• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You mean by playing as him 25 times?

No.
Gangster Pinstripe:
latest

D_evWr4UIAAfjvv

Oct 27, 2017
The GP's may be going away but my love and appreciation for what Beenox has done with this remake never will. What a game, what a game!
Gonna guess we'll be getting a new Crash title announced soon, then after that they will make an all new CTR game.
I'm gonna need them to hurry up and reveal that big new original Crash platformer already! I'm gettin' restless!

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
giphy.gif

Alas, all good things must come to an end. Gonna miss having new tracks. I do hope enough people remain on or are put back onto the game in order to make sure next gen (hopefully through native BC with improvements) and PC versions are up to snuff. The game still plays shockingly well at 30fps, but I can't help but wonder what could be.

Also, it would be a shame if the support downscales with no more notable QoL improvements, as there is still a fair bit of work that could be done in that regard.

(And Geary skin when?)

Last edited:

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I must have a different version of the game than you do.

10 races on the weekend I would average about 400 coins per race with the multipliers and end up with about 4k coins. which is good for one skin and one character... a far far FAR way away from everything from a previous Grand Prix o.O

Are you coming in 8th place every race? :p. You're probably right though. It is a lot more to get EVERYTHING but to get the basics its pretty quick.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With all the characters and other customization items that have been released since the game launched, it's definitely gonna take a while to get the coins. That said, around the time I finished the challenges for each GP since like GP2 or 3, I tended to have made back all the coins I spent on the new pit stop content. And I'm not actively farming, or optimally trying to get coins at all, just idly playing really. And of course Beenox has, since the launch of the game, added more options to get coins easier: weekend bonus during offline play, gold wumpa, adjusted coin rewards so each track is roughly the same payout, additional modes that reward you with decent cash like Ring Rally, and of course once GPs are over, what used to be GP challenges will be retained to earn coins.

Obviously if you want to have everything right this moment, it'll be a grind, but if you're content unlocking the stuff you really want first, and then just occasionally buy some shit off the store, you're gonna be fine.

At least all of the characters, skins, kart pieces etc. do not change the gameplay at all (outside of kart size I guess?), unlike in say MK8, where each kart piece changes your stats.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Are you coming in 8th place every race? :p. You're probably right though. It is a lot more to get EVERYTHING but to get the basics its pretty quick.
usually get like 4th or 5th :P

I don't care enough to hop hop hop hop hop tiny boost the whole race to get ahead of everyone else like the people that usually get 1-4 :P

basically reminds me of smash on the gamecube. You have the people who wave dash, and then everyone else :P

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
usually get like 4th or 5th :P

I don't care enough to hop hop hop hop hop tiny boost the whole race to get ahead of everyone else like the people that usually get 1-4 :P

basically reminds me of smash on the gamecube. You have the people who wave dash, and then everyone else :P
That's actually just a bit of desync. Those players are doing regular drifts.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Shame it's coming to an end but 8 months of post-launch support is pretty incredible considering it was already a great offering on day one and most people would have been totally content with what was there then.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually just a bit of desync. Those players are doing regular drifts.
doesn't remotely feel like that during the times I get my boosts perfectly on every turn and get decently ahead of the rest of the pack and the people in the front still are a quarter of a lap ahead of me after a single lap :P

pretty much every race I do there are a good chunk of people within 20 seconds of each other, and first and second are usually like 30-40 seconds in front of everyone else.

made me stop caring about ever trying to actually win. I win from time to time, but I really don't care about min maxing everything and learning how to do sacred fire perfectly and all that lol.

still a great game with tons of content though.
I do wish the online worked better in general as the desync sucks, and it sucks how it can take 5+ minutes to get a match because you can repeatedly get close to doing a match and then lose connection with everyone else.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly the only big thing I am hoping they're gonna add to this game is host migration for lobbies. That's like, the biggest weakness of this game. They fixed a lot of the issues that were plaguing the multiplayer and the game in general, but by far the biggest one is the lack of host migration.

I already am lauding CTR NF as one of the greatest kart racers ever, but if Beenox adds that, it's just about perfect. Everything beyond that I dislike is nitpicks really.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The GP's may be going away but my love and appreciation for what Beenox has done with this remake never will. What a game, what a game!

I'm gonna need them to hurry up and reveal that big new original Crash platformer already! I'm gettin' restless!
Obviously the next game is spinoff starring Cortex!

Dec 15, 2017
How long it's been since the release? The Crash and Spyro games typically took a year to get to PC. Waiting for this game and the Samurai Shodown port.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad but also kinda sad that GPs are coming to an end, it was a lot of fun seeing new tracks and themes come to the game. At least we're still getting new content afterwards.

Overall, CTR means a lot to me as a game that got me into the franchise all the way back in 1999 and I'm happy that the game is getting the love and respect it deserves, even if some people dislike NF

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I would like to bump this thread once more to talk the future inclusions (since we talk about this all the time on the OT and the Discord server, but that rarely gets visibility); since we're are getting new content beyond the next and last Grand Prix, there's still plenty of characters across the series to choose from, without resorting to generic enemies and NPCs (few exceptions aside, as illustrated in the chart below); Next month we are gettting Emperor Velo XXVII as pointed in datamining

Nitro-Fueled-Cast-Jan-20-per-game.png

Green = Playable in Nitro-Fueled
Blue = Datamined and probably still coming
Yellow = Referenced in the game in some fashion (background cameos and what not)
Red = Possibly deconfirmed? (Evil Coco was made into a skin)
Black = Still no evidence on their favor whatsoever

Of course, I'm not counting that every character above is getting in (especially because I did list some smaller-ish ones), but there's a good chance we will get all the majors and will end with the whole franchise represented in playable form. My guess it's also we won't get content past June, the game anniversary, and there's always the possibility that new characters will be created for Nitro-Fueled (or coming from the new mainline Crash game).