• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm hoping these Nitro Kart tracks will be pretty fun with different physics, handling and some tweaks. I'm not sure what made them bland in the first place but I hope they make them more visually lively and make the music much more peppy in a way that retro remixes masters have perfected. There is some great remixes of classic game music floating around online.

Nitro Kart felt the way it did because it had really slow acceleration. Top speed was fine but it takes so much effort to get to it, and especially to maintain it. Karts felt heavier in general as a result, and a lot of shortcuts needed really precise jumps. Tracks were extremely long. Too long. The last hub world's tracks exceed six or seven minutes and the final boss track is probably the longest.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
man i can't get over what they did to Electron Avenue, you could pass that of as being a whole new track

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Nitro Kart felt the way it did because it had really slow acceleration. Top speed was fine but it takes so much effort to get to it, and especially to maintain it. Karts felt heavier in general as a result, and a lot of shortcuts needed really precise jumps. Tracks were extremely long. Too long. The last hub world's tracks exceed six or seven minutes and the final boss track is probably the longest.
Oh, I like having a good mix of shorter and longer tracks. The longer ones are some of my favorites, with Polar Pass and Tiny Arena from CTR springing to mind.

Nitro-Fueled ought to be the best of both worlds ♥

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Everybody better buy this. The genre deserves it. Such a wonderful genre of games that is absolutely breathtaking on modern hardware.

Buy this and force them to make sequels due to the millions of copies sold.

NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!

gamessaga344.gif

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere but was pleased to see some Nitro Kart course footage. Are there any others around aside from Electron Avenue?

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Everybody better buy this. The genre deserves it. Such a wonderful genre of games that is absolutely breathtaking on modern hardware.

Buy this and force them to make sequels due to the millions of copies sold.

NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!

gamessaga344.gif
With maker 2 and FE coming out this summer, I'll probably hold off on buying it until a later date. Itll be interesting to see how the switch version performs considering that MM2 is coming out a week earlier than CTR.
Anyway, this game is looking great.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
My ONLY complaint out of everything I've seen is that it looks like they're sticking with baby-talk Crash from the Tag-Team/Titans days.

The amount of sound Crash makes is largely consistent with the amount of vocalizing he did in CTR and CNK already... A lot of the vocalizations in the videos so far are even just Jess Harnell doing impressions of clips from CTR :V

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I'm willing to bet this retro track they're talking about is totally the iced themed one that was cut at the last minute from the PS1 version.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's some footage of the tracks with the player talking about the feel of the game, while also slowing down to take in the details of the level.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same guy again, going through the details of the level for Electron Avenue.

All 7 courses in one vid:

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope the resolution isn't shit on the Switch handheld mode considering it only will be at 30fps, compared to MK8D at 720P/60FPS. I don't think 600-720P is asking too much here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone new to this series, the only thing I don't like aesthetically are the green boost pads. Green seems to mean "avoid" and I personally would have liked a switch to orange, yellow or something else. Maybe I'll get accustomed to it.

Final video commentary about details of the Sewer level, including the secret shortcut.

Vid showing online lobby and select screen.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
As someone new to this series, the only thing I don't like aesthetically are the green boost pads. Green seems to mean "avoid" and I personally would have liked a switch to orange, yellow or something else. Maybe I'll get accustomed to it.

You'll definitely get used to it. Boost pads are everywhere in CTR, and in many cases it'd be much harder to avoid them than it is to hit them. Pretty sure they're actually unavoidable in a lot of places.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Fake Crash looking good
A bit unrelated but they better make Spyro playable in this game.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
the twitter account also uploaded a bit for fake crash footage on Jungle Boogie from Nitro Kart

Oct 25, 2017
Hm? All the tracks in the intro are accounted for, unless you mean the one shown in between Polar and Dingodile. That just seems to be a straight road from Tiger Temple, but in the same environment as the Rampage Ruins crystal challenge from Adventure Mode.
Maybe I'm mistaken but there is no area of Tiger Temple that has a straight road like that with that level of curvature, as well as the lighting looking completely different. If I had to guess, they had to create a custom, basic road that could fit in the memory of the PSX for that cutscene since they are jumping between several locations in so little time.
the twitter account also uploaded a bit for fake crash footage on Jungle Boogie from Nitro Kart

This game is looking so lush!

Start at the 2:50 mark, the team had a figure 8 snow track that was nearly finished.

Never knew that! There's no reference to it elsewhere it seems.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm mistaken but there is no area of Tiger Temple that has a straight road like that with that level of curvature, as well as the lighting looking completely different. If I had to guess, they had to create a custom, basic road that could fit in the memory of the PSX for that cutscene since they are jumping between several locations in so little time.

