• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnybarra

Nov 1, 2018
What did beenox make before
They're best is the two original transformers game last generation.

Fantastic games that got me interested in that world after not really caring about them for most of my life.

That was before they we're forced to make a movie tie in and then they were put into helping with Destiny and now Black Ops.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Looks like First 4 Figures is doing a statue to accommodate the game:
image0.png

I hope it's PVC and affordable because I loved their N. Sane statue from a while back.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Loove this game, but had some sticker shock when I saw the $60 deluxe edition.

Now that I see you can unlock Oxide in the regular version it's better, and I think I'll get that, but I still think it's a bit high.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Loove this game, but had some sticker shock when I saw the $60 deluxe edition.

Now that I see you can unlock Oxide in the regular version it's better, and I think I'll get that, but I still think it's a bit high.

Im kinda getting tired of this "Pay extra to unlock characters already in the game earlier" trend.

Dragon Ball FighterZ did it, Injustice 2 did it and now CTR is doing it too.

Are people really that lazy about unlocking?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im kinda getting tired of this "Pay extra to unlock characters already in the game earlier" trend.

as long as they don't intentionally make unlocking the characters super hard, it's ok.
in this case what they're offering for the extra 20$ is really not worth it. one extra character, one extra cart (that are both unlockable in the base version) and a bunch of skins for half the price of the actual game is crazy.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
as long as they don't intentionally make unlocking the characters super hard, it's ok.
in this case what they're offering for the extra 20$ is really not worth it. one extra character, one extra cart (that are both unlockable in the base version) and a bunch of skins for half the price of the actual game is crazy.

I think they said the unlock condition was basically beating all the staff ghosts, no?

Could be very hard for non hardcore players.

Like, when i was a wee lad i could never unlock T.T. in DKR due to this ; v ;

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I guess they are, but it doesn't bother me. People can throw their money away if they want, and it doesn't take anything away from me like DLC sometimes does.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
i guess activision has bought the CTR and crash team racing name from sony?

this is on the back cover of the original game on ps1:
screenshot2018-12-07ad4iku.jpg

this is the copyright notice at the end of the trailer for the remake:
screenshot2018-12-07aybf9j.jpg
I think Sony still owns the PS1 titles, but not the remakes as they might be seen as different "entities".

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really curious about the deluxe edition content. If it's just a littlebit of content, and most of it's unlockable in-game (like N.Oxide) then there's no real reason for me to get it, but if they do a season pass of sorts (even if it's just a couple of courses/characters) and this includes it then i'd be interested in grabbing it.

Really hoping they do some more courses/characters post-release, this game's a goldmine for some awesome potentional DLC between Nitro Karts courses and Spyro content they could use.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
who said that? i don't think there was anyway you could unlock him in the original version, did they say that specifically for this remake?

The press release says he'll be unlockable in game through story mode challenges, i don't know why i instantly assumed this meant beating staff ghosts (which in the original were displayed as N. Oxide if i recall correctly)

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The press release says he'll be unlockable in game through story mode challenges, i don't know why i instantly assumed this meant beating staff ghosts (which in the original were displayed as N. Oxide if i recall correctly)
i think it'll be something easier. maybe even just "beating" the adventure mode.

Azzawon

Oct 25, 2017
Scunthorpe, UK
I've done something pretty dumb and pre-ordered already for PS4. Problem is, I don't know where to find the promotional theme and avatars that you receive with it. Can anyone help me out?

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
The comment section in the Youtube video just strengthens my point, lol. So many just irrelevantly bashing Mario Kart and so many feeling the need to tell the world it's the best kart racer. I guess I will just never understand why people are so insecure about this title compared to Mario Kart.

I really don't understand either. They're either insecure about this, about Mario Kart, or about the console which they love. It's unfortunate.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I've done something pretty dumb and pre-ordered already for PS4. Problem is, I don't know where to find the promotional theme and avatars that you receive with it. Can anyone help me out?
In Europe, the pre-order bonuses usually unlock on release date/close to release date.
Don't know if it's the same in the US...

