• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
I'm starting to think that cover art is final. I really don't like it.

I was hoping it was a Crash/Spyro trilogy cover situation, where both had "announcement" cover art which was better than most placeholders but still a placeholder, with an official reveal a couple of months out :/

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Zam and Zem are the least interesting characters they could have added to this game(Rilla Roo is bad but he attracts attention because of his awfulness).

Maybe the devs will give them some personality this time around though

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Zam and Zem are the least interesting characters they could have added to this game(Rilla Roo is bad but he attracts attention because of his awfulness).

Maybe the devs will give them some personality this time around though

Zam is just space Muttley, but Zem is outright terrible.

I'm fine with most characters, but not that. Not that. I just hope Beenox has sense enough to recognize a mistake and correct it, as is the case with Zem's... "personality"

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
I completely disagree with that; just like Sonic, many got to know Crash with multiplatform games and grew playing those games.

I started playing Crash with the PS1 but I continued in touch with the franchise along the multiplatform titles too, and even though I'd agree (to an extend) they missed the mark in some aspects, I have as much attachment to them as the original PS1 games. Personally I'm just not a fan of Radical Entertainment games (Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant), but not even those I can say for sure doesn't have its fans
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm on the same boat as you.
Im just saying they had some issues that prevented them to be as "memorable" as the original trilogy and team racing.
They could theoretically remake all the games post ND if they wanted to but there would be some skepticism around them.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm on the same boat as you.
Im just saying they had some issues that prevented them to be as "memorable" as the original trilogy and team racing.
They could theoretically remake all the games post ND if they wanted to but there would be some skepticism around them.
I'm grateful for what we're getting with Nitro-Fueled, but I also want them just to continue the franchise forward. Even without the bias against the Radical games, I think everyone sees them as a huge departure of design and gameplay philosophy of all the games that came before, so those I think they could just ignore. But if Activision is aiming for a complete new game next, they can still mix and match stuff from the post ND games and there wouldn't be anything weird imo.

If there's any desire of bringing Wrath of Cortex, TwnSanity and Tag Team Racing to modern platforms, I suppose a Rayman 3 HD treatment would be enough

I couldn't find it on eshop yesterday
Here it is; I took this picture right now (NA eShop); it's in the "Coming Soon" section
photo5046296976496371754.jpg

Last edited:

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So we've now seen all the original CTR and Nitro Kart characters except for N. Tropy, Penta, N. Trance, and Velo. Gonna guess these may be our last characters, aside from maybe an extra like Spyro.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been awhile since I've checked this thread - was it ever confirmed that the Pro and 1X would have performance modes (60 FPS)?

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm grateful for what we're getting with Nitro-Fueled, but I also want them just to continue the franchise forward. Even without the bias against the Radical games, I think everyone sees them as a huge departure of design and gameplay philosophy of all the games that came before, so those I think they could just ignore. But if Activision is aiming for a complete new game next, they can still mix and match stuff from the post ND games and there wouldn't be anything weird imo.

Story wise and thematically they have as much if not more in common with the original three games than any other game in the series does. If you just put the original character designs over top of their stories, they could slot right in. Titans is Cortex re-using his original mutant army plot except he does a better job, and MoM is the logical conclusion of the N.Brio/Cortex sub plot. The original series' official publisher canon was Crash 1-3, WOC, TS, Titans and MoM.

EDIT: Should clarify: I'm not going to bat for more remakes. New content please.

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Call me square, but I wasn't overly fond of the excessive self-referential humor and random wackiness of the later Crash games. I also feel like Crash himself took on a more malicious persona around the time of Twinsanity.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Story wise and thematically they have as much if not more in common with the original three games than any other game in the series does. If you just put the original character designs over top of their stories, they could slot right in. Titans is Cortex re-using his original mutant army plot except he does a better job, and MoM is the logical conclusion of the N.Brio/Cortex sub plot. The original series' official publisher canon was Crash 1-3, WOC, TS, Titans and MoM.

EDIT: Should clarify: I'm not going to bat for more remakes. New content please.
yeah, I know they just followed the story like nobody have changed; They even had a joke in CotT that Tiny says he wasn't invited for the last game (being TwinSanity).

I think my biggest gripe is indeed gameplay.. and not that I necessarily don't think Crash is suited for combat (heck, I'm the biggest supporter to have Crash for Smash and I though Toys for Bob made a incredible job for his moveset in Skylanders), the Titans themselves are my problem. If the Radical games were structured more like the rest of the series, I wouldn't mind the redesigns at all (I even liked a bit more the DS version of Crash of the Tians because of that)

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Zem and Zam huh. I hope they won't skip out on Krunk, Nash, the Norms and Geary. I know they were only bosses in CNK and only playable in the GBA version, but they were at least a lot more relevant and interesting than these gnorcs. Still looking great tho.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to see that no one made a thread about the CNK characters reveal and the Oxide Edition content...

