• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The preload already started. It's gonna be tough seeing that icon on the main menu for a whole week.

Seems like PS4 has the old icon though, the one that looks like the PSX cover.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
God, that threa
The preload already started. It's gonna be tough seeing that icon on the main menu for a whole week.

Seems like PS4 has the old icon though, the one that looks like the PSX cover.
It should be getting updated to match the ones on Xbox One and Switch, no way they're gonna keep it with that one

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
It actually looked like the new one until the preload period started.
Huh... I wonder why. Maybe when the patch comes in that gets changed to the new one

Anyways, about the whole thing regarding handling/drifting, how the hell do some people still not understand it? Is it really that hard to grasp how it functions?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Huh... I wonder why. Maybe when the patch comes in that gets changed to the new one

Anyways, about the whole thing regarding handling/drifting, how the hell do some people still not understand it? Is it really that hard to grasp how it functions?
Something must be off, because in the notifications you actually see the new icon. Right now the store, the notifications thing and the actual icon are all different

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You kinda have to remember a lot of these journalists are juggling between different other pre-release games in a not so comfortable environment. I don't imagine they had any time or hints on how the game works, especially if Mario Kart is what they're used to, so I'd cut em some slack.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
MK8 looks great, but there's still a massive gulf in visuals between it and CNF.

3.jpg

2017050900284700-1685d7say.jpg

Let's not pretend MK8 didn't need to hit massive concessions to hit that 60fps.

But when you're whizzing along at such a high speed, you don't get to stop to notice some of those details.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017

It has already been said but the amount of details and life they've added to the environments is crazy. I still can't believe this remake exists in this shape and form, we are not worthy.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Now that the game finished downloading, it changed to the new icon thankfully.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
This game gonna sell gangbusters during whole summer. Activision is pretty smart on release dates. Nothing else release all summer besides these days . Mortal Kombat and Crash will get my all summer time

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But when you're whizzing along at such a high speed, you don't get to stop to notice some of those details.
I still love the idea of putting in "blink and you'll miss it" details during a hectic race. Imagine rounding a corner badly and trying to pick up speed and then glancing up saying "Is that lion spanking a safari hunter?" before eating a missile. I expect casual fans to get a kick out of those.

60fps would have been nice though. Maybe on the PS5/ Scarlett with little loadtimes so you can jump from one race to the next.
Now that the game finished downloading, it changed to the new icon thankfully.
I actually prefer both the placeholder icons to this weird looking version, but oh well, it's just an icon.
This game gonna sell gangbusters during whole summer. Activision is pretty smart on release dates. Nothing else release all summer besides these days . Mortal Kombat and Crash will get my all summer time
So funny that after all these years the industry makes all these crafty machinations to make more money, except sell during the summer months when kids actually have time to play them.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So since we are a week out, I guess we'll be seeing some copies out in the wild soon as some store somewhere is probably going to break market date. Few things I still want to confirm.

1. Show us the Pit Stop and the various cost for characters, karts and customization in it, is the grind going to be reasonable or obnoxious?
2. Show us the online lobby rooms, I'm concerned we're still getting the "8 Players in one room, only the host gets to pick what track everyone races one" situation that the demos are using, as E3 is using the same set-up.
3. Show us how good the netcode is.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I still love the idea of putting in "blink and you'll miss it" details during a hectic race. Imagine rounding a corner badly and trying to pick up speed and then glancing up saying "Is that lion spanking a safari hunter?" before eating a missile. I expect casual fans to get a kick out of those.

It also adds a lot for spectators to enjoy. That's part of why the wait to see new tracks/footage has been so thrilling.

Or just folks who like to explore tracks. I know when I was young I used to sometimes quit whatever it was the game wanted me to do to go explore all the low-poly mysteries I had imagined in the original game. Kind of like that virtual tourism thing they added into the recent Assassin's Creed game. Sometimes you just want to see the sights.

Or hell, all the players who aren't super skilled at the game and don't hit crazy speeds or come to grips with the mechanics for a long while, maybe never.

Either way, I suspect it's going to be a non-issue in a year and a half or so, and we'll have ended up with a better game in the long run.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Just ran through all the Oxide time trials on the original CTR. That wasn't nearly as hard as I remembered it to be, at least once I remembered I shouldn't be using Crash and his trash stats. Switched to N. Gin and beat all Oxide's times in one sitting. Makes me wonder if the new shown stats are accurate or not, looking back at the old stats there is definitely some balancing that could be done. (Like the 2/2/3 (speed/accel/turn) on Crash vs the 4/4/2 on Coco in the original definitely seems crazy unbalanced in hindsight, the 5/5/5 vs 4/7/3 shown in the Nitro-Fueled footage seems much more sensible assuming those bars aren't lies like the bars in the original)

Do we have any idea when the review embargo lifts? I really want some info on the Switch performance and I'm sure we won't get that till the reviews hit.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Only real concern I still have is indeed the netcode (and that hopefully the matchmaking is at least somewhat decent).