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Can we play as Nitrus Oxide in this version?
Please no boss only characters

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit of CTR on my vita today for the first time in years and all the memories came flooding back lol. Can't wait to play this when it comes out.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I wonder if they are working on a new Crash game then or still helping with Destiny 2.

VV are working on at least two projects that I know of, one of them being Destiny support and the other being an "exciting new project" for which they're hiring multiplayer network engineers and netcode programmers. I had suspected that one was CTR, but I guess not now. So I don't know what it'd be if it's Crash.

Nov 18, 2018
On the Microsoft's Xbox store website it is shown to have Xbox One X Enhanced, Ultra 4K, and HDR support. Thank God Activision is remastering this like the 'N sane Trilogy' and uses the extra power of the X hardware. I was afraid it is another lazy port like Spyro. This settles it, XB1X and Switch for me.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Not gonna lie, my hype went from "OMG day 1" to "ah let's wait and see" as soon as I saw that Beenox logo. With that said, my friend said they did the racing portion of Skylanders: SuperChargers which he said was decent. Will definitely keep an eye on it as you can never have enough kart racers.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Not gonna lie, my hype went from "OMG day 1" to "ah let's wait and see" as soon as I saw that Beenox logo. With that said, my friend said they did the racing portion of Skylanders: SuperChargers which he said was decent. Will definitely keep an eye on it as you can never have enough kart racers.

So what you're saying is the video was satisfying and you thought it looked good and exciting and well made until you saw the logo in the last 3 seconds? Because that's how I'm reading it and it sounds a bit... odd? I understand being wary of unproven teams, but developers have breakthrough games all the time when given the ball like this.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Some of their "analysis" team which out of touch probably thought would be better to only focus on Sonic just like Mario(which is itself expanding to Nintendo universe). SEGA is not great company when it comes to making rational decisions.
It will bomb and fail.

Lol, because people care so much about Beat, Ulala, NIGHTS...

I would bet Big is more well-known than those combined, which is just sad.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
So what you're saying is the video was satisfying and you thought it looked good and exciting and well made until you saw the logo in the last 3 seconds? Because that's how I'm reading it and it sounds a bit... odd? I understand being wary of unproven teams, but developers have breakthrough games all the time when given the ball like this.
Plenty of trailers make things look great. No disrespect meant towards any individual person that works at Beenox, but I have yet to play a game made by Beenox that has been good. I think it's rational to feel that way given their history.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious about the deluxe edition content. If it's just a littlebit of content, and most of it's unlockable in-game (like N.Oxide) then there's no real reason for me to get it, but if they do a season pass of sorts (even if it's just a couple of courses/characters) and this includes it then i'd be interested in grabbing it.

Really hoping they do some more courses/characters post-release, this game's a goldmine for some awesome potentional DLC between Nitro Karts courses and Spyro content they could use.
The Xbox Store description says there will be additional content...of some kind...

"Pre-order and receive the Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Bonus In-game Item* and the Crash Head - Xbox One avatar Mask**. Greetings, creatures of this planet. Nitros Oxide has come to compete! Purchase the Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Nitros Oxide Edition and play as the infamous Nitros Oxide from day one in all game modes. Includes: • Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Full Game • Nitros Oxide - playable character† • Nitros Oxide - character skin • Oxide's Hovercraft - playable kart† • Star Crash - Crash Character Skin • Star Coco - Coco Character Skin • Star Cortex - Neo Cortex Character Skin • Additional Digital Content to be announced later *Bonus in-game item delivered at launch. **Crash Head - Xbox One Avatar Mask will be available 7-10 days after the promotion's end. Promotion ends 6/21/19 at Midnight PST. †Nitros Oxide character and Oxide's Hovercraft kart also earnable in-game as rewards in the Adventure Mode. © 2018 Activision Publishing Inc. ACTIVISION, CRASH TEAM RACING, CTR, CRASH BANDICOOT and CRASH are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc."

Also...I want that Crash Avatar Mask.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Has Naughty Dog ever spoken about how they feel that the games they created way back when as exclusives for the Playstation are now becoming available on "rival" hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.