• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I guess that the item distribution might also take a small roll in this. I've always been a fan of acceleration types in Mario Kart Wii because that game could be a goddamn massacre when it came to random shit flying around, but in Mario Kart 8 I much preferred speedy characters.

Oh well, I'm sure people will figure it out a few days into the game, as usual.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to choose a character without maximum speed? I remember always playing as Penta Penguin in the original.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to choose a character without maximum speed? I remember always playing as Penta Penguin in the original.
The game's about maintaining your speed so in like, half the tracks speed chars' awful handling really hold them back. Accel and all arounders end up better in those tracks, with slow chars having a niche in tracks with super turbo pads.

Penta had max stats in EU/Japan, so he was pretty much god. Was handling in NA tho.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

What version? In the PAL and NTSC-J versions, Penta had maxed stats in every category, and so was kinda broooken. Normally max speed characters have very poor handling and only so-so acceleration. It can be hard to recover from a wipeout or a storm of items smashing you relentlessly as you feebly wobble off a jump, afflicted by an accursed clock. Acceleration characters can get back to speed faster, handling characters can avoid obstacles and sharp turns more easily, and the balanced folks in between all of that.

Deleted member 36557

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
My girlfriend wants this game, but it doesn't release in Japan until August, so I'll grab the US version on Switch. I hope it's not downgraded at al!

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Penta was a cheat character that had all his stats maxed, he won't have that in this remake.

And certain characters are simply better on some tracks compared to others. There are definitely some tracks where speed characters suffer a lot because of the turns, one of the reasons why you see acceleration characters more often in adventure mode speedruns.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe there could be some item earned that allows you to change your character stat type temporarily for 50 races, so other players don't feel salty about only some Polars being super fast.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh haha, I never realized that about Penta Penguin. But I had the NA version, so it sounds like he was no better than the characters with excellent handling? I probably just read in a guide that he had max speed and took it as gospel.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This game looks so amazing, I'm so glad they added Tawna and the Nitro squad and I hope they add Nina soon too. June 21st cant come soon enough.

LooneyLMD

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
This game is looking AMAZING.

Does anyone know if it'll have customizable cups? Like instead of the four cups with the same four tracks, you can decide which four tracks you'll race on?

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Is anybody here at E3? or able to ask the reps?

I just would like to see this question asked to them:
"Is there any purchases required to earn the seasonal content immediately? (which means purchasing it to avoid grinding or going through challenges to earn them)"

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, more exposure for the general audience!

It's also telling that a lot of people will be trotting along happily without drifting or boosting. Still looks fun at that speed.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay with Liz. Nice shortcut at 1:07. They also changed the beep alarm for incoming attacks. It beeps slowly and only speeds up when imminent (2:07).

Last edited:

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
image0.png

image1.png

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that only Fake Velo is left as the only unconfirmed character that was previously playable. I can only assume they're planning on a CNK themed season later down the line post-Spyro season, probably with CNK adventure inspired challenges and a unlockable Fake Velo and the iconic hoverbike looking boss kart they used in CNK. Can't imagine what kind of track that would come with though since we already got all of CNK's tracks, perhaps a new track that invokes the hub areas from CNK?

Gotta say that the fact that the Back N. Time Grand Prix is including baby versions of Crash and Coco but not the iconic baby versions of Cortex and N. Trophy is kinda upsetting me. Just look at them.
hqdefault.jpg

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So wait a minute...

If the first DLC is Tawna and the Nitro Squad, and the second is Baby T, Crash and Coco, then do you think it's possible we're getting Spyro along with a few of his friends?

Hunter, Elora and Ripto hype

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So wait a minute...

If the first DLC is Tawna and the Nitro Squad, and the second is Baby T, Crash and Coco, then do you think it's possible we're getting Spyro along with a few of his friends?

Hunter, Elora and Ripto hype
I couldn't care less about Hunter, gimme Elora, Moneybags and Ripto

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What stage would you like to see for Spyro? Personally I think Glimmer is probably the best option, it's the first stage of Spyro 2 so it should be fairly familar to all. It's got a Gem-Stone which are key symbols of Spyro, There's underground sections, but also green overground areas as well so it won't be too close to Dragon Mines, you can incorporate the Super Fly power up gate to work in a flying section (Probably on a sky road of some kind, show off that Vista) and you can get numerous other characters from Avalar to cameo (And you can probably cheat and throw in the Year of the Dragon companions as well, assuming they aren't going to be extra characters).

Artisans is the other likely option to draw reference from for a track. What do you want to see?

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What stage would you like to see for Spyro? Personally I think Glimmer is probably the best option, it's the first stage of Spyro 2 so it should be fairly familar to all. It's got a Gem-Stone which are key symbols of Spyro, There's underground sections, but also green overground areas as well so it won't be too close to Dragon Mines, you can incorporate the Super Fly power up gate to work in a flying section (Probably on a sky road of some kind, show off that Vista) and you can get numerous other characters from Avalar to cameo (And you can probably cheat and throw in the Year of the Dragon companions as well, assuming they aren't going to be extra characters).

Artisans is the other likely option to draw reference from for a track. What do you want to see?
A world Jump Level would be cool. start in glimmer, drive through a portal, be in artisans, drive through a portal, be in a yotd level...and so on. Pretty ambitious as far as wishes go but I think it would fit spyro well.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017

There's a livestream on-going and also, yes
they did confirm characters, tracks and other content from CTTR are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.