• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
capsule_616x353.jpg

👩‍💻 Developer: Vicarious Visions
📀 Publisher: Activision
🎮 Platforms: PC (retail, Steam); PlayStation 4 (retail, PSN); Switch (retail, eShop); Xbox One (retail, XBL)
🏷️ Price: $39.99/€39.99/£34.99 or your regional equivalent* (standard edition); $73.58/€73.58/£64.38 or your regional equivalent* (Crash Remastered + Spyro Remastered Bundle)
📅 Release date: June 30th, 2017 (PlayStation 4); June 29th, 2018 (PC, Switch, Xbox One)

* Pricing on platforms/stores other than Steam may vary.

📖 About:
Your favorite marsupial, Crash Bandicoot™, is back! He's enhanced, entranced and ready-to-dance with the N. Sane Trilogy game collection. Now you can experience Crash Bandicoot like never before. Spin, jump, wump and repeat as you take on the epic challenges and adventures through the three games that started it all, Crash Bandicoot™, Crash Bandicoot™ 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot™ 3: Warped. Relive all your favorite Crash moments in their fully-remastered graphical glory and get ready to put some UMPH in your WUMP!

Crash Bandicoot™ N. Sane Trilogy Stormy Ascent Level
Experience the notorious Stormy Ascent level from the original Crash Bandicoot game. Previously unfinished and unreleased, this level will challenge even the most hardcore of Crash fans! Do you have what it takes to tackle the fast retracting steps, vial throwing lab assistants, flying birds, moving platforms and iron spikes?

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Future Tense Level
Play the first-ever NEW level built for the original trilogy's gameplay in almost 20 years. Drawing inspiration from the cut "Waterfall Level" from the first Crash Bandicoot game, Future Tense features several puzzles from the original level set in the futuristic setting from Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Discover a whole new level of difficulty for Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy as you dodge rockets, destroy robots and leaps lasers while ascending a massive futuristic skyscraper.

📷 Screenshots:

🎞️ Trailers:
Comeback
Workout
Salon
Storm Ascent
N. Saner Now
Accolades
Better with Crashitude (PlayStation 4 launch trailer)
Wumpa for Everyone (multiplatform announcement trailer)
"Future Tense" DLC (multiplatform launch trailer)
Launch (Switch)

✍️ Reviews:
Metacritic - PC (76)
Metacritic - PlayStation 4 (80)
Metacritic - Switch (78)
Metacritic - Xbox One (79)
OpenCritic (80)

Last edited:

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The release snuck on me. Will be picking it up if the pc port impressions are good.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I still have so much to do in Hyrule Warriors but when Crash is there tomorrow, I'm so 100%ing those games at top priority.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna pick this up for Xbox. Remember playing a lot of the first two on PS1 back in the day.

Lookin' gooooooood.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Love the switch version. Finished the first crash bandicoot and now I will play Crash 2!
But fuck that high something level

Also the loading times are really fast!

David Sr.

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Do we know if the physics and collision issue of the PS4 and XBONE versions has been updated? I read that the staff took note of the users feedback to improve the Switch and PC versions (and that they would update the originals too) and that resulted for example in better loading times, but I don't know if the other problems have been fixed also.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the physics and collision issue of the PS4 and XBONE versions has been updated? I read that the staff took note of the users feedback to improve the Switch and PC versions (and that they would update the originals too) and that resulted for example in better loading times, but I don't know if the other problems have been fixed also.
This is pretty much what I'm wondering, and I'm holding out on buying until I hear that at least some of these are resolved.... Fingers crossed.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be fine so long as the bridge levels are slightly more possible
Like even just a few changes would be nice. I don't necessarily need EVERYTHING reverted back to the PS1 stuff, but there were so many times playing through with my buddy that I'd get fucked over, or a jump didn't work as I knew it was supposed to, or whatever, that we just ended up going back to the PS1 version.

I can handle the animations being... bad. Like it's 4 generations of hardware, they can't just reuse the old animations, whatevs, I get it, but ffs it's a platformer, the platforming should feel good.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Me and a former coworker were hyping up Crash for weeks before the PS4 release.

I was pretty disappointed to find him quitting the game at Native Fortress.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
On a notably weaker system. That's hardly a good reason to rate it worse, but on the other hand, the number of reviews is small so far, and as someone has noted, Gamespot's review is rather negative.

It's also the same review as the PS4 original review, if I'm seeing things correctly, only saying that the score was updated to include the new versions.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Those in Europe can pick up the game from CD Keys for ~€22.80, but otherwise it's full price or nothing as the retail key subs are heavily region-locked and the only authorised distributor selling keys is Gamesplanet.
ATM, Gamesplanet is the only legal key seller outside of Steam that's selling it, though some sties namely Humblebundle sell Activision games, so they might get the game on their store as well.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Already played a bit on OneX. Man the loading times are almost instant now.

But man Crash 1 gets kinda hard xD Or im rusty.

But the game looks amazing at 4k with HDR

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Hyped, getting the Switch version. I was going to get the PS4 version last year but I decided to wait.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty excited for this as I'm getting it for first time on Switch.

As someone who grew up playing and beating 2 and 3, is 1 that great? I've heard mixed things.

Oct 30, 2017
My switch version arrived today.
Never played the series before. Jesus it's hard, was hoping for a game to play with my boy but we're getting schooled.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Never played these games but I am mildly tempted but kind of weary of the difficulty, lol.