• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

Over the past eight months, we have been incredibly proud of our seasonal offerings and we feel our next Grand Prix will be one of the best yet. Beenox is known for going out with a bang, and with the next Grand Prix on the horizon we announce that it will be the last official Grand Prix for CTR Nitro-Fueled. It's absolutely a bittersweet thing for us to announce that the next Grand Prix will be the last, but at the same time we want players to know that the race isn't over.

GP_Infographic_FINAL.jpg

Challenge System

The race continues as soon as the final Grand Prix ends, with a brand new challenge system. This system gives any driver the opportunity to master challenges, earn Wumpa coins, and further customize their experience with items in the Pit Stop. There will be challenges relevant to all game modes, so players can race and play CTR Nitro-Fueled the way they enjoy most.

Three challenge types will remain active: Daily, Weekly, and Pro (Monthly). Completing challenges will give players varying amounts of Wumpa Coins that they can use in the Pit Stop.

The Pit Stop will feature items from each Grand Prix season. Players will be able to view a variety of items by refreshing the Pit Stop screen up to 2 times per day, to give them more daily options to choose from when customizing their CTR Nitro-Fueled experience.

Beat Beenox with new Time Trials

Oxide is no longer the king of the track - - going live after the final Grand Prix there will be a set of Time Trial records that will be a challenge for even the best CTR racers to beat! These track times will be based on some of the best times achieved by the Beenox team on each individual track. So the challenge is posed for the best racers out there - - can you beatus? By doing so on all tracks, you can unlock a special reward that will let others know you've got some serious CTR skills!

Additional Planned Post-Grand Prix Content

Finally, while the Grand Prix is ending, there will still be more items coming to CTR Nitro-Fueled.

Look out for these future additions:

· New Characters

· New Karts

· New Legendary Skins

· Legendary Skin Re-colors

· New Decals

· New Paint Jobs

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible that Beenox was able to keep free updates going up for this long! Excited to hear more characters and content are still coming.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Reading the details, it mainly sounds like the next GP will be the last course added to the game, as they are still planning to add characters, karts, skins, decals and paint jobs in the future.

Heck, they also are adding Alternate Colours to pre-existing Legendary Skins as well. Tell me when Ripper Roo gets a Golden Suit for his Gentlemen Outfit. That should be dope.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see it end but its been my most played racing game on the Switch.

Hopefully they still plan on releasing those datamined characters.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Reading the details, it mainly sounds like the next GP will be the last course added to the game, as they are still planning to add characters, karts, skins, decals and paint jobs in the future.

Heck, they also are adding Alternate Colours to pre-existing Legendary Skins as well. Tell me when Ripper Roo gets a Golden Suit for his Gentlemen Outfit. That should be dope.

Basically. Just no new tracks. They're mainly dropping the Grand Prix branding and the nitro gauge and just focusing everything in on coin unlocks.

I feel like the GP name is just going away because they've been on record saying every 'grand prix' would include a new course :P

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Thanks Beenox for this amazing game! Honestly, it's surreal how much stuff they added for no charge and so much fanservice for a longtime fan like me!

Still looking forward for some characters though; let's get the whole cast playable at the end of updates =)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This will also mean the Champion Kart will be entering the store as well for anyone to get, in case you haven't been able to win it yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Despite the fact we'll be getting more content besides tracks, I'm still upset to see this go.

While the first grand prix required way too much work, every following one was better in terms of unlock speeds, and provided much more varied content.

In addition, the CTR community has been so engaging for me, figuring out how to do certain challenges, and working with folks to get more Wumpa Coins, it's been a lot of fun.

Again, it's great we'll be getting new content, but I'm definitely going to miss the excitement that came with each Grand Prix.

In addition, all the tracks that Beenox created (besides Spyro Circuit; awful, AWFUL stage) have been amazing, and if they ever plan on making their own original CTR game next generation, I'm 100% positive it will be great.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't started playing CTR yet, what am I missing out on by missing all the Grand Prix events in the past? I heard that it doesn't lock you out of anything permanently but that I won't be winning items directly through participation in the events anymore?

Or to put it another way, how much worse have I made the game for myself by not jumping in at launch?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't started playing CTR yet, what am I missing out on by missing all the Grand Prix events in the past? I heard that it doesn't lock you out of anything permanently but that I won't be winning items directly through participation in the events anymore?
Just the champion kart and the decals for placing within the top 5% of each GP. All the tracks, characters, skins, other karts & decals, etc are still available. Though you'll need to purchase stuf from the shop instead of unlocking them via challenges.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Just the champion kart and the decals for placing within the top 5% of each GP. All the tracks, characters, skins, other karts & decals, etc are still available. Though you'll need to purchase stuf from the shop instead of unlocking them via challenges.

