• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the optional visual cue for boosting, though I still wish there was also an option audio cue for beginners.
D859gvWWsAAq4On.jpg
"So this is what a kart racer with a budget looks like."

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't be mean, Team Racing is great fun and Transformed is one of the highest budget kart racers in history.
I'm joking! I love TSR and have been shilling both games as Xmas gift bundle options since last year.

It's just going to be harder to keep people looking at Sonic while Crash seems to get the backing it should have had. I keep hoping TSR gets DLC, or maybe they'll go all out in the sequel. Perhaps transformations and team mechanic combined?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm joking! I love TSR and have been shilling both games as Xmas gift bundle options since last year.

It's just going to be harder to keep people looking at Sonic while Crash seems to get the backing it should have had. I keep hoping TSR gets DLC, or maybe they'll go all out in the sequel. Perhaps transformations and team mechanic combined?
Hah sorry, hard to tell. There are so many people unfairly shitting on TSR that I'm always in defense mode for it :P

I actually wish Crash would borrow some of the team mechanics of TSR in this case since they were so much fun.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and it's over already huh?

So no online Ranked mode, but as was stated before there is some level of skill-based matchmaking.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
A bit awkward she kept asking question and he was like "we can't talk about it yet", "no, it's this", "it actually works like that" haha

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So Grand Prix contents are available to purchase in the Pit Stop after the season finishes. Neat.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
that's absolutely great for me; because I'm probably not getting the game at launch after all (not that I don't want it, but I won't be able to afford as I planned), so I don't want to miss on Tawna or Baby T.; hopefully won't take long until I get the game! I was expecting they'd go in a route similar to Mario Tennis Aces with these events ~

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I keep waiting for the catch. I suspect it will come in the price of pit stop items and Wumpa Coins probably being sold at a later date.

But so far everything seems too good to be true, ha ha.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep waiting for the catch. I suspect it will come in the price of pit stop items and Wumpa Coins probably being sold at a later date.

But so far everything seems too good to be true, ha ha.
It always feels like the dev team were in a meeting with an Activision exec going over sales of Insanity Trilogy

Exec: "Ok, blank check on your next project."

And before he could change his mind:

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Don't think I've ever said this, but the frame rate really kills it for me. Comparing this to MK8, the lack of a fluid 60FPS has a massive impact.

It's not like the graphics of MK8 are lacking either, I really don't see why they couldn't have gotten a higher frame rate for CTR.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Don't think I've ever said this, but the frame rate really kills it for me. Comparing this to MK8, the lack of a fluid 60FPS has a massive impact.

It's not like the graphics of MK8 are lacking either, I really don't see why they couldn't have gotten a higher frame rate for CTR.
They said they put as much stuff as they could for the game to run at solid 30FPS.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
All the complaints about 30 fps lock and I'm just hoping there won't be any frame tear in 4-player splitscreen

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Hate the Race girl characters being playable because they dont look cute at all. They look like some depraved furry humanoids. Wish they were at least shrunken down to Crash/Coco's size.

But as someone who doesnt know too much about Crash, I love all the other characters, especially Fake Crash and the cute animals.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hate the Race girl characters being playable because they dont look cute at all. They look like some depraved furry humanoids. Wish they were at least shrunken down to Crash/Coco's size.

But as someone who doesnt know too much about Crash, I love all the other characters, especially Fake Crash and the cute animals.
WHat?! People are going nuts over their inclusion.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Welp, finally beat the Adventure mode of the original one more time before Nitro Fueled. It's insane how well this game holds up.

They're basically the same size as Tawna. Not sure what's weird about them.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, finally beat the Adventure mode of the original one more time before Nitro Fueled. It's insane how well this game holds up.
Right? Been playing a lot lately too and it's making me more excited, I basically got almost everything I could get done in single player bar getting all platinum relics which I never bothered doing before. I got a week to do that, hmm...but I'm also stuck on Polar for those lol.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Man theese charachters skins...i'm never gonna go online and play. I can't stand looking at them and would loose it if someone with an ugly ass skin drove past me at the finnish line stealing my win.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hate the Race girl characters being playable because they dont look cute at all. They look like some depraved furry humanoids.

2743.jpg

Man theese charachters skins...i'm never gonna go online and play. I can't stand looking at them and would loose it if someone with an ugly ass skin drove past me at the finnish line stealing my win.

Yep, it's like Team Fortress 2 all over again.

Fortunately there'll still be adventure mode for a less garish experience.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017

Not at all like the originals

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I like the recolours that are actually based on something (I super dig Orca Nash and White Tiger Tiny) but yeah some of them are too much. Do I need to look at McDonalds-ass looking red skin yellow hair Cortex?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So, how well are we expecting this game to review?

I think that even if it'll probably deserve like a 95, there's probably going to be a ton of "this game is outdated" coming from people who don't understand the mechanics.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
We'll have better comparisons when it launches on Switch.
I feel like their port doesn't use the switch fully

Crash Trilogy had heavy drawbacks, esp. since the resolution was fixed 480p across the board. The level of optimization simply isn't the same

So, how well are we expecting this game to review?

I think that even if it'll probably deserve like a 95, there's probably going to be a ton of "this game is outdated" coming from people who don't understand the mechanics.

It's not Mario Kart levels of hype and nostalgia so it won't happen. It even has good competition and isn't a premier exclusive title for a system (and it plays a lot into those kind of reviews)

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Name of Spyro DLC is Spyro and Friends.

Was just about to post that video.

Something in this video I didn't really notice before so far is when you closely look at the wheels of the kart during the drift, two lines appear on the wheels to indicate the perfect timing of the drift turbo.

Start of drift bar - Normal tires
Midway drift bar - Tires start to lit up with two lines on the outside of the wheels, black smoke from exhaust
Transition towards end of drift bar - The two lines on the tires move closer to each other, entire tire lights up more
End of drift bar - The two lines in the tires meet in the middle

Looks like this visual is to help with the timing of the perfect drift boost without having to look at the bar on the right. That's a very nice QoL improvement.
Wonder how they plan to depict this with hovercraft.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Question for anyone who's been paying attention: have we seen any adventure mode footage with Uka Uka as the player's guide yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.