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017
If those two idiot nonentities are back in the roster and Billy West remains locked down again, I won't know what to say. The bosses in the original CNK had far more going for them than most non-Naughty Dog characters, and I would have happily thrown out the entire Team Oxide to see them playable.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Zam is just space Muttley, but Zem is outright terrible.

I'm fine with most characters, but not that. Not that. I just hope Beenox has sense enough to recognize a mistake and correct it, as is the case with Zem's... "personality"

I- uh- wh-

I never played Nitro Kart so this is the first I'm seeing this wretch. I'm all for completionism, but this guy could've stayed in the original.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that looks really good.
Unless you're really nitpicky you barely can notice the changes made to the Switch version.
I'm getting the PS4 and Switch versions so I'm really happy they're almost identical.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I was already convinced to get on Switch no matter what and I wasn't expected a huge downgrade considering how good N. Sane Trilogy already looked, but these screenshots are great!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That Switch version looks nice. I'll be getting it on PS4 due to the exclusive content though.

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Excellent Switch conversion going by the geometry, shadows and lights in the first screenshot.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most ppl shit on the post naughty dog content but honestly I really liked it. I'd be so excited for. Twinsanity HD remaster or remake ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably done buying Crash/Spyro remakes after this one, so I hope they have original games lined up next.

Wonder if CTR could get DLC support in the meantime? I would be hyped for some original tracks.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm probably done buying Crash/Spyro remakes after this one, so I hope they have original games lined up next.

Wonder if CTR could get DLC support in the meantime? I would be hyped for some original tracks.
considering the potential sales this game will get, DLC is already being discussed internally. And from that interview that Thomas Wilson gave to Canadian Guy Eh, seemed like they would do Tag Team Racing content as well, to make this the whole racing trilogy in one package.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
That's uh.. actually a really small size considering all the content it has.

Wonder what the Switch and PS4 size will be.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Here's two "new" screenshots from GamesRadar's OPM interview with Thomas Wilson in the April 2019 issue
s2n8vousnkeutiaegt8gvn.jpg

jfjx2ermf2sdeg4qnvx44o.jpg

It's easy to feel a mixture of joy and trepidation when approaching any remaster. The joy of an old favourite returning clashing with the understanding that it might spoil your memory of the original; that's the effect of nostalgia for you. Still, developer Beenox is helping to alleviate our fears as it continues to lovingly craft Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled.

OPM sat down with Beenox creative director and co-studio head Thomas Wilson to discuss the upcoming kart racer, covering the studio's attempts not only to recreate what was once great but elevate for a new generation of players entirely.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Some weirdness going on with the shaders there. Cortex looks awfully glossy/metallic in the top image, as do N.Gin's eyes in the bottom one. And Dingodile doesn't seem to have a visible tail, so maybe this is an old build.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Some weirdness going on with the shaders there. Cortex looks awfully glossy/metallic in the top image, as do N.Gin's eyes in the bottom one. And Dingodile doesn't seem to have a visible tail, so maybe this is an old build.
The lighting seems to be the biggest visual problem when it comes to the Crash remakes but I think it boils down to the engine they're using. It just makes things look so wonky.

Case in point:
C-2xxLEXsAAiTFl.jpg

I think it improved somewhat in CTR but it still has some kinks that need fixin'.

Last edited:

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
It is an older build, this originally came up right around the time when the Official PlayStation Magazine April 2019 issue released during the month of March, so most likely this is from the February build or earlier

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Appears to be Out of Time. Looks like the anti-gravity section on the clock face has been replaced with a grounded circular turn.

I wonder if they'll have anything else interesting going on in that section, given that driving on the clock face was kind of the big set piece of the track.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Out of Time was the Nitro Kart track I was more curious to see remade. The big clock section in anti-gravity was a big part of that so I wondered how they'd change

EDIT: that was even the track they choose to put in the box art of CNK back then
30115847702059.jpg

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Someone suggests that it's actually part of one of NK's hub zones, possibly hinting at a NK adventure mode.

The double arch and actual clock have me leaning towards Out of Time, but the skybox is similar to both, and the presence of what might be a warp pad is worth noting. But I feel like a NK adventure mode reveal would be saved for E3 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.