• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I think it'd be nice to see some skins based on early concept art or different boss appearances in different games.

Dingodile4a.jpg

cory-turner-tiny-3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

NTropy2a.jpg

CrashBandicootPapuPapu1a.jpg

CrashBandicootPinstripe1.jpg

etc. etc.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

I asked the OP what they thought the framerate was, given that it's running on a PS4 Pro. Their response:

It is on the Pro, and it feels like it's in 60fps. Plus the Sony employee told me it ran at 4K 60fps.

4k 60fps on the Pro sounds too good to be true (I can't think of any game that hits 4k 60fps on Pro with this level of visual fidelity), so I remain skeptical. 1080p 60fps would be nice enough alone.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know exactly which content is exclusive to the PS4 version so far, is it just that unnanounced "retro track" or are certain pre-order skins also exclusive?

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know exactly which content is exclusive to the PS4 version so far, is it just that unnanounced "retro track" or are certain pre-order skins also exclusive?
The only PS4 exclusive content we know (so far) are the retro track and the retro skins for Crash, Coco and Cortex.

The electron skins for the same characters are a preorder bonus but those are for all the platforms, not just PS4.

The Nitros Oxide Edition will also have its own exclusive skins, Nitros Oxide unlocked out of the gate and digital content (still unannounced afaik) but it's fair to assume it'll be available at the very least for PS4 and Xbox.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's that offscreen footage of Tiger Temple from reddit.

Boost chaining in Crash Cove.

Last edited:

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
The Nitros Oxide Edition will also have its own exclusive skins, Nitros Oxide unlocked out of the gate and digital content (still unannounced afaik) but it's fair to assume it'll be available at the very least for PS4 and Xbox.
Ah, really? That's kind of annoying, I want to unlock Oxide legitimately but I don't want to miss out on some skins. I'll wait and see what they look like.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Random as hell skins indeed lmao
Pink Ripper Roo tho ❤️

btw, Tiger Temple looks simply beautiful.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More footage. First with Ripper Roo, then a zoomed in mockup of the twitter footage to resemble direct feed, then customization:

Stage looks great with the lightning and dark atmosphere. I want these stages in an actual Crash platformer.

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

Looks real good. My only minor nitpick is that the secret shortcut lacks the contrasting warmth it had in the original.

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe it's just the off-screen footage or the older build, but the tunnel looks like it's mostly lit by moonlight.

Overall, I really like it though. Additions like the tigers on the bridges make it feel like a theme park ride.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
How come the shortcut didn't work the second time he tried it?

You have to hit it with a weapon of some sort to get the door to open. The first time he lobbed a potion at it. I don't think TNT works unless you maybe explode while rubbing up against the door. But then you're flipping around and it might close before you recover.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Found some new content on reddit. The amount of detail is amazing. Really wish Nsane Trilogy had as much care, they were so cheap Coco didn't even have an icon ffs. Also imagine if they had given us rainbow skins colors for the game lol.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

I THINK this might be Tiny Temple from Nitro Kart. It'll be interesting to see how the track looks now that they're ditching the anti-grav stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of detail is amazing. Really wish Nsane Trilogy had as much care, they were so cheap Coco didn't even have an icon ffs. Also imagine if they had given us rainbow skins colors for the game lol.
You're being overly harsh on the N. Sane Trilogy. It had a much lower budget than Nitro Fueled (since to Activision it was a risky venture at the time), and a much larger amount of content to remake across three games (100+ stages/9 gameplay styles/100's of enemy models, etc). Even with all of that working against them, they still managed to remake the hidden stage in Crash 1, added Coco as a playable character across all three games, added Sapphire, Gold, and Platinum Time Trials for Crash 1+2, Leaderboards for said Time Trials across all three games and a free brand new stage.

Vicarious Vision really poured a lot of love with the limited budget they had, and it shows. Gamers can really be so thankless sometimes.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't get the purpose of the blue bars on the cover? is it to represent speed? it makes it look like they're racing on a water slide.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my, that looks pretty cool. I knew they would have a final cover art that looks better than the reveal/placeholder one (and people still doubted that)

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Something about the art direction for the boxarts have looked very... cheap to me. Not much more of a fan of the final (?) one over the tentative one.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Something about the art direction for the boxarts have looked very... cheap to me. Not much more of a fan of the final (?) one over the tentative one.
I would place the blame (and it does suck, but at least with the final cover arts, I see that they're trying) on Activision relying on the agency that also gave us the Sonic Movie art... which you know, totally not hideous and cheap looking 😅

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
It's an ok cover.
TBH, I liked the placeholder one way more.
Was expecting a more visually enticing/busy art but I guess this will do.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
I would place the blame (and it does suck, but at least with the final cover arts, I see that they're trying) on Activision relying on the agency that also gave us the Sonic Movie art... which you know, totally not hideous and cheap looking 😅

GodDAMN. Boy, does that contextualize things a lot more, LOL. Their rendering style strongly exudes that... low-quality, pillow shaded, direct-to-DVD look. It's... it's not good for official boxarts. ;_;

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GodDAMN. Boy, does that contextualize things a lot more, LOL. Their rendering style strongly exudes that... low-quality, pillow shaded, direct-to-DVD look. It's... it's not good for official boxarts. ;_;
exactly, i'm quite sure of the game's quality but the box art has a bit of a shovelware look to it, which is a shame.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I liked the placeholder one more, frankly. The placement of Crash, Cortex and Coco was evoquing a lot the original CTR cover (at least the North American one). But I can live with that final one ^^"

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been a fan of the art style of these new Crash covers/key art. There's a dimension missing from the faux-CG look of the older covers, and I was hoping that the new games would inherit a more modern looking version of those.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I've never been a fan of the art style of these new Crash covers/key art. There's a dimension missing from the faux-CG look of the older covers, and I was hoping that the new games would inherit a more modern looking version of those.
Same sentiments.

The new artwork gives off some weird "low budget direct to video art" vibe you see on Disney DVDs and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.