Got it, and it sounds like they're adding more ways of earning coins to make up for no more GPs? Good to know.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This game has been an absolute treat, and my most played game of last year. Honestly Beenox have done amazing work, and whilst it's sad to see the Grand Prixs end, I'm excited for the future still!!

Bring on Viscount!

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Just downloaded this game and it has a lot more tracks than I expected. Not having to buy DLC was a nice surprise. As for the game itself, it's pretty fun and a lot more challenging than MK8. Was getting bored of the latter.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, no Bridge In The Clouds track.

I've gotten spoiled with all the content we got so far. Must be easier for a skeleton crew to make characters and skins than full play tested tracks.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game was more than worth the 40$ out of the box. But the mountains of free, high quality content that they have consistently adding to the game is just staggering. Beenox has my sword. Not only is their love for the series extremely apparent, but this was one of the most impressive and projects released in 2019, and an insanely good value.

Last edited:

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
The support for this game has been incredible. I have 5 times the amount of time in this game than Mario Kart 8 on Switch and it's because they gave a reason to keep coming back.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The support for this game has been incredible. I have 5 times the amount of time in this game than Mario Kart 8 on Switch and it's because they gave a reason to keep coming back.

Yeah, but for newcomers is kinda scary... why would I buy now if I've missed so many already?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The infographic in the OP says there's 40 tracks and 51 characters, which means it already is counting the Season 8 content (we currently have 50 characters as of Megamix, and 38 tracks in all versions; 39 with the PS4-exclusive Retro Stadium).

Since the game's cups have 4 courses each, 39 tracks (counting the upcoming Season 8 course) is just one track shy of a final 10th cup. It would be kind of weird for Turbo Track, Megamix Mania and the upcoming track floating around when we're one course short of that last cup, and Beenox so far seem to have been quite big on fan service.

So I'm going to guess that either they're going to add Retro Stadium to all versions of the game, or they are going to release one final track past the Season 8 course. Perhaps for the anniversary in summer.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping they'd keep adding tracks until the anniversary, including more Spyro content if they feel they've exhausted Crash (still might happen character-wise), but I understand. Excellent support.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was hoping they'd keep adding tracks until the anniversary, including more Spyro content if they feel they've exhausted Crash (still might happen character-wise), but I understand. Excellent support.

There's still easily a good 20 or so Crash characters they could bring in without adding more Spyro content (though there's like half a dozen Spyro characters that also would be cool additions).

Yeah, but for newcomers is kinda scary... why would I buy now if I've missed so many already?

Honestly it's gotten a lot easier to get the in-game currency since launch, and the only thing that you might (keyword might, we don't know for sure) have missed are cosmetics for one specific kart - the Champion kart, which they said would be made available, as well as several decals for it were unlocked by placing in the top 5% of each GP - and that one charity promotional plane kart.

There's also the Sour Patch Kids/Trident Gum promotional items, but you probably still can get codes for those.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, GPs in CTR were amazing, so I'm sad to see that go away, though it's understandable. The fact that they supported the game with free updates all these months is pretty incredible.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
their support has been great, and i've participated in all the seasonal events, but i guess here ends my hope of them improving the horribly long load times when playing online :(

(on PS4 Pro)

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
No more tracks? Noooooooo

But really they did great. Can't wait to see what Beenox does next.... Kinda mind blowing Beenoxs best game is CTR and it's the one they mostly easily could have screwed up

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty easy to get everything you missed. It takes maybe 10 races on the weekend to buy everything from a previous Grand Prix.
I must have a different version of the game than you do.

10 races on the weekend I would average about 400 coins per race with the multipliers and end up with about 4k coins. which is good for one skin and one character... a far far FAR way away from everything from a previous Grand Prix o.O

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Aww, I understand. The amount of free content they've added each month is crazy, with new characters, skins, karts, colors, decals and a new track each month.

It seems like they're dropping the nitro bar, Grand Prix challenges and new tracks, but will still support the game for awhile with everything else! Essentially it sounds like they're dropping the Grand Prix in everything but name, and focusing more on other CTR content (minus a new track each month).

I wonder if the new content will still be free and unlockable wIth wumpa coins. I hope they are! :)

This is one of my most played games and it's a true love letter to Crash fans. Can't wait for the final Grand Prix! Sounds like it's going to be big.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems like they're dropping [...] Grand Prix challenges

The way the blog post is worded, they are going to keep the challenges, just instead of Nitro points for the GP, they'll pay out wumpa coins, making getting coins all that much easier.
Beenox really is trying everything in their power to let players earn coins without having to pay for the MTX.

All this legendary skins and pinstripe and geary still don't have any.

Pinstripe does have a legendary skin, just not one that came out after launch.