No doubt there will be some microtransaction shenanigans ect. that will spark some conversation but I'm more than fine with it. They went above and beyond what I expected and hoped for this game (except give me N.Brio you cowards!). Hell, I'll gladly support the team and Acti for bringing Crash back in a big way. I'll buy a stupid hat for Cortex.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Only real concern I still have is indeed the netcode (and that hopefully the matchmaking is at least somewhat decent).

No doubt there will be some microtransaction shenanigans ect. that will spark some conversation but I'm more than fine with it. They went above and beyond what I expected and hoped for this game (except give me N.Brio you cowards!). Hell, I'll gladly support the team and Acti for bringing Crash back in a big way. I'll buy a stupid hat for Cortex.
Honestly, as long as things can be bought at a reasonable price with the in-game currency I wouldn't mind being able to buy things with real money.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Beenox really needs to have a mandatory tutorial when you first boot up the game. I was watching some of the gameplay Gamespot uploaded and it seriously feels like the person playing hasn't touched a kart racer in their lives.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Is there any direct feed footage of the switch version? Am especially curious for handheld
Yes! Docked gameplay, I assume, but Nintendo published the Electron Skins Trailer in their channel with the game running on Switch. There's little compromise on graphics, imo (other than the fur shading gone, like in N. Sane Trilogy)

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I think what's keeping me from being excited about the game is the characters. Like. I'm not trying to shit on the game here, but games like a kart racer are usually sold on the personality of the supporting cast, and I've always struggled to see the appeal of anyone in Crash that isn't Crash himself, Coco, or Cortex. So I'm curious as to what you guys see in them?

Again, not trying to start anything, I just wanna get some perspective.

Oct 27, 2017
I am sorry but you should know by know answer of that. How could that even be a reality when multiplayer have to run both consoles.
Unless they artificially speed up base consoles frame count that was never going to be case.
This is not a valid excuse to not have 60fps. If it were, all games on PC would be tuned for the lowest common denominator, which would be utterly stupid.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
One more week, I can't wait. Do you think hard copies will sell out? I hate preordering but I really want this on disk.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I think what's keeping me from being excited about the game is the characters. Like. I'm not trying to shit on the game here, but games like a kart racer are usually sold on the personality of the supporting cast, and I've always struggled to see the appeal of anyone in Crash that isn't Crash himself, Coco, or Cortex. So I'm curious as to what you guys see in them?

There's some great characters other than Coco, Cortex and Crash, but yeah there's plenty of filler. Doubt anyone's excited to play as N.Gin

But Oxide, Dingodile, Tiny, N.Tropy and Riper Roo are pretty cool. Have you played the trilogy? I can see them not seeming very appealing if you haven't.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017

I'm gonna speak from the perspective of CTR and the trilogy, its memorable boss characters (Tiny Tiger, Dingodile, and N. Gin from my experience) and characters that you get to ride on (Baby T, Pura, and Polar Bear) where they've been given personality and character from previous games that makes it appealing to me to play

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to lose it if/when the game gets low scores over video footage of the reviewer trying to drift like in Mario Kart.
I'm already bracing for the inevitable "...but in a lot of ways, it still feels like the game is stuck in 1999..."

BITCH YOU WISH MORE KART RACERS HAD ITEM/DRIFT/ROSTER BALANCE AS GOOD AS CTR DID IN 99

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

Frankly, despite already loving most of the characters, one of Nitro-Fueled's greatest appeals to me as a Crash fan is that it is *establishing* good personalities for characters who were less defined before. The same reason I loved the Radical (Titans/MoM) era of Crash. They fleshed the existing characters out.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
This is not a valid excuse to not have 60fps. If it were, all games on PC would be tuned for the lowest common denominator, which would be utterly stupid.
In PC low fps users just get laggy game if you ever played that(or skips frames to keep up game actual frame rate) . All multiplayer games have "base actual run fps". In fighting games its usually 60 fps. If this was 30 fps on ps4 and 60 fps on ps4 pro there would be no way to not fuck PS4 players if they were able to play against ps4 pro users. Or they would restrict and do ps4 pro only lobbies , and with ps4 lobbies game would be 30 fps

which is utterly pointless amount of work

Status
Not open for further replies.