• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
So I didn't really see this advertised anywhere, but in addition to the bobblehead Gamestop is giving for preorders, my Gamestop also gave this:
cOszALB.png
cOszALB

I think it's a really clever idea, themed after the game (for the car), and the smell is supposed to be Wumpa fruit. It smells good but I don't think good for a car LOL But I think it's cute so I kept it.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
So I didn't really see this advertised anywhere, but in addition to the bobblehead Gamestop is giving for preorders, my Gamestop also gave this:
cOszALB

I think it's a really clever idea, themed after the game (for the car), and the smell is supposed to be Wumpa fruit. It smells good but I don't think good for a car LOL But I think it's cute so I kept it.
They promoted this as the first physical preorder item in US and Canada, although in Canada the item came much later (I just recently was able to get my hands on it)

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally still hoping for a Spyro Trilogy for Switch + Spyro in CTR combo announcement an the Nintendo Direct. Somewhat unlikely with Sony's lock on marketing CTR, but it would be so perfect I can't stop hoping for it.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017

We at Beenox have been waiting for this for a long time. Today we're thrilled to announce the plans for post-launch content for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled! Aside from all of the tracks, characters, modes, and customization you already know about from the main game, expect even more content in the form of the CTR Nitro-Fueled Grand Prix: themed seasonal content and challenges available to anyone who has purchased the game, for no additional cost. This includes an additional track released at the start of each season, and available to play both online and locally from that season onward! The first of these seasons — the Nitro Tour Grand Prix — begins on July 3; less than two weeks after the game launches on June 21. This is our way to give Crash fans everywhere even more ways to race!

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spyro confirmed as well. However it looks like your going to have to play during these seasons and earn enough points to unlock them during it. I know it's free but I hate that they put what is basically a battle pass into CTR.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BABY FUCKING T

I DON'T EVEN CARE IF WE DON'T GET BANJO I THOUGHT BABY T WAS A LONG SHOT.

BEENOX

T H A N K Y O U

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit! Holy shit! Tawna, Spyro and fucking Baby T-Rex?!!! Forgive us for doubting you, Beenox.

And those levels look absolutely amazing!

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously thinking about picking this up for Switch and PS4. Beenox deserves it. Holy fucking shit.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
BABY T IS HERE

holy shit they are really gonna be doing a bunch of post release support huh, can't wait

HOLY SHIT

TROPHY GIRLS

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, they nailed it. I'm gonna assume it works similar to the rewards system from Call of Duty whereby you can earn rewards through playing, with microtransactions to speed things up.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Tawna, Baby T and Spyro are DLC?

I wonder if that means there's still characters left on the base game! How exciting.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
I simply love that the DLC will be free.
Also, funny how some of you guys were talking about wanting a track based on the Egypt levels from Crash 3 and.. well, there it is lol

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I was honestly thinking there's no way they're gonna have Coco as the only girl in the roster, and they dropped 5 just like that lol.

This is so cool. Super happy about Baby T in particular.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed that a future GP will include Nina and a track based on the academy of evil

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So Tawna, Baby T and Spyro are DLC?

I wonder if that means there's still characters left on the base game! How exciting.

Unless I'm forgetting anyone, Penta is the only playable character missing now, and I expect Fake Velo to show up in the base game, too.

I hope some more show up, but I can see the rest being part of the different seasons.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm forgetting anyone, Penta is the only playable character missing now, and I expect Fake Velo to show up in the base game, too.

I hope some more show up, but I can see the rest being part of the different seasons.
They officially revealed Penta yesterday. He even says "penguin yay 1" when you unlock him.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Penta got confirmed a few days ago. There's four spots left on the current roster. These three can fit there, but since this is Beenox I would NOT be surprised if the last four were something like Fake Velo, Nina, Brio and someone else.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
In theory, this is the best I could hope for and I am really excited about it... But I'll remain sceptical until I see how it is implemented in game.

Activision hasn't earned my trust regarding this game until I see all the cards laid on the table. For all we know they could lock Tawna behind a 20 hour grind so that they can incite people to blow their money on micro transactions.

I would LOVE to eat some delicious crow regarding this subject, but until that first season opens up, I'll keep expecting the worst from Activision, as is tradition.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Freaking Spyro really?!? This went from a wait for a price drop to potentially day one. Or at least whenever the day is that's Spyro drops.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Really getting a kick out of them just saying "ok now stop calling them Trophy Girls from here on out", super excited for all of this but I would like to hear some clarification on how players who dont engage in the Battle Pass system would have a chance at claiming the stages and characters, for my friends who may not be able to pick this up in the launch window

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nitro Squad character icons

qa9mslszwq331.jpg

man Beenox just never stopped, this game slowly turned into everything i ever wanted out of a new Crash Team Racing

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All of this being free post launch support is amazing!

So for new characters we got Tawna, the Nitro Squad (formerly Trophy Girls), Baby T., Baby Crash, Baby Coco, and Spyro. Also two new tracks coming.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So Crash Team Racing is one of my all-time favorite games ever, probably in my Top 10. I remember the good old days as it was yesterday. I haven't been following the remake since the announcement though, and it seems this one has a lot of new characters? How many new characters were added to the game, and who are those? I know about Nitro Squad, Tawny and Spyro. Are there new characters introduced from games after '"Wrath of Cortex'?

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So Crash Team Racing is one of my all-time favorite games ever, probably in my Top 10. I remember the good old days as it was yesterday. I haven't been following the remake since the announcement though, and it seems this one has a lot of new characters? How many new characters were added to the game, and who are those? I know about Nitro Squad, Tawny and Spyro. Are there new characters introduced from games after '"'?
Crunch is from Wrath of Cortex but alot of the other characters are from CTR follow up Crash Nitro Kart

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Crunch is from Wrath of Cortex but alot of the other characters are from CTR follow up Crash Nitro Kart
Crunch is from Wrath of Cortex, N.Trance is from the GBA game, Crash 2: N-Tranced.

The rest are CNK originals.
Oh wow, that's where he's from! Now I remember him. And I guess that's why I don't recognize some of the others since I never played any edition of CTR since the original. Or the handheld games.

Status
Not open for further replies.