cnqtxde1z31.jpg

Source

Sorry if old news, just thought it was cool to see Crash get this big mainstream attention again

I know it might seem silly to be excited over a bus advert, but for a franchise that was pretty much dead in the ground from 2009-2017, this is a really big deal.

Last edited:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
That first image is in parrswood, such a recognisable cinema behind the bus

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Since it's a new render could it mean we'll get a brand new Crash game for current-gen? I know people want next-gen but like... it's fucking Crash... how is that going to benefit from being next-gen only? The PS1 original had better aesthetics than the PS4 game.

Oct 25, 2017
This is my naysayer theory: the new 3d model and render is probably because the ad agency didn't get any 3d assets from Activision or Sony and they had to build their own one from scratch.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I said this already in the latest PS4 advert thread, but It's so nice to see Crash show up in Playstation ads again.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
There'll be coach/bus driver levels in the next game???

Since it's a new render could it mean we'll get a brand new Crash game for current-gen? I know people want next-gen but like... it's fucking Crash... how is that going to benefit from being next-gen only? The PS1 original had better aesthetics than the PS4 game.

60 FPS?

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I really don't see it as much, just a more polished up model used for promotional material. I don't necessarily think it's from a new unannounced game.

They do this all the time and it's nothing new. But it's cool to see Crash get more publicity nonetheless.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm in Manchester and saw these about. Thought it was weird to use Crash Bandicoot, and assumed they'd be all across the UK.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather have a graphical downgrade to achieve that then have to buy a brand new system.
There's already disparities between base consoles and they pro/1X counterparts. They won't target 6 to 7-year-old tech for a new game when next-gen's around the corner.

And better hardware might allow them to refine those aesthetics

I guess we know who the next Smash Bros DLC Fighter is.

This basically confirms it

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
I haven't seen it up here yet, but I saw the ad on the side of a bus back home in Sheffield. It must be nationwide.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
There's already disparities between base consoles and they pro/1X counterparts. They won't target 6 to 7-year-old tech for a new game when next-gen's around the corner.

And better hardware might allow them to refine those aesthetics

I disagree, it's nothing to do with hardware that resulted in the sub-par visuals of the remake. They could have done way better with the base PS4. They just took too many shortcuts and didn't really get Crash.
This video does a great job explaining it: https://youtu.be/kFQAucOHB_o

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just Crash; I've seen "It's Time to Play" bus ads with Kratos in Glasgow as well.

It's part of a wider ad campaign:

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
I thought this would be about those cities (like New York has) where age old posters/adverts were being discovered underneath newer ones. (I saw that on Twitter)

Like this:

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty dang neat to see. I was excited for the Crash remasters but I never, ever expected them to be anywhere near as successful as they were, and certainly didn't expect to see him featured this prominently in first party advertisements

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I seen a crash team racing ps4 advert on British TV on Thursday. Was pretty cool. The game must be still selling.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's interesting that Sony's using Crash over their own first-party characters such as Drake, Aloy or Kratos. Crash looks like he's here to stay, and future games will hopefully have a bigger budget and more dev time than the remakes.

It shows once again that Crash is massive here in the UK. I remember going into shops last year and seeing Crash merchandise all over the counters in their games section so the games must be appealing to young people as well as the nostalgia crowd.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this would be about those cities (like New York has) where age old posters/adverts were being discovered underneath newer ones. (I saw that on Twitter)

Like this:

reminds me of this headshop near my house with a Pink (the singer) poster from her heyday displayed on the window. store is well maintained and all, dunno why it's still up there but every time i walk past it it's like wtf

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a CTR: Nitro Fueled pre-roll ad on Twitch last night even tho it came out 5 months ago, seems they're starting a second round of advertisements.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
It's so riveting to me despite the compromises that we had to go through to arrive at this point in the franchise. I'm already seeing noticeable improvements with NF (stylistically) and I hope it continues with the new game (2020/2021), even if that bus ad is just for a new render of the modified NST/NF model.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Just as long as the bus drivers don't think they're in CTR.

They just plaster over the old ones?

That seems like it'd cause problems at some point.

Well uh, it's paper. It's really thin. You can probably have 20 years worth of ads plastered on top of the old ones and nobody will notice anything.