This game is looking so lush!

Never knew that! There's no reference to it elsewhere it seems.
This is where I could recall finding it directly from
https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Crash_Team_Racing#Unused_Ice_Themed_Track

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yeah, that's what I meant. The texture of the road resembles Tiger Temple's, but that actual stretch of terrain isn't from any race track.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I realize some of you will still be upset but there's some good news for those really wanting 60fps:

According to this article by MMO Games (whom have played the game), it will be 60fps on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X

Nitro-Fueled has a steady frame rate of 30 frames per second on the original PlayStation 4 hardware, but those of you with an Xbox One X and/or PlayStation 4 Pro will be able to enjoy the game at a solid 60 frames per second when all is said and done. These will no doubt be the superior versions of Nitro-Fueled, though there's nothing wrong with taking the game on the portable front with the Switch, if you can step away from Mario Kart 8 long enough.

https://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/crash-team-racing-hands-on/

Last edited:

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Okay, I realize some of you will still be upset but there's some good news for those really wanting 60fps:

According to this article by MMO Games (whom have played the game), it will be 60fps on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X
Also, there's PC mentioned but I think that's just a mistake (hope I'm wrong)

If it's just one outlet reporting that, I'd definitely take it with a pinch of salt. Great news for X and Pro owners if true, though!

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like we need another source on this to confirm. If true, this is new-thread worthy.

For now at least. Crash N Sane did incredibly well on PC too. They'll likely take their time releasing it there per usual but I'm sure it's coming after they ship the console versions.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe that what finally makes me upgrade to a PS4 Pro is playing Crash and Dangerous Driving at 60fps.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even more crazy details in the new tracks (like someone trying to row up a waterfall and a lion spanking a hunter).

Details about the feel of the game and criticisms (apparently lockon reticule appears and makes noise when warp ball is fired, which can get annoying if it was fired from a long distance away)

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Some more Fake Crash, and a look at another of the remade Nitro Kart tracks.

Looks fantastic, and there's at least 31 of these tracks. This is supposedly a simple track yet looks amazing and fun due to the lush foliage. This and Sonic are gonna make some kid's Christmas this year.

I wonder if they expanded on the storymode or kept it a basic 1-1 translation. It would be cool if they did something like Spyro Reignited.

Oct 25, 2017

Some more Fake Crash, and a look at another of the remade Nitro Kart tracks.

Don't know what people are smoking when they say this game looks like shit and "should be running at 60fps". Not without a massive downgrade in visuals it can't. Just say that you'd rather have a less graphically intensive game, but don't talk out of your ass like visuals on this level "should" be running at 60 fps.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I never played Nitro Kart. How many more playable characters did it have compared to the first title?

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
I never played Nitro Kart. How many more playable characters did it have compared to the first title?
I wouldn't say it had more playable characters per se.
It added a few original characters on its own due to story mode but it basically replaced several of the bosses from CTR. Pinstripe, Papu Papu, Komodo Joe, Ripper Roo were all gone.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Don't know what people are smoking when they say this game looks like shit and "should be running at 60fps". Not without a massive downgrade in visuals it can't. Just say that you'd rather have a less graphically intensive game, but don't talk out of your ass like visuals on this level "should" be running at 60 fps.
It's hard to discuss anything CTR here when most of the posts are people complaining about the framerate and boycotting the game because of it.

It's like back in the old forum when people were portbegging in EVERY Crash thread prior to N. Sane's initial launch.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
It added a few original characters on its own due to story mode but it basically replaced several of the bosses from CTR. Pinstripe, Papu Papu, Komodo Joe, Ripper Roo were all gone.

Thanks. Seems like we could be getting the best of the bunch in this game.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, not sure if you guys noticed this but we got at least two builds for the game during PAX.

As you can see, the boost meter had(s) multiple designs.
I personally believe they'll stick to the one resembling the original from CTR for the final buil/release version but I thought it was worth pointing out.
cExv616.jpg

llLL7W7.jpg

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

To further this, N Trance, Crunch, and Oxide were the existing newcomers. The other new characters were made exclusively for CNK.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Btw, not sure if you guys noticed this but we got at least two builds for the game during PAX.

As you can see, the boost meter had(s) multiple designs.
I personally believe they'll stick to the one resembling the original from CTR for the final buil/release version but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Some peoples' "PAX footage" was actually recorded a month earlier at Actis offices, and just embargoed til PAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.