• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
DfhLkcjXkAA7mNH.jpg

• N.Sane Trilogy will come on one cartridge with no download whatsoever for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Xbox One X runs at full 4K, not 1440p.
  • All DLC (Stormy Ascent and Future Tense) will be free going forward.
  • The porting process has allowed them to go back and add fixes and improvements based on feedback from the past year.
  • The biggest improvement is much faster load times.
  • All the improvements will come to all platforms; PS4 via patch for current owners.
  • PS4 patch will include HDR support.
  • The current PS4 retail disc will be pulled and replaced with a new retail disk for PS4 owners who haven't bought in yet.
  • The new PS4 retail disc will go on shelves day and date with the multiplatform release and will feature new packaging.
  • The new PS4 retail disc will have Stormy Ascent and Future Tense built in, just like the multiplatform release.
  • The PC version will feature 60 FPS gameplay capability.

Destructoid said:
Future Tense will be included in the Xbox One, Switch, and PC versions of the game, and will be free DLC for PlayStation 4 players. If you own a PS4 and haven't purchased Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy yet, the title will receive a physical refresh with the new content included. Future Tense will be made available as DLC on June 29, the same day the game launches on Xbox, Switch, and PC. N. Sane Trilogy will retail for $39.99 and Switch owners should be happy to know the game will not require an additional download if you buy physical.

Destructoid said:
The Switch has portability in its corner, but seeing Trilogy running at 4K on the Xbox One X is like watching a cartoon. It is absolutely beautiful...

...the console version still runs at 30fps, though it will hit 60fps on PC.

Kyle Martin (Producer at Vicarious Visions) said:
Once we started moving things to all platforms we wanted to look at what feedback from fans we wanted to address and one of the big things was the loading times, so we put a lot of work into improving that across the board for all platforms, so, across the board, you're gonna see pretty noticeable improvements on the loading times from level to level.

Sources:
https://www.destructoid.com/crash-b...ooks-amazing-in-4k-and-on-switch-507136.phtml
https://t.co/JFEAdOrtGw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulzEpmypljM

Last edited:

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing news. Loading times were my biggest problem with the original release.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear the 60 FPS is confirmed.

Never really grew up with the games (played them a bit, but never was in love) so not sure I'll bite right away but will get eventually.

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm 4K on Xbox version.... may sell off my PS4 copy which I haven't opened yet and get it for Xbox now.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I pre-ordered this on PS4 and barely played the first few levels. Guess I'll jump back in when it's patched up! Curious to see how the new box art looks.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
wait, why is it being pulled from retail on ps4? So the DLC is on disk for offline play?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the 60fps limit is CPU tied and not GPU tied... Because if One X can reach 4k, I want to see it in 5k downsampled.

Oct 31, 2017
Improved loading is pretty good, hopefully it's much closer in line with the original games' load times as that was one of the worst parts about the N. Sane Trilogy. It definitely hurt the pacing for the games, that's for sure, similar to how load times plagued Wrath of Cortex back in the day.

It'd be nice if they said something about tweaking the hit/collision boxes to tighten up jumping, but I guess that's too unrealistic... Still though, the fact that they are updating the game at all is pretty good.

Oct 25, 2017
Improved loading is pretty good, hopefully it's much closer in line with the original games' load times as that was one of the worst parts about the N. Sane Trilogy. It definitely hurt the pacing for the games, that's for sure, similar to how load times plagued Wrath of Cortex back in the day.

It'd be nice if they said something about tweaking the hit/collision boxes to tighten up jumping, but I guess that's too unrealistic... Still though, the fact that they are updating the game at all is pretty good.
If I can play this version without it just feeling 'off', then I'll buy the Switch version in a heartbeat. Playing the PS4 version at a friend's house was a disappointment.

Oct 31, 2017
If I can play this version without it just feeling 'off', then I'll buy the Switch version in a heartbeat. Playing the PS4 version at a friend's house was a disappointment.

Yeah I played through all of the first and second game and most of the third on PS4, but the games definitely didn't feel as good as the originals. It was a pretty close approximation honestly, but the slight slipperiness and missing jumps is definitely noticeable.

It would be nice if they corrected those kinds of things. If they did, I'd probably re-buy it on the PC, tho a Switch version is definitely tempting too.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like a great effort by the devs! Hopefully the hitboxes are included in the adjustments.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I played through all of the first and second game and most of the third on PS4, but the games definitely didn't feel as good as the originals. It was a pretty close approximation honestly, but the slight slipperiness and missing jumps is definitely noticeable.

It would be nice if they corrected those kinds of things. If they did, I'd probably re-buy it on the PC, tho a Switch version is definitely tempting too.
Hopping across hippos in the PS4 version was PAIN.
Went straight back to PS1 version after that.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, 60fps on PC. That was all I was hoping for. Improved loading times is a nice bonus.

Last edited:

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
1 cartridge and no download on Switch, huh. Is that a big deal, is this a large game... I mean a large, erm... package.. on Switch?

Playtendo

Apr 19, 2018
I am tempted to go back and try for the platinum on the CSB and Warped. I did love playing it but I wasted so much time trying to get gold/platinum relics that the fun began to ebb away

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Activision doing physical rereleases with new content on disc? That's new. I wonder if they'd consider that for WW2.

Mar 17, 2018
Not even sure why I bought this on PS4 to be honest. What a fucking waste of my money. 60FPS only of PC get the fuck outta here man. How the fuck is this game not running 60FPS in at least 1080p mode on PS4 Pro? Now I might as well just switch over to the fucking PC version. Shit pisses me off.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
60fps is wonderful news. I hope the PC version has HDR, VV did the Destiny 2 PC port which had it so fingers crossed.