• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Switch port has GOT to be a clean looking 60 FPS or Mario Kart 8 will make it look primitive.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news! Really nice to see that it's a multiplat release.

Between this, Diablo III, the Crash collection and the Spyro collection I haven't been this interested in Activision published games since THPS was a thing. :P

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hell yeah, this is looking GREAT! In for the Switch version. I wonder how it stacks up to MK8D. Doesn't have to be as good, of course, but I'm hoping it's a great racing game (never played the original)!

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I wonder if it is a "all crash team racing in one" deal because a remake of the first only seems .... Small by today's standards

Oct 30, 2017
I still can't believe the Crash we all loved and adored is back.. it feels so good :'-)

Can't wait for this and I hope we see another Platforming game for Crash soon.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
60fps?

This pretty much confirms Sony paid for that crash exclusivity. How come that info never comes out when it concerns Sony?

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I was super hyped leading up to the trailer, but after having seen it...hm. Looking at it I just know it's gonna be 30FPS and not being on PC day 1 is super disappointing. If leading up to release it turns out the driving physics changed even slightly I'm out until they release it on pc.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Now add Spyro as DLC.
Why DLC when he could be a secret unlockable character? 👀👀

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I mean, I'll buy it if it comes to PC (this is a remake, not a new game in the series right? That title has me confused)

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
And the announcement trailer only showed PS4.
Furthermore the Spyro official site listed PC and Switch even though the game wasn't officially announced for that platform at the time.
The announcement was clearly like every marketing deals of this industry at the big events, the spyro "mistake" was clearly because those two versions exist already but they pressed the button too early for them on the site.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
huh, i thought it was a sOnY gAmE and not coming to other platforms
super happy that it's day one to all platforms, hopefully a pc port is going to come later too. the game looked AMAZING, they've done a great job upgrading the visuals, and i'm very happy that it seems like a faithful remake and they haven't messed with it a lot.
and spyro isn't in it, right? thank god, i just wanted a 1:1 remake.

"SonY OwnS CraSh TeAM RacINg"
lol, yeah. that thread was so sad to read, people getting hard ons over a possible exclusive

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I mean, I'll buy it if it comes to PC (this is a remake, not a new game in the series right? That title has me confused)

It's a remake, but it features both new content, and content from later Crash racers as well. Seems to be like a 'greatest hits' of CTR and its sequels, mostly focused on CTR and its particular handling and story campaign.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's a remake, but it features both new content, and content from later Crash racers as well. Seems to be like a 'greatest hits' of CTR and its sequels, mostly focused on CTR and its particular handling and story campaign.

Where are you getting "Content from later Crash racers" from?
Only new thing I saw was the different vehicle choices in the trailer, is that what you're referring to?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Where are you getting "Content from later Crash racers" from?
Only new thing I saw was the different vehicle choices in the trailer, is that what you're referring to?
Seems like it yeah. Personally I just treat it as being able to customize your kart so if it means using stuff from later Crash racing/kart games, then cool.
They're nice additions either way.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad that it indeed includes four player split acreen and online. The GOAT kart racer is back, would still like details in regards to the handling model.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
All of those karts are from Crash Nitro Kart, and the official site calls out "tracks from beyond the original game".

Gotcha, thanks. New tracks would definitely be welcome.

Seems like it yeah. Personally I just treat it as being able to customize your kart so if it means using stuff from later Crash racing/kart games, then cool.
They're nice additions either way.

I don't know, I never liked the MK8 system of choosing your own Kart and wheels. It always seriously slowed down getting into the actual game, especially when playing with newbies.
If this ends up being a system for making Polar a heavy or Tiny a light character I'm all for it. Otherwise it sucks.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the game will feature a lot of content beyond the initial CTR too then, despite my nostalgia for the classic CTR I kinda want more for a 40 Euros (guessing based on the other Crash and Spyro remasters) game at this point.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
2019 is gonna be a good year for kart racers. Sonic and Crash. And maybe that rumoured Star Fox game if the rumour isn't a load of BS.

Oct 25, 2017
This is the best generation ever.
Also has it been confirmed that it is the exact same story mode?
This game is peanuts compared to the scope of remaking all three original games. It will certainly have all of the original modes, story and characters at the very least. I don't see why people are worried it will be piecemeal.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah. So glad the Crash Remake was such a success to enable us to also get this.

Status
Not open for further replies.